Sponsored

Class-action lawsuit against Ford for Getrag manual transmissions in 2011-2020 Mustangs

Does this lawsuit raise concerns for you about the Broncoʻs rumored Getrag manual transmission?

• Total voters

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not surprising really, the Mustang transmissions were never great.

Ford’s transmissions have never been good, but this along with the Focus/Fiesta lawsuit will make people second guess their vehicles.

That said, I can’t wait to get a manual Bronco in a couple years because my lust for it is stronger.
Ford makes the best American transmissions out there most are on par with the Japanese.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it breaks in 5 years who cares right, just put in one that can handle higher torque and hp? That’s kind of what I’m thinking of doing, and then in the future putting in a v8. But if you had to guess, how much would that cost to put in a stronger manual?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if Astro will make a gear set for these like they do for the T5 at some point?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my 6 spd 2011 Mustang since June of 2010. Over 125k miles and it’s been fine. If shifts way easier if your giving it some revs. But even at slow speeds it’s fine. Sorry for those with issues ??‍♂

Sponsored

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

that's not bad, if the getrag starts crapping out outside of warranty i would do that and keep the 2.3l, mod it and run it until that dies as well

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the radio, gauge cluster, seats, cup holder, etc... were made in China, then whatever. However, the following should never be made or manufactured in China: engine, transmission, differentials & axles, suspension, and emissions system. This is another lawsuit waiting to happen.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good news is all newer ford have a Gm/Ford transmission or are specialized transmission (gt500, ford Gt and Bronco). So you would think two companies SHOULD be able to make a good transmission. Especially one that’s going in EVERYTHING
Damn now I'm pissed because I'm gonna have a GM tranny in my New Bronco ?

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are getting the Bronco because it’s awesome. Everyone knows Ford lacks quality. Lol

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A guy on reddit posted the reasons that this thing is pretty meh. Don’t think we’ll need to worry with B ronco.
I'm #4 lol, I missed 2nd gear racing my souped up Vega back in the 70s, after the big boom I got out looked under the car saw tranny fluid leaking out, slide out my 8 track player grabbed my tapes and walked on home. Took it to my uncle's gas station put it on the lift we tore it apart cracked the tranny case took a few teeth out and blew out my spider gears in the rear end, had dents coming out of my rear end cover LOL, the moral of the story I drive automatics now ?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recommend to remove your rose-colored glasses (or would they be Ford Blue-tined glasses?).

https://www.freep.com/in-depth/mone...-focus-fiesta-transmission-defect/1671198001/

On Aug. 31, 2010, just six months before the 2012 Focus hit the market, product development engineer Tom Langeland emailed colleagues and supervisors describing “nasty launch judder” — intense vibration from a stop — that “did not clear up after many miles of driving.”​
“We also cannot achieve a driveable calibration that will get us to production,” he wrote. “The clutch torque delivery MUST BE IMPROVED.”​
The next February, a month before the Focus went to dealers, Craig Renneker, then acting director of transmission and driveline engineering, emailed Richard Bonifas, a customer service manager at the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, where the cars were being built.​
“The 2012 Focus vehicles equipped with the DPS6 transmission may experience a shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop … ship the vehicles to the dealers with the level of shudder we currently have and continue our efforts towards a permanent resolution ASAP,” Renneker wrote on Feb. 21, 2011. “That’s just my opinion and it’s not a popular one.”​
They were determined to be pieces of shit, and they shipped anyway. Then when owners complained, Ford stalled and denied and hemmed and hawed and refused to fix the problem, partially because they didn't have an actual fix, and partially because all of the warranty work hurt their bottom line $$$.

All of that being said, the new 7MTI550 could still be entirely great.
Sponsored