First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I ordered my OBX on December 7th )of this year). I read that the VIN number usually comes within a week or two, but I have not received any notification of the VIN number being assigned. Any idea when vin numbers are assigned then?
Sponsored

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depending on your constraints, you may be in for a long wait. People on here still don't have a VIN after 1.5 years.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I ordered my OBX on December 7th )of this year). I read that the VIN number usually comes within a week or two, but I have not received any notification of the VIN number being assigned. Any idea when vin numbers are assigned then?
VIN will come closer to the time when your vehicle is scheduled to be built.

Grab your favorite beverage and hold on, it may be a while.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is your build? You won't get a VIN until you get scheduled. Getting scheduled depends on your build, your dealers allocations and when you ordered. Nobody here can give you an estimate on when you will be scheduled. Depending on the given factors it could range between 1-12 months.

OP
OP
Goodnoodle5

Goodnoodle5

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
VIN will come closer to the time when your vehicle is scheduled to be built.

Grab your favorite beverage and hold on, it may be a while.
Wonderful then. Glad I’m not in a rush.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Goodnoodle5

Goodnoodle5

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is your build? You won't get a VIN until you get scheduled. Getting scheduled depends on your build, your dealers allocations and when you ordered. Nobody here can give you an estimate on when you will be scheduled. Depending on the given factors it could range between 1-12 months.
OBX, MIC top, 2.7L, Auto transmission, modular bumper, etc

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anything can happen, but given it’s a recent order + hard top, I’d prep myself for a very long wait. If you like occasional mild torture, pay attention to the Thursday scheduling threads. I think the next one isn’t for 3 weeks or so.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just so you realize, there are folks who reserved very similar builds in mid-July 2020 who have not received a build date yet.

If your choice of dealer was extremely lucky, maybe you're looking at April-May? Much more likely toward the end of the year or 2023.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If i were personally ordering a 4door, you couldn't convince me to order a hardtop at this point. The wait times for hardtops are insane. If you change that MIC to a soft top i bet you're driving it in 3 months tops. If you stay a hardtop, you might be looking at a year.

If they offered a softtop 2dr, i would have been all over it already.

OP
OP
Goodnoodle5

Goodnoodle5

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If i were personally ordering a 4door, you couldn't convince me to order a hardtop at this point. The wait times for hardtops are insane. If you change that MIC to a soft top i bet you're driving it in 3 months tops. If you stay a hardtop, you might be looking at a year.

If they offered a softtop 2dr, i would have been all over it already.
Right now it’s a 4dr hard top…what does the aftermarket look like for hardtops? Quality and pricing wise.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right now it’s a 4dr hard top…what does the aftermarket look like for hardtops? Quality and pricing wise.
There is no aftermarket for hardtops at this point. It will develop, but nothing yet. That being said, I'd go softtop if I was able and I live in a place where it can snow over a foot (not common, but possible). Can't imagine the need for a hardtop in florida.

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OBX, MIC top, 2.7L, Auto transmission, modular bumper, etc
Considering that's similar to my build, although I opted for leather, I have been waiting approximately 520 days for my build and still don't have an "In Production" email yet, I would say you're in for a long wait. However, that's not to say that if you didn't reserve and literally just walked into a large dealer that has allocations that you may be like some of the other lottery winners lately that get scheduled within a month of placing an order...good luck and please don't gloat if you follow the latter scenario as there are a bunch of us whose Wheaties you would "piss all over" when you tell us that...

OP
OP
Goodnoodle5

Goodnoodle5

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is no aftermarket for hardtops at this point. It will develop, but nothing yet. That being said, I'd go softtop if I was able and I live in a place where it can snow over a foot (not common, but possible). Can't imagine the need for a hardtop in florida.
Well the main problem with soft tops here is the rainy season. In the summer it rains all the time at 2:30 pm (in all seriousness, it seems to always be at that time). That’s why I chose a hard top originally

OP
OP
Goodnoodle5

Goodnoodle5

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Considering that's similar to my build, although I opted for leather, I have been waiting approximately 520 days for my build and still don't have an "In Production" email yet, I would say you're in for a long wait. However, that's not to say that if you didn't reserve and literally just walked into a large dealer that has allocations that you may be like some of the other lottery winners lately that get scheduled within a month of placing an order...good luck and please don't gloat if you follow the latter scenario as there are a bunch of us whose Wheaties you would "piss all over" when you tell us that...
Hopefully since I don’t have the Sasquatch package I’ll be helped out a bit with the production date…guess patience is a virtue or something like that

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well the main problem with soft tops here is the rainy season. In the summer it rains all the time at 2:30 pm (in all seriousness, it seems to always be at that time). That’s why I chose a hard top originally
In sudden summer showers, a flipped back softtop is a lot easier to close than taken off hardtop panels. One you just stand up and grab the top and pull it forward and hit 2 clamps. Other you gotta get out, go to the cargo area, unbag panels, put them on one at a time, then hit a series of clamps.
Sponsored