Sponsored

Classic trim option: Am I the only one who...

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want this aesthetic on the outside and a King Ranch aesthetic on the inside.

I'll never get it...but eh.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want this aesthetic on the outside and a King Ranch aesthetic on the inside.

I'll never get it...but eh.
KING RANCH BRONCO!

Gimme brown with the white roof and some KR badging!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For some reason based on the amount of ground clearance those steelies look much bigger than the actual 16” steelies. Otherwise it looks great, I don’t think that color is available on base iirc?
I actually like 16" wheels, there are a lot of good inexpensive tires made in 16" in almost any size. I like 265 75 16 it's about 32" not too wide or rough. If I don't Sasquatch my base I'll do this.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
KING RANCH BRONCO!

Gimme brown with the white roof and some KR badging!
No way. Give me the stripper look on the outside. I don't need other people to know I'm rollin in saddle leather and heated steering wheel.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually like 16" wheels, there are a lot of good inexpensive tires made in 16" in almost any size. I like 265 75 16 it's about 32" not too wide or rough. If I don't Sasquatch my base I'll do this.
I agree I don’t mind the 16”, the only issue I have with them is that they are on a very narrow rim which means a lot of larger size tires will be off limits.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree I don’t mind the 16”, the only issue I have with them is that they are on a very narrow rim which means a lot of larger size tires will be off limits.
Nah. They just have to be pizza cutters.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m getting the BD in velocity blue and will plastidip the top, steel wheels, and grill white to see how it looks. Then decide if I want it painted. The cool thing about plastidip is you peel it right off if you don’t like it and it doesn’t harm the paint.

Last edited:

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pouring through all of the photos, concepts, and mock-ups of different 2 and 4 door Bronco configurations, all I've really seen is big tire and more hard core off road builds outfitted with the sasquatch package.

While I appreciate all of the tech and investment that's gone into making this the best off roader in the market, am I the only one who would prefer to see more examples of a cleaner, more classic build of the new generation Broncos...perhaps even more of a beach/surf style concept?

Below, is an illustration that I saw Matthew Hoss post on Instagram that is the closest and best example I've seen and is closer to what I was hoping to see at launch. Anyone else share this appreciation for the basic and come across other examples?

Stu

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.38.53 PM.png
100% would be my preference! Hopefully once the configurator is up, we'll be able to put together something like this.

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This render is perfect. Are the rims painted white or silver? Guessing white.. Im getting a black diamond and this looks perfect. probably would do 33's as well.

Sponsored

Madsjim

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 XLT 5. 0
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is exactly the aesthetic I'm looking for. After the disappointment of not being able to pair Sasquatch with a manual, I came to the realization that I would be very happy with a just a base model, 33' tires on some white steelies, an aftermartet rear e-locker, and some auxiliary switches.

I would probably get a white paint job on that hard top as well. I'm pretty excited about this thing.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that is exactly what I want except the 33's are plenty of tire for me. Plus I want skinny tires....

Hopefully we can get the white top, and I can get the steel rims for my winter tires. (I'm a huge fan of snow tires now that I can afford 2 sets of tires).
The skinnier tires they are using, 255's are 32.1" tall, the ones they call 33's (285) are 32.6".
So , somewhat skinnier, only 1/2" shorter....or 1/4" of clearance.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My understanding is base wheels are 7.5" which would be fine for 265 width 10.5"?. If you tried to cut pizza with that your pineapple would be crushed! It's funny how tire width expectations grow over time. EB's had tires in the 7-8" range on 6" wheels, people where putting "huge" 9.5 x 15x 30's (about the size of the new Base tire) on them and cutting the fenders to do it! I think the 315's on the SAS are just too big from a ride, vibration, balance standpoint...no bigger than 285 would be great.. Disclosure: I have 235/85 x 16's on my Rubicon, about 32" and easy to put chains on, now those are pizza cutters.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
My understanding is base wheels are 7.5" which would be fine for 265 width 10.5"?. If you tried to cut pizza with that your pineapple would be crushed! It's funny how tire width expectations grow over time. EB's had tires in the 7-8" range on 6" wheels, people where putting "huge" 9.5 x 15x 30's (about the size of the new Base tire) on them and cutting the fenders to do it! I think the 315's on the SAS are just too big from a ride, vibration, balance standpoint...no bigger than 285 would be great.. Disclosure: I have 235/85 x 16's on my Rubicon, about 32" and easy to put chains on, now those are pizza cutters.
That’s just because I’ve grown accustomed to 37x12.5, I always forget how smaller vehicles make 33s and the such look big. The way my truck is I can go up to 38s before I have to start thinking about lifting above factory height.

Certainly cheaper to go 265s I just have to establish that mind set.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm not suggesting it can't be built out but would love to see more renderings of it as a classic Bronco alternative...smaller steel wheel and tire setup, white top, body color feners...maybe even some retro striping similar to the example below.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 5.34.45 PM.png
Seeing it like that reminds me of the one I have in my concept cover pic
Ford Bronco Classic trim option: Am I the only one who... Oasis of Doom_Colors_final

Obviously not 100%, but still... Maybe I wanna 4dr now
Sponsored