Sponsored

Classic trim option: Am I the only one who...

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've always been a year two guy....

But I saved the first picture to my Bronco Folder for inspiration as I pull my thoughts together.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I donā€™t necessarily want a ā€œtamerā€ Bronco. I just probably wonā€™t be rock crawling. Iā€™ll take it off the beaten path, but that means remote parts of Northern Michigan. Not Moab. The base with better tires would be great for me. Itā€™s all the capability Iā€™d ever need.
I agree with your focus on capability specific to your needs. I have come full circle on what I want my Bronco to be. I initially wanted a WT. Then I thought a BL would be better suited for me. (I did not know what a Front Stabilizer Bar Disconnect was used for). After a lot of research and reading posts on B6G, I started looking at the OBX and BB. I've decided on the BB, which I think will be a good daily driver. It will be a stock BB with no mods, other than a tint and maybe slightly larger tires. It will have some classic Bronco cues, though.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you could always look at the base model. if the standard 255/70-16 tire is too small, the 265/75-16 should give you another inch of sidewall.. looking at the tires on my TRD Tacoma, the stock tires are 265/70-16 and measure 31" tall. plenty of size choices in the 16 inch wheel....
Ford Bronco Classic trim option: Am I the only one who... 1627002967843

this is the equivelent of a bronco sonogram (stock image) of what i ordered

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford doesn't push the base model configuration because they make the big $$ on option packages. My ideal would be for the options to be a la carte rather than lumped together in a package.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is why I chose the 2dr Black Diamond
A great platform to create the classic Bronco.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Plus access to all colors and washout floors. Ford definitely knew what they were doing when they specced those options 2 trims up from base. I reduced my build from sas badlands with all the constrained stuff to a BD minus all (other than mod bumper) constraints. First step when/if i get it will be powdercoating those steelies white

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
I am *this* close to switching back to BD to avoid the front locker commodity constraints. I lose the high package, but keep most everything I really need. Think Iā€™ll pull the trigger on Monday.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pouring through all of the photos, concepts, and mock-ups of different 2 and 4 door Bronco configurations, all I've really seen is big tire and more hard core off road builds outfitted with the sasquatch package.

While I appreciate all of the tech and investment that's gone into making this the best off roader in the market, am I the only one who would prefer to see more examples of a cleaner, more classic build of the new generation Broncos...perhaps even more of a beach/surf style concept?

Below, is an illustration that I saw Matthew Hoss post on Instagram that is the closest and best example I've seen and is closer to what I was hoping to see at launch. Anyone else share this appreciation for the basic and come across other examples?

Stu

Ford Bronco Classic trim option: Am I the only one who... 1627002967843
Love it! I'd go with grey top as my Base Bronco is white so need some contrast plus dirt.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a base bronco with white wheels, white top, and slightly more aggressive tires?

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is west coast style.
out here we run Baja and dunes and higher speed stuff. Less crawling and more beach and sand and snow for fun. Thatā€™s the look and functionality that Iā€™m looking for too.
I also have the BD 2 dr to start with.

BroncoBGH

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Crosstour
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's a guy with a YouTube channel who bought a base model and is using Jay Leno's 1968 Bronco as inspiration for his mods. Antimatter blue rig with the old school white accents; and some other mods he records. If interested: search: "Budget Bronco"
Sponsored