Cleaning help! Can't remove marks off plastic fender flares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or not. I have the plastic fender flares with the sasquatch package so I expected mud and rocks to sling up but i can't seem to get them cleaned. I haven't taken it "off-roading" really. All the mud I've picked up from my short dirt driveway and anything on the highway. Washed it first with a soft wash mitt, soap and water and it dried like the photos. I tried a harder sponge and scrubbed it pretty hard and today I took it to a car wash and used the pressure washer and still no change. The dark spot on the fender is just a wet spot I tried to clean with my thumb. It dried like everything else. Thanks in advance.

Ford Bronco Cleaning help! Can't remove marks off plastic fender flares 20210905_081239
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like they are easily stainable. Try something like mother's ultimate black. Put plenty on a rag and scrub it in.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah my Jeep fenders finally became all one color,... the color of the stains. The "New" doesn't last long. :sneaky:

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
i heard you can get that stain out with Tide bleach and a steel sponge.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All the plastic restorers I've used have been temporary as in they just cover the stains up. One trick I found for removing wax stains from plastic is a plastic polymer eraser (the white ones). Maybe what you have are like mineral deposits. Vinegar or CLR may work if it is but definitely try an inconspicuous spot underneath first.

Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

On the plus side, they are easily removable to make cleaning easier without risking the paint.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@rickastley says this product below is the bomb diggity and you only need a tiny bit. Rick also happens to be a car detailing juggernaut so I would take his advice. If you search for the other thread on this topic you will see some of his before and after pics and they are amazing. I am bought it to have on hand for when I get a vehicle to actually get dirty/stained.

Ford Bronco Cleaning help! Can't remove marks off plastic fender flares 1633023526424

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

btw, like the file size ^^^^^

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or not. I have the plastic fender flares with the sasquatch package so I expected mud and rocks to sling up but i can't seem to get them cleaned. I haven't taken it "off-roading" really. All the mud I've picked up from my short dirt driveway and anything on the highway. Washed it first with a soft wash mitt, soap and water and it dried like the photos. I tried a harder sponge and scrubbed it pretty hard and today I took it to a car wash and used the pressure washer and still no change. The dark spot on the fender is just a wet spot I tried to clean with my thumb. It dried like everything else. Thanks in advance.

Ford Bronco Cleaning help! Can't remove marks off plastic fender flares 1633023526424
That looks like tire shine sling. I have yet to find any that does not sling and your Dealer may have used it during delivery prep. Try "Back to Black"...it is a plastics/rubber reconditioner and has been around and used for decades.
Sponsored