Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Be like being in a damn greenhouse
Temperature control

The ClearLidz tops are made up of polycarbonate, which serves as a durable shielding as well as provides utmost insulation throughout the year. It keeps out the heat and the UV rays and protects you during the summers.

Hard tops are made up of thick material and warm up quickly from the inside. They are suitable for colder climates but for a day out in the sun? I don’t think so!
Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super cool to look at and through but in reality you're just sitting in a greenhouse getting sun roasted.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A customer comment.

Yellowing:
Too soon to tell, but given that the UV & Sunlight Filtering is definitely working I doubt this will be an issue. In spite of it's name Clearlidz aren't clear, they're like sunglasses. I've never seen sunglasses yellow.
Thank you! That alleviates a lot of my concerns

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Makes me think of this stuff.

DB0B9F97-9FED-4335-B7D3-13C27A7B23F0.jpeg

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Super cool to look at and through but in reality you're just sitting in a greenhouse getting sun roasted.
Temperature control

The ClearLidz tops are made up of polycarbonate, which serves as a durable shielding as well as provides utmost insulation throughout the year. It keeps out the heat and the UV rays and protects you during the summers.

Hard tops are made up of thick material and warm up quickly from the inside. They are suitable for colder climates but for a day out in the sun? I don’t think so!

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Temperature control

From what I can find the solar heat gain coefficients of even tinted polycarbonate are higher than triple pane high solar gain glazing (for south walls in northern climates). Prepare to roast.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From what I can find the solar heat gain coefficients of even tinted polycarbonate are higher than triple pane high solar gain glazing (for south walls in northern climates). Prepare to roast.
We're not building houses here. A customer claims that putting the panel over a solar device cut the charging rate by 88% using his calculations.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like a good way to make your vehicle into a greenhouse and die of heat exposure.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like a good way to make your vehicle into a greenhouse and die of heat exposure.
Temperature control

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We're not building houses here. A customer claims that putting the panel over a solar device cut the charging rate by 88% using his calculations.
Well, putting a MIC top over the charging device would have cut the charging rate by 100%.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Temperature control

I read that too and wonder why they didn’t post any testing? Stock panel in 90* day run ac for 10 minutes shut off park in sun temp after 30 mins. Clearlidz panel change out same process. Seems like a simple test. Reminds me of all the home replacement window commercials I see all the time!
We had an older Jeep Rubicon years and years ago and that top would get so hot on the inside you could not touch it for more than a few seconds!

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, putting a MIC top over the charging device would have cut the charging rate by 100%.
Maybe. Maybe not I think at least two threads about pin holes in mic tops. So call it 99%? :ROFLMAO: