First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Corvette - 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol I am currently sitting in garage, bronco in driveway and am hearing it also, then I googled it and this thread came up. Glad I’m not the only one
Nice timing lol
Sponsored

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took ownership of my 2021 Bronco 2.7 3 days ago. I have noticed after driving the vehicle and while it’s parked in the garage it makes a clicking noise (coming from engine bay). Wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if it’s normal. I haven’t reached out to my dealership to ask, since none of them are owners of a Bronco. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks Bronco community!

When I took my bronco to get her first detail the guy asked ne “is it supposed to click like that?” I looked at him and said “I think so “😂

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lot of new engines, and most that run on the Bosch MED17 ECU (VW/Audi/BMW/Ford/others) will do TONS of stuff after the engine is off. These can include, the throttle body recalibrating, coolant pumps running to funnel coolant through the turbo(s) after the engine is off, and various other things. Perfectly normal.

Got a video of things by chance?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the hamster in the turbo. It's only supposed to run when you're driving but sometimes it runs just to stretch it's legs

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes they do this. Keep the keys at least 20' away otherwise the thing will be in a constant wake up loop. We've had Lincolns that owners were keeping the keys near and would go dead if not driven for several days. Had to really dig to figure out what was causing the draw which ended up being keys too close. Modules shut down and wake up in certain orders and time, if the antennas are seeing the key nearby it thinks you are approaching and will start waking things up. If no engine or accessory power input after a certain period of time it will try to start shutting down until your key pings it again and the process starts all over.

I don't know what the specific distance is to prevent this but there are several antennas in the vehicle looking for the key or other key fob signals. Mine is more sensitive when approaching from right rear corner and walking directly in front. Bronco seems to be a little more sensitive than other Ford vehicles that use this tech. Morale of the story it's probably normal and store your primary AND secondary keys further away.

OP
OP
FireGuy1182

FireGuy1182

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150, 2015 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes they do this. Keep the keys at least 20' away otherwise the thing will be in a constant wake up loop. We've had Lincolns that owners were keeping the keys near and would go dead if not driven for several days. Had to really dig to figure out what was causing the draw which ended up being keys too close. Modules shut down and wake up in certain orders and time, if the antennas are seeing the key nearby it thinks you are approaching and will start waking things up. If no engine or accessory power input after a certain period of time it will try to start shutting down until your key pings it again and the process starts all over.

I don't know what the specific distance is to prevent this but there are several antennas in the vehicle looking for the key or other key fob signals. Mine is more sensitive when approaching from right rear corner and walking directly in front. Bronco seems to be a little more sensitive than other Ford vehicles that use this tech. Morale of the story it's probably normal and store your primary AND secondary keys further away.
Thanks for that information!

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took delivery of a 2.7 last week and was wondering about the clicks myself. I'm really glad it's not just mine! My previous vehicle was an 04 Sequoia, so I'm used to noises that vehicle made after driving. The Bronco sounds are a little more electronic in nature. It's a mixture of clicking, tapping and high pitch electrical whine. They tend to stick around a little longer than the traditional cooling sounds. I'm used to leaving the key inside my vehicle where I park in an attached garage. One less thing to worry about grabbing on the way out with my hands full in the mornings. After awhile all of the noises stop and it's completely quiet, even with the key inside. I drive my Bronco every day, so leaving the key inside probably won't be an issue. If I were to go on a trip or leave the car parked for more than a day I would defiantly take the key out of the vehicle and store it elsewhere.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yah, I thought I was crazy too. Then the wife heard it last night and said is that normal? We leave our keys hanging in the mudroom/laundry room which is the first room off the garage. But it’s pretty close. We have heard that with all this new technology and key fobs that you should store your fobs farther away.
I guess I’ll try to move the fob and see if I still hear the noise. Thanks and enjoys those Broncos!

side note: I just love the stares from all the Jeep owners! It’s priceless!
I haven't taken the Fob out of the Lincoln in over three years? I store it in the ford location for a dead fob battery. I use the door controls exclusively. About the nicest reason to own a Ford product. Put the key in the dead fob location and see if it does that same thing.

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This might sound crazy but lock your Bronco (or any modern car) even if it's in the garage. My Subaru battery will drain within 2-3 days without use if I park it in the garage and don't lock the doors.

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The click noise is probably the fuel pressure regulator for the gas tank. My Subaru does that.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see it now,” due to the shortage of the factory installed “ clicking sound” commodity, Bronco deliveries will be reduced further.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I was lucky enough to get my Bronco last month, but unfortunately during the busy work season for me.

I have basically been out of town and on 12s since August 31st. I last drove my Bronco 2 weeks ago yesterday. I got this in my FordPass app yesterday at exactly 2 weeks to the “T” when I last drove it.

So it looks like Ford has them go into Deep Sleep Mode after 2 weeks of not being used to avoid battery draining. I was able to check tire pressure, oil life, etc. up until this point.

So I would think some of the clicking noises are just the vehicle’s modem and electronics connecting for the App.

Luckily I should be heading home to enjoy for a bit later this week.

Ford Bronco Clicking noise after Bronco is not running 395923CA-8AA2-44EB-A9FA-BB08FE04640B

Last edited:

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my bronco a few days ago, and noticed the clicking noises (pretty loud) had to investigate... seems to be coming from the brake pedal. 🙃
Sponsored