First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the same issue...it is very random for me. I haven't been able to figure it out either.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Bronco concern on my end.
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too have this issue as of recent. Subtle small bumps seem to cause a slightly annoying sound. It's definitely coming from the front passenger area as well.

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

At ~1800mi my soft top developed a click. Sounds like it’s coming from the rear passenger corner. Only when I hit bumps (even small ones). Assuming it’s metal to metal contact when the rear makes vertical motion. Nothing major by any means… just annoying because I notice every new sound the car makes now..
anyone else?
@Ford Motor Company ?
Recently noticed this on mine also. Gonna have a look in that back corner later today. Only thing I've done with the top so far is open to position 1 and lift the rear of the top a handful of times. I thought maybe it was from lifting the rear of the top, but I check it after I close it and it feels solid.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I too have this issue as of recent. Subtle small bumps seem to cause a slightly annoying sound. It's definitely coming from the front passenger area as well.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve had the soft top rattle, primarily from the rear passenger side, since day one. When the top is folded all the way back, it goes away. I’ve checked all the soft top latch points and adjustment points and they all seem to be adjusted properly and are tight. I really think it has something to do with the rear passenger side plastic window rattling in the track. I can recreate the noise when it’s parked by tapping on the outside, lower part of that window where it slides into the track. The driver’s side doesn’t make noise when I tap the lower edge.

I’m just not sure how to eliminate that rattle/movement of the lower edge of the window in the track. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!

Sponsored

Area51J

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anybody figured this out? Mine is getting worse it seems (n)

jwvice

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Platinum F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any update on this issue? I have it also…right side where the lovk point is above the rear passenger seat. Very annoying.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything new here? I spent the weekend driving around with the top in various states of up, down, with, without windows to try to figure out what's going on.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, I've still got a click in the back of the top at speed, but I think I resolved the issue being addressed here after a lot of troubleshooting. Just a few inches behind the B pillar in the top there's a sideways facing metal cylinder that was hitting one of the mechanical pieces of the top below it. I played with it a bit and was able to replicate the sound and even saw a place on the piece of the top itself where it was chipping the paint from hitting repeatedly. Long story short, I put a piece of velcro (the soft side) on the top where that cylinder is hitting and it seems to have fixed the problem. If you look at the attached picture you can see where the white velcro is (I'm going to switch it out to black, but what was all I had handy).
Ford Bronco Clicking noise- soft top - rear passenger corner thumbnail_IMG_4571

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At ~1800mi my soft top developed a click. Sounds like it’s coming from the rear passenger corner. Only when I hit bumps (even small ones). Assuming it’s metal to metal contact when the rear makes vertical motion. Nothing major by any means… just annoying because I notice every new sound the car makes now..
anyone else?
@Ford Motor Company ?
It seems like a proven solution for this is to cover the alignment pins with shrink tubing and viola!
Interestingly, I am preparing to do this later today on my rig for the very same reason you mentioned. I saw that Ace Hardware sells black shrink tubing of the right size.

Sponsored
OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems like a proven solution for this is to cover the alignment pins with shrink tubing and viola!
Interestingly, I am preparing to do this later today on my rig for the very same reason you mentioned. I saw that Ace Hardware sells black shrink tubing of the right size.
Are talking about the pins located behind click out panels in the trunk? That’s a good idea I’ll have to take a look

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are talking about the pins located behind click out panels in the trunk? That’s a good idea I’ll have to take a look
Sorry… I thought you were hearing the clicking/popping from the front panels. There are a few posts in another thread where they installed shrink tubing over the alignment pins. Not sure if this would help with what you are describing but it certainly couldn’t hurt.

LoneWolf1903

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company I just started experiencing a clicking sound on the driver side rear near the passenger seat. It seems to be coming from the bar that goes over the passenger area. My Bronco has around 2700 miles on it and the clicking just started. Is there a fix for this by chance?

LoneWolf1903

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @LoneWolf1903 take a look at post #25 above yours.
Thank you! I must have missed that post. I’ll take a look when I get back from my trip. Just noticed the clicking within the last couple of days.
Sponsored