Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anyone else is experiencing the same clicking sounds when press braking pad?
Super annoying and happens all the day after April, when the weather gets better and temperature becomes warmer. Usually comes after 10mins drive when the water temperature is up.

Definitely not the shift lock, something from the booster?

Sponsored

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the exact same thing. I've looked around on the forums here and it seems to be inconclusive. My searching at least lol.
I didn't think much of it at first. But I swear it only "clicked" once when depressing the pedal.
However more recently, it has become multiple clicks.
I've had the Bronco for 5 months and have put just about 6500 miles on it.

OP
OP

qiyuanhu813

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the exact same thing. I've looked around on the forums here and it seems to be inconclusive. My searching at least lol.
I didn't think much of it at first. But I swear it only "clicked" once when depressing the pedal.
Exactly, initially it is one click then multiple clicks. What trim yours is? And build date?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Clicking sounds when braking IMG_1062

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly, initially it is one click then multiple clicks. What trim yours is? And build date?
Sorry I did mean to include this, Build date was late October/early November '22
I have an Outer Banks Sasquatch 2.7 10 speed with the High package.
So when I was doing as @qiyuanhu813 was for the video (depressing the pedal multiple times to try to ID the source) I ended up getting a parking brake fault error the next time I started the car.
I turned it off and then back on.
And like most anything electronic, that fixed the error message hah.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Super annoying and happens all the day after April, when the weather gets better and temperature becomes warmer. Usually comes after 10mins drive when the water temperature is up.

Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s clicking noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP

qiyuanhu813

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s clicking noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Thanks for reaching out, will ping.

The vehicle is currently on the dealership’s work shop for inspecting the same noise concern, but the dealership told me this noise is a normal characteristic of the Bronco Raptor braking system, they have 3 other Bronco Raptors all have the same noise. Thus I want to ask here see if anyone else is experiencing the same or only me. IMO such clicking noise which annoys me every time I break can not be called normal and there should be some way to fix it properly.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi Vance. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Mcurtis137

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have this as well in my 2023 Braptor, just never got around to looking into it

Sponsored
OP
OP

qiyuanhu813

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have this as well in my 2023 Braptor, just never got around to looking into it
My dealer says it is normal after the vehicle sits on the lot for 2 weeks, but how can consistent noise be considered as normal!

Mcurtis137

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer says it is normal after the vehicle sits on the lot for 2 weeks, but how can consistent noise be considered as normal!
ya…I’m at 4100 miles and it’s still as prominent as ever. That said, assuming it’s not a mechanical issue then I’d consider it a minor annoyance. I only notice it when driving slowly with no radio/distractions

OP
OP

qiyuanhu813

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

ya…I’m at 4100 miles and it’s still as prominent as ever. That said, assuming it’s not a mechanical issue then I’d consider it a minor annoyance. I only notice it when driving slowly with no radio/distractions
Hope there is some explanation from Ford about it why it is normal but does not happen to all, I have another 2.7 Bronco (not Raptor) which does not have this annoying noise at all. Can’t believe this happens to a 2023 vehicle with sticker price $80k+

JJHTX

Black Diamond
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I’ve been having the same issue with my Bronco. I have recorded several videos of the click noise. Multiple dealership visits and they won’t budge. At first, dealer said they couldn’t replicate (lmao), then requested time with the tech and replicated it. The tech said click is not normal and maybe it’s the brake booster. They keep my vehicle again for a few days and call back and tell me not a problem at all these clicks are normal. I refuse to believe it and so I’m just going to pursue a different method of resolution. Truck feels cheap. Shame

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ignore the annoying Ford account here.

It is a bot system and won't help you with shit... I've suggested that to the Admin that this account should not be allowed here since I think the entire community has a belief and expectation that we are communicating with other people. Ford probably gets way too much data and pays for the bot access, so no go...

As to the braking - definitely concerning that some vehicles do and some don't but it is still "normal". Just doesn't sound right. Brakes are pretty well the most important safety system in a vehicle and are obviously used constantly. They should inspire confidence in performance, feel AND sound AND consistency. Another no bueno FMC...
Sponsored