Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still am having a hard time with the Cyber Orange trim as mandatory on the BL and the Area51 trim color on the WT no matter what exterior color you get... I've tried to accept it, slept on it and it between the BL and WT it is KILLING MEEEEEEE.....
This...I just can't do the yellow. ?? Going Black Diamond and hoping I'll be able to get the signature lights at least at some point.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I'm going with silver and say screw it all.
Silver has been #1 or #2 on my list...but I'm about to cross it off completely because the MIC is so lite, there's just not enough contrast.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- preproduction trucks
- top factory still being built
- we were told mic Carbonized grey tops would be the only color initially
- panic because tops are grey
- discuss it again, for 10 plus pages. Some of Y’all’s crack me up ?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So when building you have to trade in your soft opening to upgrade . On the light side that is $1000. Add to that their initial cost of $1900. In addition there will be oversized shipping due to not being absorbed by vehicle cost of $300-$500. Plus tax and any adjustments you are looking at $3500-$4000. That is unless you wait to order until ‘22.
How did late availability turn into 2022? I'm thinking more in terms of a couple of months after production begins. I'd rather wait a couple of months than have to deal all of the other B S to get it.

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(((I sit here thinking "Have ANY of these members even SEEN these tops with their own eyes?")))

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My shop told me $1,200 for the top. Not sure about the other parts ,can't be to much more ? Also they said they would make the top smooth if I wanted it that way.
Nice. Maybe do it all for $2k. Still cheaper then the top will be.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So what about having the mic top painted at a body shop? Any reason why that won't work?
They paint plastic car parts all the time, I'm sure a good body shop could come up with something.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The user who made post 339 in this thread hit the nail on the head.

More recent builds have DRASTICALLY DARKER BLACK trim than this early production overland concept. And again folks on here are overlooking that fact.

There will be changes to materials and colors before production. There will NOT be 8 different shades of gray on the production unit so unwad your panties and settle down.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-with-hood-decal-interior-pics.7590/page-23
I'm hoping this is true, and it makes sense. I am not an expert in plastic injection molding, but it could be as simple as just starting with raw plastic resin material that is a different color. The manufacturing process is the same, the molds are the same, just start with a different color and you get a different resulting color. If the tops have not already been manufactured (which they almost certainly have not) then it could be a very easy change to make.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did late availability turn into 2022? I'm thinking more in terms of a couple of months after production begins. I'd rather wait a couple of months than have to deal all of the other B S to get it.
I just see production delays. It is an outside supplier. They will be making them in the background for the next year to ramp up. They will then release them when they have a back stock. If they make to many they will have wasted money on the shelf so I presume there will be delays. They will also be wildtrak and fe first. Then they will be optional. That option will probably occur in ‘22 when the white and body color tops come out. Realize anything under outer banks probably won’t have the option. It is the same as packaging. That way they can influence your purchase with addons.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I want something similar, but with a black top it's late availability. And sure I'll do that, but then Ford isn't telling us what late availability means. That could be September 2021 for early reserves, and in that case its perfectly fine. But it could also be calendar year 2022

So I'm shopping other models, such as the grey top and grey grill badlands, and that's where other peoples comments start to fill me with doubt.

But you're right. Can't let negative comments get you down. Have to go with gut
I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather wait for what I want than settle for something I don't. I'd regret my choice until the day I trade it in. From what I've seen posted, Ford should at least allow the black top to be ordered and you would need to wait till it's available or change to something else.

Sponsored

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to get on board with that gray roof. It baffles the mind that Ford thought that was the way to go, especially coming out of the shoot as the only option. Black painted, white painted, or matching painted all wouldv'e been better ideas. (shaking head) - Who is making these decisions at Ford. Good lord. May cancel my reservation and wait to see how optionality unfolds in 2022 or 2023. (Cue the stupid comments of "good, cancel, I'll just move farther up in line.")

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just see production delays. It is an outside supplier. They will be making them in the background for the next year to ramp up. They will then release them when they have a back stock. If they make to many they will have wasted money on the shelf so I presume there will be delays. They will also be wildtrak and fe first. Then they will be optional. That option will probably occur in ‘22 when the white and body color tops come out. Realize anything under outer banks probably won’t have the option. It is the same as packaging. That way they can influence your purchase with addons.
Production issues is likely why they'll be late, so that's understandable. Once they get it right, I wouldn't think they'd want too much back stock. Webasto isn't making any money on stock sitting in their warehouse and it's possible they may be paying a fine to Ford for not meeting their contract. Also, the longer they take, the less potential sales. People that end up settling for another choice may end up deciding that choice isn't so bad after all and not worth spending more to get the good top.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So when building you have to trade in your soft opening to upgrade . On the light side that is $1000. Add to that their initial cost of $1900. In addition there will be oversized shipping due to not being absorbed by vehicle cost of $300-$500. Plus tax and any adjustments you are looking at $3500-$4000. That is unless you wait to order until ‘22.
The longer I’m combing the threads here the more I keep getting Jedi mind tricks “hmmm maybe I should wait til year 2”
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 1604014210916

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I keep seeing this picture and I can't possibly believe that the Ford people think that the difference between the door frame and the hard top is acceptable. Parts are still being approved from the suppliers and the whole point of the production run is to work out issues before full launch. I'm hoping that part of what comes out of this production run is work around uniformity of the grey on the vehicle.

I think at this point it'll be easier to paint that door piece gray then the whole top black/other color. I hope Ford realizes that this is wrong to have those bad of conflicting colors on a brand new vehicle...
Sponsored