First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve read a few posts regarding a shadow black hardtop as a possible accessory. Is that a future accessory? Haven’t seen any solid info on this
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve read a few posts regarding a shadow black hardtop as a possible accessory. Is that a future accessory? Haven’t seen any solid info on this
Late availability which we don’t know what that means yet

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They need a little “back to black” lol.

Even so I’d rather that problem. Much easier to paint those little guys or go aftermarket than the top
I thought about painting it myself. But the video shows a smooth top which simply looks amazing. The texture will ruin the high gloss black.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought about painting it myself. But the video shows a smooth top which simply looks amazing. The texture will ruin the high gloss black.
Yup. The smooth tops (modular) aren’t coming for awhile :(

It will have to be rhino liner/line-x/raptor liner

Sponsored

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess would be in the $3-4k range after the fact. That $1895 was for the original factory installed Shadow Black modular top (which is no longer available, aka "Late availability", aka MY22).
This makes me happy that I not only canceled my reservation with my local dealer and did the Granger deal for $2000 less but that I waited another week purposely to re reserve. Im 105xx.. something. Almost guaranteed im getting a '22. ? Im ordering A51 BD hard top and telling Granger:

1. If painted white top becomes an option, change my order asap.

2. If white doesnt, but painted black does, change my order asap.

?

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I'm sure you could sand all that texture off. Its just do you want to put all that work into it?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FWIW here's one with a gray pillar, keep in mind no one is getting those solid panels so I turned them back to a tinted window.
gray copy.jpg

...and of course the black everyone wants.
black.jpg
Great job.
You should send these to Mike Levine and show him how much better the black looks. Amazing what matching trim can do to make a “concept” look like a finished product.
Ford really screwed up this MIC Grey stuff.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I honestly think you guys are getting way too hung up on the word "Grey". It's for all intents and purposes, Black plastic. It's the same color of "black" plastic that's been around forever. I mean, I'm going off the photos too of course, but I think the "grey" plastic/MIC hardtop and fender flares etc are all that same black non painted color you see on everything.
We buy hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of plastic annually for our business. I assure you plastic can be made into any color they choose.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This makes me happy that I not only canceled my reservation with my local dealer and did the Granger deal for $2000 less but that I waited another week purposely to re reserve. Im 105xx.. something. Almost guaranteed im getting a '22. ? Im ordering A51 BD hard top and telling Granger:

1. If painted white top becomes an option, change my order asap.

2. If white doesnt, but painted black does, change my order asap.

?
I was late to the game reserving and I don’t hate it that I am only looking at ‘22s anyway... that black top looks so great.

But cactus grey with white top is perfect.

Ford set the world on fire with the reveals then said nah you can’t have that.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to remind y’all what we could have if Ford changes their mind

39F7E69D-8DA6-401A-A096-7875317D4BAF.jpeg
If these tops are not built yet....a darker gray or black, (one would think anyway), should be an easy "fix". I am guessing Ford has some reason behind all of this. ???

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If these tops are not built yet....a darker gray or black, (one would think anyway), should be an easy "fix". I am guessing Ford has some reason behind all of this. ???
From a poster who works at the company that makes the tops he said a color change could be made in days because the panels don’t have a long shelf life before they have to be formed. So there isn’t any stock pile of grey tops lying around anywhere.

Just need Ford to tell them to make it darker

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From a poster who works at the company that makes the tops he said a color change could be made in days because the panels don’t have a long shelf life before they have to be formed. So there isn’t any stock pile of grey tops lying around anywhere.

Just need Ford to tell them to make it darker
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 1604170959109

OR-----
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 1604171006048

Oops - i forgot the side mirrors in grey

What do you prefer or like better?

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here is my guess: Ford clearly wants to use the hardtop to differentiate high trim models and drive a premium upgrade where not standard. Late availability might force their hand on this one point of differentiation, color.

1. Material. Hard shell (whatever that is) versus plastic.
2. Windows. Removable too.
3. Color. Painted black versus molded gray. AT RISK
4. Shiny coat versus matte
5. Dual for another step up. I’m not sure if the standard mod top can have the soft front added (?).

I think this might force them to lose most of the color difference, but I wouldn’t put money on that. Remember though, production could be darker gray than what has been shown.
Sponsored