William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ok, so to get a black colored MIC top I have to drive it at night or park in the shade and to get the AMB to actually be blue I have to drive it during the day and park it in full sun. I think I'm going with silver and say screw it all.

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guessing your right as they said they had to figure in packaging and shipping and storage into the price. Anyone have a solid guess what a paint shop would charge to paint the top, the grill, fender flares, side view mirror covers, and potentially the handle's in a Shadow Black like color with a clear coat? My guess is its cheaper then buying the Shadow Black one later on.
My shop told me $1,200 for the top. Not sure about the other parts ,can't be to much more ? Also they said they would make the top smooth if I wanted it that way.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The user who made post 339 in this thread hit the nail on the head.

More recent builds have DRASTICALLY DARKER BLACK trim than this early production overland concept. And again folks on here are overlooking that fact.

There will be changes to materials and colors before production. There will NOT be 8 different shades of gray on the production unit so unwad your panties and settle down.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-with-hood-decal-interior-pics.7590/page-23
User @damarble has valuable feedback/input from when he saw the Overland concept in Seattle.

He also posted that feeback multiple times before. It was spot on and accurate.

And it seems all of you have not read that or paid attention when others spoke about the Overland concept vehicle's roof when it was viewed in person. I can only call you all out each time these bold proclamations are made about a pre-production unit.
Quoting before this info gets ignored and buried. Again.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top in the shade and in full sun. The pics look good and helped to calm my anxiousness.

Yea it's dark gray, but at least it appears all the plastics match in dark grayness.

Ford Bronco MIC top dark gray sun vs shade 1.jpg
Ford Bronco MIC top dark gray sun vs shade 2.jpg
Ford Bronco MIC top dark gray sun vs shade 3.jpg
That texture looks like it will be a dirt magnet.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it looks fine ?‍♂. Definitely not worth spending $1k+ more on the painted top.
Spot on. Nobody is forcing people to buy the vehicle but the complaining runs rampant ;)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is the roof as photographed on a dreary overcast Seattle day. It was quite bright and presented this way in person and on camera.

20201023_115734.jpg
I'd rather have these seats on Outer Banks, even if they're not leather than the color combinations currently offered.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will respectfully disagree and wait until the painted top is available. I'm not a huge fan of the black MIC tops on Jeeps. Even less a fan of the gray used on the Bronco.
BTW, he has a black color matched top on his Wrangler.:D

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top in the shade and in full sun. The pics look good and helped to calm my anxiousness.

Yea it's dark gray, but at least it appears all the plastics match in dark grayness.
Call it what you will. The CG MIC top is like a chameleon, IMHO. Plenty of contrast with AMB which works well for my taste.

0314A4D8-3D18-42F3-A1CE-71696AAA8133.jpeg

Sponsored

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unsurprisingly, BroncoNation is putting out some very misleading images of the "dark gray" MIC top. From the other image someone else posted on the forum, it's very gray/silver. I haven't actually seen it in person, but I'm willing to bet it is as bad as we think it is. Shame on BN.
I was going to settle with the MIC, but damn it's just too gray for me.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I need to avoid this board
Everytime I think I settle on what I want (after agonizing over it more than I should care to admit), I come here, see photos, and COMMENTS, and question my selection. Its a 55-62k purchase so I want to absolutely LOVE this you know?

I never thought choosing between the following three would be so difficult
1) a51 badlands with grey top in june/July (I'm an early reservation)
2) a51 wildtrak with black top for late 2021 (whatever that means)
3) all black wildtrak for late 2021 (but then the blue stiching, tan/black interior doesn't match the black exterior. So that gives me pause)
If you let others decide what you want, they'll tell you every build combination possible. I've known what I want from day one, Outer Banks ,black with black modular top and all black interior. That isn't very popular here, but that's my build, not what someone else likes.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heres my tundra grill it was chrome done in black and the pillar trim i put the wrap on it.
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 20201029_150438
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 20201029_150418

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you let others decide what you want, they'll tell you every build combination possible. I've known what I want from day one, Outer Banks ,black with black modular top and all black interior. That isn't very popular here, but that's my build, not what someone else likes.
Well I want something similar, but with a black top it's late availability. And sure I'll do that, but then Ford isn't telling us what late availability means. That could be September 2021 for early reserves, and in that case its perfectly fine. But it could also be calendar year 2022

So I'm shopping other models, such as the grey top and grey grill badlands, and that's where other peoples comments start to fill me with doubt.

But you're right. Can't let negative comments get you down. Have to go with gut
Sponsored