Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I need to avoid this board
Everytime I think I settle on what I want (after agonizing over it more than I should care to admit), I come here, see photos, and COMMENTS, and question my selection. Its a 55-62k purchase so I want to absolutely LOVE this you know?
100%
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping the grey looking top is a result of the texture. I've noticed this working with powder coated products with differing textures (matte black, black fine texture, gloss black, etc). If you have two black parts, and the texture is different between them, one may look more black than the other. The textured black part generally looks more grey. Fingers crossed!
i'm color blind. it doesnt look bad to me on the darker colors, contrasts... but on the lighter colors it looks like it's washed out

how would it look on the carbonized grey vehicle
Texture smexture. Even a guy who is color blind can tell it appears faded. End result is all that matters.

The mismatch color between the top and the darker trim gives it an abstract art vibe. Very cool. Thank you Ford, this is what we all wished for. ?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Early on alot of the old-timers (a term of endearment) on the forum said "dont worry" these are preproduction Broncos.
Looks like another word for "preproduction" is MY21

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did anyone think that the black on the door frame might be a sticker remove it and eliminate the contrast might be body color underneath,it was on my tundra.

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wondee if we can place roof racks on soft top. FEELS like a dumb question but I'm unsure actually
I have a Wrangler JLU soft top. No rack options on a soft top, so I went with a company called Exposed Racks. The crossbar system fits BELOW the soft top. I can only use the rack with the top down, but they pretty much rock! I carry a 12' kayak and 11' paddleboard on it. It has a "snap-in" accessory system that allows me to fit a kayak-specific mount.

But—I had to wait a full year before it was available for my JL, even though they were available on JKs for a long time. There will be those type of options in spades—but it took about a year for a lot of things to pop up for the JL.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The user who made post 339 in this thread hit the nail on the head.

More recent builds have DRASTICALLY DARKER BLACK trim than this early production overland concept. And again folks on here are overlooking that fact.

There will be changes to materials and colors before production. There will NOT be 8 different shades of gray on the production unit so unwad your panties and settle down.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-with-hood-decal-interior-pics.7590/page-23

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Texture smexture. Even a guy who is color blind can tell it appears faded. End result is all that matters.

The mismatch color between the top and the darker trim gives it an abstract art vibe. Very cool. Thank you Ford, this is what we all wished for. ?
It reminds me of the Ranger Sport, with its magnetic grey flares, bumper, grille, etc. We just want a Ranger XL with black flares, bumper, and grille.

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade bronco-grey-to

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade bronco-black-to

Gator211

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what about having the mic top painted at a body shop? Any reason why that won't work?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So what about having the mic top painted at a body shop? Any reason why that won't work?
Nope they can make paint stick to just about anything ,i should say no it wont so everyone will cancel their reserve but im ok waiting for mine.

Sponsored

RockSolid2021

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We do know that no matter what, the grills are the grills. So the badlands keeps its grey grill even if you wait for the black painted top. Same for door handles and fender flares for that matter.

Its the reason why the wild trak has a penchant for black accents all throughout, because it came standard with the black painted hard top
Thank you for the response and clarification. Ughhh... not what I wanted to hear. This shouldn't be so difficult. I think this decides it for me. Unless ford makes that change to color coordinate all the trim/plastic, I'm sad to say I'm out. I can't justify 60+ K for a vehicle I don't LOVE. I've been trying to figure out a solution between the BL and the FE and can't get a color combo that works for me. I'm leaning toward the carbonized gray and the FE isn't offered in that color and the BL has the gray plastic which I personally can't stand.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really dislike the grey. Such a weird unnecessary decision. It should be black. And all of the black trim should actually match. That Being said, I’ve asked before and generally was told yes with no details, but can a MIC top be painted black aftermarket? Will a painted MIC top hold up in terms of color?
I will just tell you from working in autobody that painting textures is a major PITA. The paint will probably not hold up well over time on the textured surface as it will bubble and crack without proper adhesion (you need sanding scratches for primer and paint to adhere to properly). You would pretty much have to sand any texture off to a smooth uniform surface before you could prime, wet-sand, and paint it. You may be better off doing an outer layer Line-X in the color of your choosing, but you are going to add a ton of weight to the vehicle.

Last edited:

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is an ever more “close up“ pic than what the OP posted. The thing is that yes, it is dark gray in color but it also has a bit of a shine/reflection quality to it and that is what makes it appear lighter.

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 5E941413-E66C-4FC5-AA3C-85F95BA2ED54

Last edited:

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW here's one with a gray pillar, keep in mind no one is getting those solid panels so I turned them back to a tinted window.
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade gray copy

...and of course the black everyone wants.
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade black

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
No way is this top in the pic the same as the rest. If this were the top everyone was getting there would be 75% less complaints.
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade BE7E53BA-B3A3-4937-8457-6EFF23D6CFC8
Sponsored