Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the first time I've seen this picture. The Bronco looks so tiny here... F-150s aren't THAT big to begin with and the Bronco looks like a side x side.

Oh and to stay relevant to the thread, I don't mind the MIC top. Of course I wish it was black as it would look way better and more uniform. The gray works until I can get the modular or a black MIC in a year or 2.
That's a 2 door Bronco vs a 4 door f150 though
Sponsored

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess would be in the $3-4k range after the fact. That $1895 was for the original factory installed Shadow Black modular top (which is no longer available, aka "Late availability", aka MY22).
Already going for late availability with my ManSquatch, so I'm happy to wait for a painted black top. The MIC gray is unacceptable given how it doesn't match any of the other body plastics.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So Iā€™ve been reading up on the hard tops and have a question. There have been comments that a panel Can be added behind the rear seats with a cover to act as a trunk. Is this an accessory that will be available eventually?

I havenā€™t seen much discussion. This option with a Bimini canvas top seems like a great summer option. I know, itā€™s been discussed somewhere, but I read pages and pages today and didnā€™t find anything conclusive.
The only ā€officialā€ information i can recall is from the Badlands Overlander concept build walk around video and press release because that concept includes the cargo management system. not sure if it was mentioned as an official Ford accessory though.

Wayman

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it looks fine ?ā€ā™‚. Definitely not worth spending $1k+ more on the painted top.
Is that even an option?? Iā€™d pay it

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

Can we confirm if the fender flares are MIC as well?
There are parts on the bronco that are ā€œMIC Blackā€ vs the top that is ā€œMIC Grayā€. Youā€™ll see MIC Black appear in the product literature for various parts. So odd but just pointing out ā€œMICā€ doesnā€™t mean one specific color.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The good news is some of you guys will get your Broncos early because some of us are waiting. The good news for us, they may announce the Warthog before we get ours and we just get it. :D

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just feel like it's so disingenuous at this point to spring this on us. Everyone was already having the which color, what trim, which options, how much $$$ and now just as we are trying to workout the price look and feel of this truck they muck it up even more. AND we haven't even had an in person look at it to have a better feel for what we are getting and how it will look and now everyone is scrambling over tops and big feets without roof-rails??? THANKS FORDS.. !!! (it keep popping in my head, "They are who we thought they were")

tenor.gif

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first time I've seen this picture. The Bronco looks so tiny here... F-150s aren't THAT big to begin with and the Bronco looks like a side x side.
F150s aren't that big? Are you wanting to compare to, a semi? Have you tried to park a super crew? They are not small vehicles at all. That is a 2 door bronco next to a super crew with a 5' bed. Of course it looks a lot smaller.

Sponsored
OP
OP
eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade tenor

Sure about that? ?
I get what everyone is saying about the different color between the hard top and the door. I am thinking it will not be that dramatic in actual light (not under factory lighting). Plus those are most likely different materials being used (hardtop vs door trim) and are IMO reflecting the light differently.
If you compare the "shine" from the hardtop to the fender arches, that's basically the same. The colors / amount of "shine" seem similar to me and thus match. I bet it's going to be like the unpainted Jeep hardtops. My wife has a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU with unpainted hardtop and it looks good.
It would be ludicrous of Ford to release the Bronco with something that was that light of a grey.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am going to put this question here too, to see if I get anymore opinions:
Question for people who have had a Bronco, FJ or other vehicle with a white roof: any drawbacks we should factor into the wait for white / accept MIC gray debate?

Are you wanting a white top, MIC gray or black modular or body color?

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am going to put this question here too, to see if I get anymore opinions:
I looking at waiting for the painted black top......but the wheel flares and door handles MUST be black as well....not grey.

Ford needs to offer matching wheel flares and door handles with the painted hardtop option.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll wait till the end of 2021 for my FE in a Painted Black top......sorry Ford but not going for this MIC top on a FE. Thats kinda a kick to the nuts for a FE buyer! :mad:
Sponsored