SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly think you guys are getting way too hung up on the word "Grey". It's for all intents and purposes, Black plastic. It's the same color of "black" plastic that's been around forever. I mean, I'm going off the photos too of course, but I think the "grey" plastic/MIC hardtop and fender flares etc are all that same black non painted color you see on everything.
No it's not. Ford is intentionally making it Carbonized Gray, not black like the flares.
Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Super duty and full size are definitions, though. An F150 is a half-ton truck. It is not a mid size truck, but I think it drives better than the competition. That may account for your feeling that it seems less bulky.
Outside of the mid-size/full-size definition or maybe inside it, idk lol, I group F-150s with Tacoma, Tundra, and whatever else is like that. Then you have 3/4 ton diesels (Cummins, Duramax, Powerstroke), 2500s, f250s, real trucks ?. Idk what it is about the f150 but it just looks smaller to me. I mean, I guess by definition, it being a 1/2 ton, it is smaller. So yes, I stand by my original statement that the Bronco looks tiny next to that medium sized f150. This be my opinion and that's all.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Outside of the mid-size/full-size definition or maybe inside it, idk lol, I group F-150s with Tacoma, Tundra, and whatever else is like that. Then you have 3/4 ton diesels (Cummins, Duramax, Powerstroke), 2500s, f250s, real trucks ?. Idk what it is about the f150 but it just looks smaller to me. I mean, I guess by definition, it being a 1/2 ton, it is smaller. So yes, I stand by my original statement that the Bronco looks tiny next to that medium sized f150. This be my opinion and that's all.
The half ton refers to payload, not size. The F250s are a few inches higher and longer than the F150s, I believe.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No it's not. Ford is intentionally making it Carbonized Gray, not black like the flares.
What is the purpose of the color grey knowing a large customer base is unhappy with it. Just makes no sense! And should not be difficult to make it black like the rest of the plastics.

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The half ton refers to payload, not size. The F250s are a few inches higher and longer than the F150s, I believe.
Oh ha that shows how much I know about that size definition stuff. I'm just sezin that the f150 is visually smaller to me and thus the bronco is even smaller than some might think especially after seeing that pic. I'd like to see it next to a big truck but I believe there are other threads for that.

That mic top tho...

Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just to remind y’all what we could have if Ford changes their mind
I predict the ONLY body color we'll see in Ford releases going forward is Area 51,,,for sure they'll never show Cyber with the grey abomination on top

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just saw this video on youtube. It shows the most closeup real view of the black painted top on a badlands. Looks awesome ! Make me want to barf when I look at the MIC after seeing this one. Also, the 33's on that black bronco looks amazing. I dont think we need sasquatch and 35's.

Sponsored