Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bottom line first: Will vinyl seats be too hot in summer and too cold in winter?

My build specs are within a few hundred dollars of each other. It comes down to cloth vs. vinyl seats.

With no A/C seat option and living in Tennessee, summers are hot and winters can get chilly but not extreme.

Iā€™ll skip the heated seats because theyā€™re not a la cart.

Cloth isnā€™t too cold in winter vs. leather. Curious about the vinyl. If itā€™s like leather, it can get chilly w/o heat.

Hope this makes sense. Thoughts? Not posting a poll.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not posting a poll.
What! No poll? Outrageous! ?

Iā€™m in the same boat. Cloth is king, but unsure about t-shirt gray and black together. Vinyl is interesting, but not if Iā€™m going to boil at every stoplight and burn my legs every time I get in.

MIG1963

Badlands
First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bottom line first: Will vinyl seats be too hot in summer and too cold in winter?

My build specs are within a few hundred dollars of each other. It comes down to cloth vs. vinyl seats.

With no A/C seat option and living in Tennessee, summers are hot and winters can get chilly but not extreme.

Iā€™ll skip the heated seats because theyā€™re not a la cart.

Cloth isnā€™t too cold in winter vs. leather. Curious about the vinyl. If itā€™s like leather, it can get chilly w/o heat.

Hope this makes sense. Thoughts? Not posting a poll.
For my wife and I (also in TN), we expect the interior to constantly get wet. The car will probably be left outside all summer with the Bikini Top. We are very happy to have the rubber floors and Marine seats. The Bikini top will also keep it cooler until we are ready to drive.

OP
OP
coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I plan on cancelling my day 1 reservation and to get the Granger MYā€˜22 deal so hopefully Iā€™ll have a chance to see both or get feedback here.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stop... take a step back and think about what you just said. Of all the F'd up things about what Ford is doing to these Trims and Options we can't get... if the only thing that is your issue is seats...is that really an issue?

There are plenty of options to cover up Vinyl seats. Hell I saw a Jeep the other day where it looked like they made these beach towel looking things that had a hole in them to fit over the head rest. So for those really HOT months... I'm sure you can figure out something. For the cold months? Well you are wearing something warm right? and you can auto start the Bronco and turn the heater on (because doubtful you would have no top if it is that cold)

Simply put... if you are one of the lucky ones who is happy about your choices and your seat is your only issue.... that is just a no-brainer :)

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the firsthand feedback people have given on the MGV and really like the way it looks. I may look at getting cloth wraps aftermarket if needed but will wait to see how they are first.

MGV is not a concern for me and I live in a climate with snow in winters and triple digits in the summer.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did we ever confirm if badlands vinyl has heated seats with mid package and up?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
confirm? Mid package gives you heated seats.

am I missing something?
B&P shows no heated vinyl. Could be a glitch. But could be that vinyl seats donā€™t have power because of the electrical and wash out feature. So maybe vinyl deletes out heated seats even if you have mid pack and higher

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did we ever confirm if badlands vinyl has heated seats with mid package and up?
It does not according to the B&P (which makes sense as you wouldn't want electronics like that in a washout interior).
B&P shows no heated vinyl. Could be a glitch. But could be that vinyl seats donā€™t have power because of the electrical and wash out feature. So maybe vinyl deletes out heated seats even if you have mid pack and higher
They need to add a footnote in B&P clearing this up because as you said, it shows "Front Row Heated Seats" are included with the mid package.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Weā€™ve also seen the badlands overland with vinyl seats and heated seat controls in the console. So who knows. But that could be pre production nonsense.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yep, I am am on uneven ground and in and out of ditches all day (walking) for my construction based job. Having heated seats for those mornings where the back is stiff from a crummy hotel bed is a non-negotiable item for me. I have already had 999 out of the thousand cuts (of the proverbial death) with the concessions I have made for the baffling choices Ford has made, if the MGV turns out to not have heated seats then that is it for me (how hard to run power from console to in-seat heater and make wiring and heaters water resistant? Is the MGV not water resistant enough at the seams or something?) I am already locked into the BL due to wanting a few creature comforts and a manual. (plus the interior 'option' is the least vomit inducing)

edit; I will still keep my October Granger reservation to see what, if anything, is cleared up by ordering time, so we shall see what plays out. My Merc and Subaru both have been heavily rained in through open top or sunroof, leather in both, and never had a lick of trouble with the seat heaters, how many hundreds of thousands of motorcycles and snowmobiles have heated seats and grips and no friggin' roof at all?

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Shit FIRE! NO heated seats then badlands is out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stop... take a step back and think about what you just said. Of all the F'd up things about what Ford is doing to these Trims and Options we can't get... if the only thing that is your issue is seats...is that really an issue?

There are plenty of options to cover up Vinyl seats. Hell I saw a Jeep the other day where it looked like they made these beach towel looking things that had a hole in them to fit over the head rest. So for those really HOT months... I'm sure you can figure out something. For the cold months? Well you are wearing something warm right? and you can auto start the Bronco and turn the heater on (because doubtful you would have no top if it is that cold)

Simply put... if you are one of the lucky ones who is happy about your choices and your seat is your only issue.... that is just a no-brainer :)
[/QUOTE
I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get heated seats with the MGV when selecting the mid package or higher. The reason the seat description for the leather seats clearly states heated is because you need at least the mid package when buying leather. The MGV seat description doesn't state heated as they are the default seat and can be had with the standard package that doesn't include heated seats. That make sense?
Sponsored