Cloth interior and drain plugs?

Milamdj

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Do the models without the washout flooring still have drain plugs?
Can anyone speculate at the water resistance or durability of the cloth seats? I had a 2013 JK Wrangler back in the day and it had cloth seats. I got caught out in torrential downpours a couple of times with my tops off and soaked was an understatement. The seats always dried pretty quickly and never mildewed or smelled bad. I guess I am wondering how bad I need the vinyl seats and washout flooring. Easy to clean and wipe off is one thing, but I just want something that dries quickly and won't mildew if it gets wet. Does cloth fit this bill?

Advertisement

BBSanctuary

Big Bend
First Name
BB
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Deposit on Bronco!
Clubs

I'm sure it'll be similar. My question is, can you still access drain plugs under the carpet?

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Clubs

There are passive drains under the carpet. The washout has the passive and the removable plugs.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
I think what they're asking is: Can a determined individual make their own Black Diamond style flooring. I'd consider that so long as it didn't make the interior noticeably louder.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

I believe so. There was a video at one of the events where the rep said drains plugs were still located under the carpet.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Jeep owner have been doing it for a long time. There are plenty of shops around that can do it for you. They will remove interior and spray a liner over the floor. Then everything goes back in except the carpet.
1607656968585.png

Advertisement

Advertisement