First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor gen 2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So considering a bronco or bronco sport. I’ve always had leather seats. I‘m considering cloth to keep the cost down. But if my kids are going to be driving it from sports practice and are sweaty or eating in it is that a mistake. Or are modern day cloth seats not absorbent to smells and easy to clean stains off of?
Sponsored

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have cloth seats in my 2017 f 150 but they haven’t seen the light of day. I simply put a set of heavy duty camo seat covers on when I got the truck. I have 70 k miles on it and there is only one worn spot on the drivers seat where my fat butt slides in. You can even wash the covers(which I’ve never done) so cloth seats are not an issue to me at all. You can bet that I’ll do the same on my BB whenever it shows up. I also got a full canvas removable cover for the back seat for when my Brittanies go hunting with me. No mess,mud,or problems at all.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My cloth seats in my 2020 Ranger with a 7 year old and a couple seasons of fishing and wet waders still look new after a quick vacuum and wipe down!

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used to professionally detail vehicles and it’s not difficult to clean and remove stains from cloth seats all on your own with simple cleaning supplies. With that said, I would still probably opt for good seat covers in your case if all the seats will be used quite a bit. All vehicles are susceptible to smells and even leather seats with tiny holes in them get things stuck in them. There are pros and cons to leather or cloth

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used to professionally detail vehicles and it’s not difficult to clean and remove stains from cloth seats all on your own with simple cleaning supplies. With that said, I would still probably opt for good seat covers in your case if all the seats will be used quite a bit. All vehicles are susceptible to smells and even leather seats with tiny holes in them get things stuck in them. There are pros and cons to leather or cloth
This is completely off topic but this reminded me of what eldest son said... in the front seats of my Expedition they are heated leather seats. This past winter I looked over at him and he had the goofiest look on his face. He was farting into the seats but he said it was ok because he had the heated seats on and it would burn it all off... he’s 11. And either he is a genius or he takes after my ex-wife. 🤷

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My FJ Cruiser had cloth seats. They held up fantastic to 5 years of hard use. Today's cloth/fabric is very different than years past.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good old "Scotchgard" is your friend.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The cloth seats in my old JK are just now starting to show their age/wear. But it is 14 years old and knocking on 210k miles. I’m going to give them a good wash and stuff next week. I’m curious how they turn out.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MGV.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had charcoal leather in my 2001 Mustang. HATED it. Burnt my ass and legs every summer.

Had black cloth in my 2008 Mustang. Loved it, but definitely wore quicker than leather.

Had medium gray/stone leather in my 2006 Mustang. A lot cooler than the charcoal, only a few burns. Leather held up great but separated at the seams.
Sponsored