Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If it happens again, I’ll take it in. My local dealership hasn’t even gotten a Bronco yet, so I anticipate there will be people crawling all over it and it may get some unnecessary “test drives.” 🙁
Yeah - my first thought was pressure plate or throw-out bearing related. You wouldn’t thinking it’s in the linkage but could be. What would be electronic in that process?

The one I drove was a very light pedal with a release point really close to the floor. It’s going to take some getting used to.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence:

1. Close the window.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
  3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
  4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
  5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch
thanks Zuckerberg!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if it was some of the 4WD driveline components rolling over? Just a guess.

I have experienced juttering from a manual from this.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooooo, yeah, air bubbles moving through could maybe do that
Came here to say the same thing. Sounds like the system may need to be bled.

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Came here to say the same thing. Sounds like the system may need to be bled.
Yeah, until he said that I was so confused, the only thing I've ever felt through the pedal was a bad throwout bearing, but that was just a very light pulsing that you could only feel in thin shoes... until that throwout bearing LITERALLY EXPLODED... then you felt nothing except pedal on floor

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh, that sucks. I remember being the guinea pig on a first year "New Probe GT" in 1993. Mine was the first any dealer touched and they broke more than they fixed most of the time.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it happens again, I’ll take it in. My local dealership hasn’t even gotten a Bronco yet, so I anticipate there will be people crawling all over it and it may get some unnecessary “test drives.” 🙁
To ease your mind a bit....

A friend of mine is a Ford mechanic. They see new vehicles every day. Some fancier and cooler than the Bronco. To most people at the dealership it's just another vehicle. They won't be clamoring to drive it. Mechanics lose money while they are out driving around.

When his dealerships first Bronco showed up he said he spent a couple minutes looking at it and then moved on with his day.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, until he said that I was so confused, the only thing I've ever felt through the pedal was a bad throwout bearing, but that was just a very light pulsing that you could only feel in thin shoes... until that throwout bearing LITERALLY EXPLODED... then you felt nothing except pedal on floor
Had it happen on one vehicle when I didnt get the clutch line bled all the way. Would feel a pulsing or soft spots in the clutch pedal.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Had it happen on one vehicle when I didnt get the clutch line bled all the way. Would feel a pulsing or soft spots in the clutch pedal.
I hate hydraulic throw-out bearings, have one on my 17. Another way is to press the clutch pedal about 200 times.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate hydraulic throw-out bearings, have one on my 17. Another way is to press the clutch pedal about 200 times.
Yep. Only way to bleed unless you have a vacuum pump.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I am 620 miles into Bronco ownership and have had three issues so far with the latest being potentially the most troubling. The first issue occurred immediately. The airbag light came on day 1 and I’ve had a driver’s side airbag circuit fault ever since. I was going to hold off taking it in for work until the break-in period is over because I don’t trust the dealership to respect the “take it easy” mandate in the manual. The second issue was a minor one. The driver window will not go all the way up on one touch. It stops halfway up every time. Also not urgent. Then last night I was cruising home and I slowed to make a turn and pushed the clutch in. It immediately started doing this weird “juttering” kind of thing. I could feel the jutter coming through the clutch pedal and I could hear whatever it was. It did not feel or sound good. I was still able to shift. It did this for the next three shifts and then went back top normal. I’ve not driven it since, but I figure if it happens again, I will have to suck it up and go to the dealer. I really wanted to get the break-in period accomplished before putting it in the hands of dealership mechanics. So, about the issue itself, does anyone know if the clutch has any kind of electromechanical assist to make the pedal easier? If so, it could have been the solenoid or motor binding or hangin up. That’s really all I can think of that would have felt like that. It certainly wasn’t a hydraulics issue (if the clutch is hydraulic). Thoughts? Again, I expected issues on an early build, so I’m not freaking out or anything and after two weeks of driving the 2.3 with the 7-speed, I wouldn’t take the 2.7 and 10 speed even as a free upgrade. The manual is so much fun. @Ford Motor Company any ideas what this could be?
if there is a safety concern, and an airbag light is a safety concern, bring it directly to the dealer!!!!!! what the clutch sounds like is there may be some air is the clutch hydraulic system. check the reservoir for fluid level and bring it back to the dealer... if a warning light illuminates, it is not a continue to drive for another 1000 miles until it is broken in or just plain broken... bring it in to the dealer. all of these vehicles are under warranty, until we begin to alter them... bring it to the dealer...

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. It felt like pushing it over a washboard. Like a small motor was pushing back against it. Never felt that in a clutch.
This makes it sound like the issue is the pedal rubbing against the return spring. Maybe the spring isn't seated properly. It very well could be air in the hydraulic system.

Edit, after watching your video, it is something different. Have the dealership take a look at it.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you notice any liquid on the ground from the vehicle (under clutch general area) after leaving it sit? Sometimes contamination of the clutch can cause an uneven bite and judder. Shouldn't be the case on a new vehicle, but just throwing it out there. Also the clutch needs to bed-in, although that would not explain such a severe judder only on three shifts.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO not sure if air in the system is the answer...air doesn't go away and the clutch would be noticeably soft.
Sponsored