Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never heard of a misaligned clutch.
I was thinking maybe the clutch fork wasn’t aligned or seated properly causing the bearing to be misaligned. I don’t know how this clutch is designed at all, but I had a clutch fork break once and that was as close as I’ve seen to this.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If its TB related like I said its going to cause the clutch disk to get trashed which will cause clutch chatter. Its almost mandatory to change the disk, but either way this is all a warranty issue and needs to be addressed.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, here is a short video where you can hear the jutter. I really don’t think it’s just air in the system. I’ve had plenty of experience with that and that would go away once you let off the clutch. After experiencing it again, it gets worse when you depress the clutch, but is there even when you disengage. Seems like a mechanical issue. TB failing or misalignment maybe.
Doesn't sound good at all. Something is no longer flat in the rotating mass of the clutch assembly.

Take it to service before you have a catastrophic failure. Tow truck is probably good idea

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, Fo
Doesn't sound good at all. Something is no longer flat in the rotating mass of the clutch assembly.

Take it to service before you have a catastrophic failure. Tow truck is probably good idea
Yeah, Ford is footing the bill for the tow, so i am just going to have it towed over there. Hopefully it will be a flat bed with a good operator. Service folks were very nice when I talked to them. Fingers crossed it’s not in there for a long time😭

PS, I hope this doesn’t discourage anyone from the manual. I can’t stress how much I’ve enjoyed the 600 miles I managed to get before it crapped out! The transmission is pretty awesome.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, here is a short video where you can hear the jutter.
Are you sure you don't have a helicopter following you and your bronco everywhere? :unsure:

I mean they do gather quite the crowd.

But seriously, this makes me sad. Hopefully they can diagnose and fix quickly.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

throughout bearing would be my guess

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, here is a short video where you can hear the jutter. I really don’t think it’s just air in the system. I’ve had plenty of experience with that and that would go away once you let off the clutch. After experiencing it again, it gets worse when you depress the clutch, but is there even when you disengage. Seems like a mechanical issue. TB failing or misalignment maybe.
That's note even close to what I had in my head and I agree it's not air. TO bearing makes sense as the input shaft is flopping around. Curious to see what it is since I'm getting a manual.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:
That's note even close to what I had in my head and I agree it's not air. TO bearing makes sense as the input shaft is flopping around. Curious to see what it is since I'm getting a manual.
No word from Ford yet. I'll post as soon as I hear something.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard that flutter before. Throw out bearing sounds to be the culprit. Great video and example to help with diagnosis. It's a relatively inexpensive part that just cost Ford a good bit of money in warranty work. If you keep driving it, it will eventually leave you stranded. I'd have it towed in on Ford's dime and hopefully that will get you serviced sooner than waiting on an appointment.

Edit: Missed that you were already having Ford take it in. Good luck and hopefully they get you back on the road quickly.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, my Bronco hasn’t moved from the spot where we dropped it. It’s sitting out in front of the dealership as I expected. Must be a ton of Fords breaking these days🤨

Sponsored

SonOfOdin

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence:

1. Close the window.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
  3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
  4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
  5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch
Just tried this and it worked…thx

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, my Bronco hasn’t moved from the spot where we dropped it. It’s sitting out in front of the dealership as I expected. Must be a ton of Fords breaking these days🤨
Any word yet??

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Textbook throwout bearing.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, Ford and every other dealership dont use mechanics anymore. They have ZERO problem solving skills... You'll be lucky if you get an old-school, 30 year veteran to fix your truck who knows what he's doing.
These days, they follow a yes/no questionnaire on a computer and just throw replacement parts at the problem.
Good luck.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The fact that the sound starts as soon as you put any pressure on the clutch tells me throw-out bearing. If it started halfway through the travel, then I'd start looking in to other issues (input shaft bearing, clutch disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, etc).
Sponsored