First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife got home and called me out to garage to tell me the clutch pedal was stuck in about half way. when i walked out, i smelled the clutch was burnt a little. looked into the cab and saw pedal as described. i reached down and pressed down with my hand a couple times and it seamed to release (pop free). once freed, i could not get it to hang up and it operated as it should. ive abused my share or clutches in my time and ive never had a peddle get stuck. we are a manual driving family and my wife knows how to drive. going into the garage from the driveway gets alot of friction from the hill assist. maybe that can be turned off?
Sponsored

OP
OP
noliveaxle

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 year old last week, 9.5k miles.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wife got home and called me out to garage to tell me the clutch pedal was stuck in about half way. when i walked out, i smelled the clutch was burnt a little. looked into the cab and saw pedal as described. i reached down and pressed down with my hand a couple times and it seamed to release (pop free). once freed, i could not get it to hang up and it operated as it should. ive abused my share or clutches in my time and ive never had a peddle get stuck. we are a manual driving family and my wife knows how to drive. going into the garage from the driveway gets alot of friction from the hill assist. maybe that can be turned off?
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this pedal concern for you? Thank you!

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let us know what the outcome is. And be honest if someone in the house burnt out the clutch. My drive way is inclined so those auto features are going to be used every day

Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the pedal was stuck halfway down the problem could be in the clutch master cylinder or in the slave cylinder. More than likely the throwout bearing got stuck halfway between the top and bottom of the quill. This would account for the clutch burning smell. This problem happens usually because of a lack of lube between the TO Bearing and the quill. The bearing may continue to get stuck at this point but it may only happen rarely again or it can happen daily. The only thing to do now is an inspection. This requires the removal of the transmission. If this were my vehicle I would want a clutch inspection as well which they would probably do anyway. If the clutch was slipping for any length of time there will be hot spots on the pressure plate and flywheel. Check your master cylinder fluid level and take the vehicle in for an inspection.

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone get this solved? Happened to my wife twice now in a month