John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks to Braden at Rockdale Ford. We were driving to Georgetown when I saw this Bronco at their dealership. I broke rubber turning into the lot. It was a Badlands (mannequin) 2.3 auto with Mid package and no navigation. I wasn’t going to leave without at least asking (to drive it), and Braden let us take it for a test drive. The ride on the highway was fine…probably not much worse than my 2016 Explorer with 100k miles that needs new shocks. It was apparently a boring sales afternoon, and Braden gave me directions to a local dirt and gravel country road. I started driving down the gravel road with the rear end was fishtailing. I pulled over and took a second to find Baja mode. It was amazing and a complete joy driving down a Texas dirt and gravel road at 70mph in Baja mode. I will say, I had previously be torn about the 2.3 vs 2.7 auto debate and also about CO vs Race Red. I’m definitely getting the 2.3 auto Cyber Orange. It’s beautiful in the sun and it definitely had power to spare.
On the way back, I spotted the Cat equipment and figured it would make an fun picture with all the yellow. My girlfriend admitted that she previously wasn’t excited at all, even after seeing them at the Houston auto show, but is definitely excited about future beach trips, etc now.

1D252623-8957-49EF-91A2-751BCC1357DC.jpeg

0A9FD978-37F8-4A60-930C-E2BBBA016CB0.jpeg

1C22081B-72DA-4A90-A04A-24AAFF2D5119.jpeg

C4507D9A-ACE2-419B-80DC-B23BDEF4AE78.jpeg
Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the review! The more I read the better I feel about my 2.3 BL that has been built. I was really torn about which engine to get. More reviews like this, the better I feel. Realistically, I drive like a grandpa with my dog in the car most of the time, so a 2.7 would be a wast over 90% of the time.