First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a FE reservation that I'm thinking of backing out of. Mentioned it to a co-worker and he said he'd take it.

I know you can't transfer reservations out of your household... But would the dealer (or Ford) have an issue with me asking them to fill out all the delivery paperwork in his name?

I wouldn't be making any money off the deal, he'd just show up to the dealer with me at delivery time with his own cash/financing. I might get a case of beer out of him, though. ??
Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a FE reservation that I'm thinking of backing out of. Mentioned it to a co-worker and he said he'd take it.

I know you can't transfer reservations out of your household... But would the dealer (or Ford) have an issue with me asking them to fill out all the delivery paperwork in his name?

I wouldn't be making any money off the deal, he'd just show up to the dealer with me at delivery time with his own cash/financing. I might get a case of beer out of him, though. ??
It has to be delivered to the person with the Reservation, otherwise the dealer will be penalized.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy it, sell it to him... he will have to pay taxes/fees again but it can be done

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What constitutes in your household? Maybe you rent a room to him and he stays with you for a while....

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Buy it, sell it to him... he will have to pay taxes/fees again but it can be done

Might have to be what we do. I was hoping to have everything done cleanly upon delivery as far as title and regi, given how jammed up everything is with the DMVs over here.

What constitutes in your household? Maybe you rent a room to him and he stays with you for a while....
I'm guessing he'd have to show ID. Probably not worth the time going to the DMV (well, trying to...), changing his address, then changing it back. Likewise trying to get his name added to a utility bill or something like that.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
How about this.... Are there any legitimate ways to transfer the res? :ROFLMAO:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

buy it jointly, then amend the title at the DMV.

that's how i somehow am part owner of my mom's car.
bought it before she retired in my area on a joint title,
then COVID struck and haven't be to the DMV to untangle.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You might not be able to transfer it out of family BUT what if you both went in you and your co-worker said that you were "partners". How could they question or deny?

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He could legally change his name to yours. If the dealer knows you, also get plastic surgery to become your twin. Much easier than dealing with those taxes...
or
Talk to your dealer. When it arrives, you don't have to buy it, correct? If you have an agreement ahead of time, and trust your dealer to stick to it, you just don't agree to buy it when it arrives and your co-worker buys it for what you would have paid. Might work.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're asking us for advice on how your co-worker can cut us in line?

I think you should make him reserve his own Bronco.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
they are still trying to sell them on ebay.....I have no clue how they are going to make it work other than paying vehicle taxes twice.....

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So you're asking us for advice on how your co-worker can cut us in line?

I think you should make him reserve his own Bronco.
No, he can have mine if I decide to bail.

they are still trying to sell them on ebay.....I have no clue how they are going to make it work other than paying vehicle taxes twice.....
I'm wondering how that's all going to play out. Ford explicitly states no transfers. At least I'm trying to do it on the up-and-up.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I talked to a dealer about this and they basically said there is no way. He said if the reservations transfer names even at purchase the dealer can get in big trouble from Daddy Ford.
Sponsored