First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm not mistaken. This is the same or similar 2.3 that's in the Mazdaspeed3. In which case, I am quite certain it can handle a lot more than it's putting out stock.
I think they are somewhat related. I have read about this specific Ford 2.3 that article said it was close to maximum. It isn't hard to find. A person also has to dig deep into other Ford forums and use your better judgement. I think a persons best friend here is an unbiased Ford mechanic that sees these motors tuned and not. It also is heavily dependent on how much extra boost is programed and the abuse it's received.
It's a crap shoot at best for the folks that could care less about their warranty. Defiantly fun for awhile. I get that...
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somehow it is really obvious when a person is more interested in twisting and attacking than talking.
So sad.
Love you too
It looks like I may have misattributed the 100lb comment to you, but:

You have yet to provide a single fact showing the 2.3 (or its 2022 manual transmission) is, or will be, "overworked" regardless of what mods are done after purchasing.... despite pages of comments arguing that exact opinion as an undisputed fact.

I will own a 2.3 Manual. If it is problematic I would like to know. So far, it isn't. all I see is lots conjecture that doesn't help anyone who reads this thread.

SHOtruck

Outer Banks
First Name
TOM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Taurus SHO 22' Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bought my Taurus new. Tuned it at 17,000 miles. Over 90,000 miles now and never looked back. Still runs high 12's getting 22mpg and never went to the dealer for repairs or service.
I will get the v6 in my Bronco and do the same. I don't beat on my car, just enjoy the extra power surge provided by Gearhead tuning.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought my Taurus new. Tuned it at 17,000 miles. Over 90,000 miles now and never looked back. Still runs high 12's getting 22mpg and never went to the dealer for repairs or service.
I will get the v6 in my Bronco and do the same. I don't beat on my car, just enjoy the extra power surge provided by Gearhead tuning.
At least you’re not like my buddy who finally got a GT Throttle Body installed in his V6 and didnt floor it once
Ford Bronco COBB Tuning working on tune and bolt-ons for 2.3L Bronco 70A90799-4DE5-4D46-8093-145DFECA030B

Had my Audi tuned around 55-60k, only issue I had was the previous owner was from NYC, so the original clutch slipped early (70k, I had it at 44k).

You only gotta worry when youre going haam with the boost;
Ford Bronco COBB Tuning working on tune and bolt-ons for 2.3L Bronco 4E1C750B-B5FC-42EA-A5E6-E6174F8152A8

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question, is this plug and play that can be done in a half hour by yourself or do you have to mail the ecu in to be unlocked?

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question, is this plug and play that can be done in a half hour by yourself or do you have to mail the ecu in to be unlocked?
As far as I know Cobb doesn't so the send in to unlock thing. It either can be done with their tuner (the accessport ) or they don't make a tune for it

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

its OTA to Cobb device to get the latest tune revision then to vehicle via OBII port.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why did I get FORD EXPLORER 10r60(600nm) 10 speed transmission when I thought it was a Ranger chassis 10r80 (800nm)?
Because that's WHAT they speced FOR this vehicle?