First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Tractor, 76 Bronco, 03 Ranger, 20 F250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Recently picked up my Raptor and first thing I wanted was a PPF wrap to protect it on trails. I went with a full wrap of grill, headlights, front fenders, hood, windshield frame, doors and rear quarter panels. Left of the rear door as it was pretty expensive to do (get everything removed) and figured with the large tire back there, probably not much was going to scratch it. I did the stealth wrap on the fender flares which turned out really good. I think it makes them look so much better. Cost $5,100 and after a couple trail rides, well worth it.

e6d27ddd-3517-4129-b11d-1edddf07f4c5-jpeg.jpg

e94659ef-36da-4864-b881-c0055395fc40-jpeg.jpg

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares 74E8407A-E877-4349-9F22-11EC893341E9

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares 9F35BBE0-DFEF-4D7E-9D4F-226FC63A7A21

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares 758ABDCF-338A-4F29-904E-97493370F1D8

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares D86C72EC-797F-45E0-B1AC-6C3E0D25613C

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares 06C069A1-BEC4-4BA1-99AA-629C17196604

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares 4E7AF483-11EF-4635-824A-C236F1BC9B4E

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares 312F0D6E-CF91-43F6-BB5A-C2804BFF3FD6

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares BD9BB655-521C-4180-89DD-030AA38B87C9
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks great! I've been really happy I went with ppf. It helps me relax a bit. I think the biggest cause of scratches and paint chips isn't objects on the trail hitting the vehicle, but mud/rocks coming up odd of the tires and cars in front of you (on road).

I also had my ppf guy add a ceramic coating. It makes cleanup so much easier which I think will help with the life of the film, since cleaning is so much gentler.

I also added this film: https://www.grab-gard.com/products/ford-bronco-windshield-protection-kit

It's the same idea as ppf, but on the windshield. I had the ppf guy ceramic coat over that as well. It's awesome watching water just bead off as I'm driving.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I live in the wrong area. Quotes around me have been $6500 at lowest for full body PPF. Even had one quote at $8k.

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the decal! Where did you get them from? I got a complete PPF wrap and ceramic coating for $5500. They did a special ceramic coating over all the plastic areas. Was a very difficult decision for me to spend so much right off the bat but could not just think of my ER BD getting scratched up. Lol!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jabaen

Jabaen

Raptor
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My original quote was for $7000. I worked with the shop to reduce the price. I didn’t care if you could see some lines. Didn’t have them remove door handles, badges, etc. Saved them a lot of shop time. Main reason I opted to skip the rear door. Alot of time to cut and do the rear door for what I saw as little benefit when the rear tire is so large, I don’t see much getting past it and scratching the door.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My original quote was for $7000. I worked with the shop to reduce the price. I didn’t care if you could see some lines. Didn’t have them remove door handles, badges, etc. Saved them a lot of shop time. Main reason I opted to skip the rear door. Alot of time to cut and do the rear door for what I saw as little benefit when the rear tire is so large, I don’t see much getting past it and scratching the door.
You’re probably right, the tailgates probably pretty safe. Areas that should get done that may get overlooked are:

Headlights. Thank god I did as my bumper tipped while removing it to install my winch and put two big scratches in the ppf. Headlights fine, but ppf is deeply scratched. Those things will take their share of rocks on road regardless.

Door sills: you don’t see it unless the doors open, but gritty feet are all over this area all the time.

Inside the Tailgate. I have a Trailgater table that protects most of it, but I will be adding a simple strip below that to avoid getting scratched by skis and snowboards. If I didn’t have the table, I’d do it all.

OP
OP
Jabaen

Jabaen

Raptor
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It looks great! I've been really happy I went with ppf. It helps me relax a bit. I think the biggest cause of scratches and paint chips isn't objects on the trail hitting the vehicle, but mud/rocks coming up odd of the tires and cars in front of you (on road).

I also had my ppf guy add a ceramic coating. It makes cleanup so much easier which I think will help with the life of the film, since cleaning is so much gentler.

I also added this film: https://www.grab-gard.com/products/ford-bronco-windshield-protection-kit

It's the same idea as ppf, but on the windshield. I had the ppf guy ceramic coat over that as well. It's awesome watching water just bead off as I'm driving.
Thanks for the link to the windshield protection kit. Will have to check it out. I didn’t want rock chips from the road or trail ‘pinstripes’ either.

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you get the 10mm film or the 8mm film from XPEL? The shop I prefer quoted me ~7k. If I ever get my braptor PPF will be my first mod. As
other have stated, install is more important the film itself, to an extent. If anyone is in the LA area, I prefer to use American Wrap Company in Thousand Oaks. They are extremely good at what they do.

OP
OP
Jabaen

Jabaen

Raptor
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you get the 10mm film or the 8mm film from XPEL? The shop I prefer quoted me ~7k. If I ever get my braptor PPF will be my first mod. As
other have stated, install is more important the film itself, to an extent. If anyone is in the LA area, I prefer to use American Wrap Company in Thousand Oaks. They are extremely good at what they do.
I did the 10mm film. Used it on other vehicles and very happy with it. In fact, I had a deer run into the side of my other vehicle and slid across the hood and off the other side. Vehicle had the 10mm XPEL Ultimate Plus on it. Broken side mirror and multiple deep scratches across the fenders and hood from hooves and antlers. All scratches were just in the PPF. It protected the paint underneath very well. Had the shop remove and put new PPF on and good as new. Been sold on it ever since.

Sponsored

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did the same with mine. 10mm and then Stealth. I
I opted for the gate (and everything else). It was a ton of work…

Ford Bronco Code Orange Bronco Raptor with XPEL PPF and XPEL Stealth on the Flares IMG_1347

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Looks great, I had Exoshield put on my windshield due to a chip that took it out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eYYa2zdmBWjMbPuf7

My guy made a video when he put my PPF on

2023 Bronco Raptor .jpg
Sponsored