First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In my limited research I have found that King, Fox and Icon make aftermarket coil overs, are there any others I am missing? Anyone have real world experiences with these? I want a 2-3” lift but don’t want to sacrifice ride quality because of said lift. This seems to be the best of both worlds minus the hit on the wallet.
Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if you don’t want to change ride quality, stick with what you got and put a top load spacer on em. They don’t change where you are in the arc of travel so your ride should stay the same.

You’ll feel more of the road with any of the aftermarket coilovers based on the fact they’re monotube and using metal frame pivots vs OEM rubber bushings alone.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 4wd parts coilovers have been getting good reviews and are adjustable from 1-3 1/2” of lift in think at 3” they recommended new UCA’s.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fox, King, Icon, Radflo, Eibach, OME, Bilstein, 4WP, Rancho, and I'm sure several others.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coil overs are definitely the way to go if you want performance not just lift. I installed the 4wp have been very happy with the overall performance. The on road quality is good but off road is fantastic. I am sure fox, icon and king are fantastic but you are paying a premium.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Coil overs are definitely the way to go if you want performance not just lift. I installed the 4wp have been very happy with the overall performance. The on road quality is good but off road is fantastic. I am sure fox, icon and king are fantastic but you are paying a premium.
I’m not a name brand whore, so that doesn’t concern me. How was install for the 4wp coil overs? Do they come with everything you need or do you have to buy other stuff? How much lift did they provide?

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It all comes down to budget. Go from there.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not a name brand whore, so that doesn’t concern me. How was install for the 4wp coil overs? Do they come with everything you need or do you have to buy other stuff? How much lift did they provide?
The directions were ok. They didn’t mention removing the sway bar, which is the only way to remove the lower control arm. But other than that it can be done in a day. 4wp recommend a upper control arm which I installed. Lift height depends on your model and how much you adjust the coils. My badlands with Sasquatch was lifted 1.75”

Sponsored

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
in all my years of testing out different brands and stages of shocks, I've found one major thing to be true.Everyone likes to recommend the 1 brand they are currently running without really explaining the reasons why it works best for their application.

Its less about the brand and features of the shock, and MOST about the spring rates, valving, and flow design of the piston. These are the three major things will differ from brand to brand that no body really talks about. Example, if your running a winch and drive mainly on 30-50 mpg trails, you will want something with a higher spring rate to compensate for the heavier bumper/winch and valving that's suited for that fast of pace. A external resivoir will add much needed cooling in this situation, where as a low speed crawler with less cycles per minute, not so much...

Until you can fully understand what your goals are, both On and Off road, its really hard to figure out which setup to go with. Once you nail that down, we can nerd out abut what size shim stack each brand uses, which shaft seals and rod ends will handle the colder climates better, and learn which one will ideal for the type of driving YOUR doing.