Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the issue everyone has is this:
When you have just the feet selected, the air blows hard out of the A pillar. Are you saying yours does not blow out the A pillar when you have ONLY the feet selected?
I replied back after that comment.. When I went to lunch that day I noticed it does blow from a pillar. Guess I never paid attention to it.
Sponsored

Dillydally

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.7 hardtop lux non-squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just finished a 3 week winter camping trip. The weather was cold. I did a lot of off-roading, hiking, climbing, and camping. I often had cold feet and / or Slightly damp feet. Most of the days were cold, but sunny and beautiful. I would often drive slowly down an off road trail and would wear a warm jacket and a hat, open up the top and drive around with the top off. It would have been perfect to turn the heater on, select the floor vents and have lots of hot air blowing on my feet as I drive around with the top open.

The problem is:
When only the floor vent is selected, about 15% of the air comes out of the floor vent and 85 % of the air comes out of the A pillar vent (just left of drivers windshield + just right of passenger windshield).
This seems to be enough "function" that all of the dealerships will find that some air comes out and nothing is broken, so they all say there is not a problem. There is a problem, but the dealerships don't want to diagnose it.

The heating system is capable of producing a tremendous amount of heat and blow a huge volume of air out of all the other vent selections, just not out of the floor vents. If you are in a extremely cold winter weather, have cold wet feet, or just want to drive around on a cold sunny day with the top off, having lots of hot air blow out of the floor vents onto your feet would be very nice, but is unfortunately not possible currently.

I would like hot air to blow on my feet. Ford won't acknowledge there is an issue. People don't seem to notice enough to mention it or don't care enough to push Ford to do something about it. It is not that complicated.
Hey Ford, make as much hot air come out of the floor vents as the other two vents.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It really is the weirdest set up for floor vent heat in any vehicle I’ve owned, especially for a convertible. It’s so great to be able to have the top down and be surrounded in a cocoon of heat (do this all the time in my Camaro) but the Bronco is so difficult to get any heat to the floor area.

I recently installed the vent extensions in the back but while they redirect the air flow, they don’t increase it at all. They just point the air closer to the passengers in the back. Still no assistance for the front vents though.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I searched and found this thread as in this cold weather it feels like cool air if any is coming from the floor vents. Can someone summarize what the best settings should be to warm up the front leg/feet area?

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually run with the floor and dash vents, but shut the dash vents to about half volume. It seems to push more heat out the floor.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've resorted to wearing heated socks if I'm going to be out in the cold for a long period of time.

Dillydally

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.7 hardtop lux non-squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've resorted to wearing heated socks if I'm going to be out in the cold for a long period of time.
Hopefully the socks are not Ford Branded socks, as if you turn them on full blast, they will warm your left ear, but your feet will remain bitterly cold. If you take your socks to the Ford dealership, the Ford technician will tell you the socks are operating as designed.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I usually run with the floor and dash vents, but shut the dash vents to about half volume. It seems to push more heat out the floor.
After reading through this thread I started to do the same and have gotten much better floor hot air flow. So much for the auto setting, should have just got the base pkg and added seat heaters.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully the socks are not Ford Branded socks, as if you turn them on full blast, they will warm your left ear, but your feet will remain bitterly cold. If you take your socks to the Ford dealership, the Ford technician will tell you the socks are operating as designed.
Nope, VW. They told the government alphabet agency to go pound sand and made the socks get much better battery life.

Sponsored

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think in my case, I've shown that one way or another I can trick the system to blow only through the floor vents, just not at my temp. Also, as other users have shown, if you set it to chest and floor, close the chest, you get very decent floor flow.

So yes, I would argue that in my case, it is a programming fix. The ducting and power/flow is definitely there
Wisdom quote - Just because you are right, does not mean I am wrong - You just haven't seen fr...jpg

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Should I just cancel my service appointment I have for this today, since it appears this is a universal issue that no dealership is able to fix!?!?
Work Award - Best at saying what we're all thinkin.jpg

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Whomever is on the other side of this account: almost all of us on this thread experience this. That's the point of the thread. This is a widespread issue. And as I've documented likely a software issue. Get some employees with some brains to look into it and fix it
Jurrasic Park - Malcolm - 'Well, there it is'.gif

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It also doesn't help that the doors are super thin and have ZERO insulation in them.
Sponsored