Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Latest update. As expected the service tech said there is nothing he can(want?)to do to change the airflow distribution. Don’t know much at all about forscan. Maybe a forscan guru has some thoughts. Looks like we are stuck with little to no warm air on our feet. This blows, just not in a good way!
That’s lame. My 1977 CJ7 had better floor heat. I don’t know how you tag Ford, but something needs to be done. Way too many have this issue that is called “normal”.
Sponsored

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Subaru Outback, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have he same issue with no floor heat. Quickest appt dealer had is 2/20, so hope they can get it sorted. while A mild winter in MA so far, still do not like cold feet.

I also have latest software update 3.5.3 and no change

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ok you guys are gonna think I'm crazy (and I might be):

I turned off auto and cranked the fan full speed. Then I unchecked all the options (windshield/defrost, chest, feet) you know those three directionals.

When I set the temp to low, still no auto, the vents would switch to the chest level one. When I set it high, it would switch to the usual floor and defrost vents. I'm judging this by air movement, nothing is changing on my setting on screen with the directionals.

But it was 55 degrees outside. When I slowly adjusted it up from lo to 68 degrees, all the vents closed except the floor, with noticeable pressure increase there as well.

I'm talking no air movement from the windshield, those side vent things along the windows, or any of the chest level ones. Only air coming out was driver feet, passenger feet, and slightly more then usual to the second row.

So this tells me the ducting does in fact have a way to shut all the way down for each area.

Don't believe me? Try it. Full fan speed, no auto, scroll throw each degree and the air movement will change. Will you find the magic temp setting that gives full blast power to the feet?

Seems like a software correction.

Temps supposed to drop almost 20 degrees tomorrow, I will see if the sweet spot changes

Edit: yes with the temp change the sweet spot of 1-3 degrees also changed. It dropped with the temperature. Also, I almost forgot my own direction, you have to change the fan speed to really disable the auto; just manually adjusting the directional thingies does not disable auto when you turn them all off.
saved to hard drive, thanks

Oasis86

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s lame. My 1977 CJ7 had better floor heat. I don’t know how you tag Ford, but something needs to be done. Way too many have this issue that is called “normal”.
Yes, same here. Please
I have the same issue. I only have it set to floor heat and I don't feel anything, but air is coming out of the top side vents. Bringing it into the shop to be looked at.
Was there ever a resolution?

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There won’t be a ‘resolution’ until Ford Corporate actually sits in a Bronco with the floor vents set to HIGH and realizes that ‘hey, there really isn’t that much air coming out the front floor vents or the rear floor vents. I wonder why that is?’

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Minnesota, and it was 1 degree F this weekend. Drove the bronco to some of my grandkid's hockey games around the city and had plenty of heat at the floor. I generally find I need to turn the heat down. I drive with 4 lights on the manual fan, speed lit up, and the setting on defrost dash, and floor. Once oil temp gets up to about 100, things start to heat up.
I move the heat control from the just before MAX setting up to about 1 o'clock on the dial once the heat is going and the sun is shining.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same here; issues with lack of floor heat to both the front and back. Going in this week for inspection, will let the forum know what comes of it.
Any news?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So get this. this goes back to my previous post. It was 18 F on my way home from work today. I had the auto heat set to 67. I manually changed it to floor only, then unselected the floor, so that nothing was selected and turned the fan all the way up.

Basically only blowing from the A pillar vents, nothing noticeable from the floor. Crank the heat setting to 80+F or "high".

But...... when I set the temp to 64 F in this manual, no selection mode, the computer switched all the air to the floor. nothing coming from the chest or A pillar vents, I could actually feel the air coming out near my feet.

My problem is pure programming.

@Ford Motor Company what's the deal? My floor vents work when I trick it, it's a simple programming fix, just do it.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So get this. this goes back to my previous post. It was 18 F on my way home from work today. I had the auto heat set to 67. I manually changed it to floor only, then unselected the floor, so that nothing was selected and turned the fan all the way up.

Basically only blowing from the A pillar vents, nothing noticeable from the floor. Crank the heat setting to 80+F or "high".

But...... when I set the temp to 64 F in this manual, no selection mode, the computer switched all the air to the floor. nothing coming from the chest or A pillar vents, I could actually feel the air coming out near my feet.

@Ford Motor Company what's the deal? My floor vents work when I trick it, it's a simple programming fix, just do it.
Can't believe this isn't resolved after almost 2 years.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I’ll try this tomorrow and report back to see if I can replicate. So ridiculous that Ford Motor Company is ignoring endless threads about this well known issue.

Sponsored

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ll try this tomorrow and report back to see if I can replicate. So ridiculous that Ford Motor Company is ignoring endless threads about this well known issue.
So I tried your method and nothing changed. Still a hairdryer at the A pillar and grandma blowing out a birthday candle at my feet.

Come on Ford!!! You know it’s a problem and needs a permanent fix.

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those saying the software update fixed the floor heat issue. When set to the feet and nothing else, do you still have air blowing hard out of the A pillar vent? I’m not feeling much on the feet after software update.

This is what I'm noticing too. I software update that stopped the air coming out of the pillars would be the perfect fix.

I just called my dealership to schedule a time for them to look at this for me and they said they would need my car in the shop for 5-7 days. How crazy is that?!? @Ford Motor Company

Dillydally

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.7 hardtop lux non-squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also experiencing the same problem. If the floor only is selected, 80% of the hot air comes out of the defrost vents to the left of the driver and right side of passenger and 20% comes out of the floor, regardless of temperature setting.
If none of the areas are selected, various outputs occur, sometimes floor and defrost only, sometimes dash only, depending on the temperature selected and the current mood of the vehicle.
This is definitely not how the heating system was designed to work. I do not know if it is a software problem which would mean everyone has the same problem) or if it was installed incorrectly ( which means some people might not be experiencing this same problem)
Can anyone confirm that this is not happening in their vehicle? The best work around I was able to figure out is to select both floor vents and dash vents, turn the heat up and then use the dials on the dash to close the dash vents. This will force more of the hot air out of the floor vents, closer to the way they are supposed to work.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am also experiencing the same problem. If the floor only is selected, 80% of the hot air comes out of the defrost vents to the left of the driver and right side of passenger and 20% comes out of the floor, regardless of temperature setting. If none of the areas are selected, and the temperature range is on any setting from Lo, up to about 70°-74°, 100% of the air comes out from the floor area. As soon as the temperature setting is changed to a temperature above this, 80% of the hot air is redirected to the defrost vents as described earlier.
This is definitely not how the heating system was designed to work. I do not know if it is a software problem (which would mean everyone has the same problem), or if it was installed incorrectly (which means some people might not be experiencing this same problem).
Can anyone confirm that this is not happening in their vehicle?
The best work around I was able to figure out is to select both floor vents and dash vents, turn the heat up and then use the dials on the dash to close the dash vents. This will force the hot air out of the floor vents the way they are supposed to work. If you use auto, it will undo this process and go back to pushing all the hot air into your defrost vents.

Hello there! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your vent concerns.

Dillydally

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.7 hardtop lux non-squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also experiencing the same problem. If the floor only is selected, 80% of the hot air comes out of the defrost vents to the left of the driver and right side of passenger and 20% comes out of the floor, regardless of temperature setting.
If none of the areas are selected, various outputs occur, sometimes floor and defrost only, sometimes dash only, depending on the temperature selected and the current mood of the vehicle.
This is definitely not how the heating system was designed to work. I do not know if it is a software problem which would mean everyone has the same problem) or if it was installed incorrectly ( which means some people might not be experiencing this same problem)
Can anyone confirm that this is not happening in their vehicle? The best work around I was able to figure out is to select both floor vents and dash vents, turn the heat up and then use the dials on the dash to close the dash vents. This will force more of the hot air out of the floor vents, closer to the way they are supposed to work.
After going to a dealership and having both the service dept head and lead mechanic confirm the issue, I spoke with customer service with Ford headquarters. Customer service confirmed they are aware of the problem and that it has been addressed with an upcoming software update. Customer service was not willing to say when the update would be sent. If anyone has received this update and had the problem resolve, would love to hear confirmation.
Sponsored

Last edited: