Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Listen, I know it’s been brought up and beat like a dead horse (yes, I know...) but how about throwing those of us that can only swing BB or BD money a bone and give us a cold weather group? Heated seats and Wheel.
We already know you don’t want to sell a whole bunch of base model broncos, fine. We get it. We’ll pony up (sorry, I can’t stop ??‍♂) and go to the next higher models to be able to shift our own gears and have a warm ass and hands.
There is literally no reason that we should have base options on premium trim packages other than to pad your bottom dollar or cover your ass because you didn’t produce enough manual transmissions.
Hell, as money hungry as FCA is, they still throw the poor people a bone and let you build a Jeep with a cold weather group on EVERYTHING above a base model, AND you can choose whatever transmission you want.

Rant over, just needed to get it out of my system. Too bad Mr. “We’re Listening” can’t hear this.
Sponsored

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because spoiled people like me are willing to jump up trims for that heated steering wheel. A Black Diamond is perfect for me, but I have to jump up to a OBX or BL plus the lux just to get those toasty hands.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I agree with you that there should have been a cold weather group, this is the least of our problems for sure.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford IS in freakin' Detroit. As if it never has winter. C'mon. Move to LUX and OB to get a steering wheel? Seriously. Just dumb. Hoping it's a separate option on order.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an Daily Driver 2016 Mustang with cloth seats that are not heated and my steering wheel does not heat up either. My wife has both heated and cooled seats and a heated steering wheel in her Lincoln MKC, really nice to have it, but I guess I appreciate it that much more when I am in her car.

I wear driving gloves that are warm but also thin enough to use the touchscreen and have grip for wheel and the stick shift. I also put a seat cover on my Mustang and wear lined pants when it is cold. Gloves cost $15 at Costco and the Pants cost $30. Do that.

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an Daily Driver 2016 Mustang with cloth seats that are not heated and my steering wheel does not heat up either. My wife has both heated and cooled seats and a heated steering wheel in her Lincoln MKC, really nice to have it, but I guess I appreciate it that much more when I am in her car.

I wear driving gloves that are warm but also thin enough to use the touchscreen and have grip for wheel and the stick shift. I also put a seat cover on my Mustang and wear lined pants when it is cold. Gloves cost $15 at Costco and the Pants cost $30. Do that.
So you admit it's "really nice to have" the heated features, then tell OP to get some costco gloves and pants.

tenor.gif

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because I want to feel like I’m getting some kind of perk for spending 42k and not being made to spend 2k more just because some corporate Dbag wanted to up his stock price a hair.

F me for wanting to spoil myself and not pricing myself out of the market.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BB was supposed to be the Everyman's model.
Last I checked on an map, most Americans live somewhere that gets cold in the winter.

Telling them to to spend an extra $10,000 on a OBX with LUX for a complete CW package, or FOAD sucks-to-be-poor, is retarded .

Sponsored

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in the same boat. I couldnt believe the Mid wasnt available with the manual and was hoping it was a bug since you can get it on the BL.

I'm not about paying 35-40k for a vehicle that doesn't have that stuff I want when most cars under 30k have it. I haven't canceled my reservation yet but may do it before ordering if they dont change it or add a cold weather option for manual BB customers.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I couldnt believe the Mid wasnt available with the manual and was hoping it was a bug since you can get it on the BL.

I'm not about paying 35-40k for a vehicle that doesn't have that stuff I want when most cars under 30k have it. I haven't canceled my reservation yet but may do it before ordering if they dont change it or add a cold weather option for manual BB customers.
it’s a cheap way for them to make some more money while not giving away the nav and the other toys. OR just make mid availablewith the manual transmission like we were originally led to believe it would be.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you admit it's "really nice to have" the heated features, then tell OP to get some costco gloves and pants.
Perhaps you missed the part when I said "I appreciate it more" when I am in her car?
In the same way I appreciate her automatic transmission in heavy traffic v. my manual when stuck at a light. Does not mean I am not proud of my "base, but still very manual" convertible mustang that ended up being cheaper than a C-Max at the time.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like there’s a lot of us who are ordering a new vehicle for the first time ever, some of us that grew up on the old pony’s and strayed to jeeps as they got older and harder to find. Those of us that grew up with the blue oval and are trying really hard to come back.
They’re making me think long n hard about staying with Jeep the way they keep throwing bricks at us.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fords stated goal was to bring back an icon and take a chunk of the market back from Jeep. One way to do that is look at what they are doing and improve on it. Hell at this point I wish they’d at least follow suit.
Sponsored