First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My buddy Jim and I are not often accused of making good life choices, and deciding to wheel and then camp in single-digit weather is yet another example of why that is true :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_0908

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_0907.JPG

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_0953.JPG

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_0947.JPG

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_0983.JPG

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_0995.JPG

I apologize for the gratuitous poser shot, but I've always loved this snarled old tree and have pictures of it with several of my wheeling rigs over the years:

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_1035.JPG

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_1055.JPG

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As one who is also prone to making poor life choices such as camping in the cold, just wondering what cold weather gear you recommend? Sleeping bags and blankets wise anyways. Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As one who is also prone to making poor life choices such as camping in the cold, just wondering what cold weather gear you recommend? Sleeping bags and blankets wise anyways. Great pics! Thanks for sharing!
My trailer does not have a heater so I use a 12v blanket plugged into my Jackery. I also have a Heater Buddy to take the edge off when it's nasty cold, like this weekend was, and just run it for 10-15 minutes as I'm climbing into the rack and when I first wake up. The trailer has a residential mattress and bedding, but I also added a couple of fleece blankets and a cheap sleeping bag, just for more layers. It was by no means toasty, but I didn't wake up dead, so...

Sponsored

ritzy114

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My buddy Jim and I are not often accused of making good life choices, and deciding to wheel and then camp in single-digit weather is yet another example of why that is true :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_0908.JPG

Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies IMG_0908.JPG

I apologize for the gratuitous poser shot, but I've always loved this snarled old tree and have pictures of it with several of my wheeling rigs over the years:

Awesome photos! Looks like you are on the eastside of the mountains :)

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't apologize for that great "poser" shot by the tree. Very nicely done & framed.
Idea: get a cheap hospital urinal (one with a cap) for inside the trailer & sleeping bag, so you don't have to dress up and put your boots on in the middle of the night. I suggest this with TinStar ("Winter camping = less ice needed for the beer. 🍻") in mind. But bear in mind beer freezes at about 25F.
Cheers, TinStar!

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What model trailer is that?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_0908.JPG
What a womderful experience. When I lived in Stowe, Vermont, used to sleep in a teepee. Loved the feel of that crisp cold air outside the sleeping bag! Sleeping in a trailer, heater or not, would be pure luxury!

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awesome photos! Looks like you are on the eastside of the mountains :)
Yessir, we were camped at Ahtanum Meadows and ran up the Middle Fork to Eagle's Nest and then back down to Nasty Creek as we chased the sunset.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What model trailer is that?
It's a 2017 Flagstaff E-Pro 12RK, also sold under the Rockwood Geo-Pro label. I built the rear bumper/tire carrier setup, added the roof basket and put the 30" BFG's under it, but other than that it's bone stock and we love it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks pretty cool or cold ;)

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 galaxie /2017 f450 /2021 f150 / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You can’t beat good friends. A trip you will talk about for a long time

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, that looks like some serious fun !!!!

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! We did a bit of cold weather camping this last weekend as well. I removed the tow package and I'm still waiting for the tow module so I had to bring the trusty Tacoma to tow my trailer. I use a diesel air heater, they are a total game changer for cold weather.
Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies Bronco & Taco
Ford Bronco Cold Weather Wheeling and Camping Trip  w/ Jeep Buddies Trailer
Sponsored