Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're absolutely right, it just looks so good on the Bronco especially the base. Thanks for the input, much needed!
One under appreciated style cue is the blacked out branding on the grill. I know a guy that picked up a Base Sport in Oxford White. He right away lifted it and even had to cut the wheel well to stuff the rubber that he wanted. With the dark tint, it looks really sharp. He has already taken his Sport in more challenging terrain than most will take their Bronco.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve always loved grey or gray... lead foot was a tremendous ford color. Carb grey isn’t quite the same for me as lead foot but is still a solid color choice for the bronco. I think out of all the bronco color choices this one will tie in the best with the MIC and fender flares...
It’s a solid color choice ...

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

im Having the same dilemma. When I go into the parking garage at work all I see is a sea of grey, silver and white so I wanted to do something a little different. While I’ve seen some beautiful velocity blue mustangs, trucks often don’t look right to me in the color. This is why I need to see a couple (not counting the outer banks) before I can decide @Ford. I sometimes consider moving up a model to get more color choices but then I get pissed that I’m essentially paying thousands more for a color. Fords model pricing is genius. I want a base but would love mid for heated seats , hitch and some more color choice. That essentially would cost me 6-7 k So frustrating

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing wrong with blue, but it's not for me. I chose black.

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve always loved grey or gray... lead foot was a tremendous ford color. Carb grey isn’t quite the same for me as lead foot but is still a solid color choice for the bronco. I think out of all the bronco color choices this one will tie in the best with the MIC and fender flares...
It’s a solid color choice ...
that lead foot was a really nice rich color, thanks for the feedback much appreciated !

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL!! Oh, man...they are both rich colors and both are stunning in real life.

My thoughts:
If you haven't gone to your dealer just to ogle colors, you absolutely must. I probably went 8 or more times just to look at AMB, VB and CG. And also to check out A51 when it arrived. Nice , but not my thing at the moment.

I ordered AMB. I've always wanted something similar to GM's and BMW's "Black Sapphire" and this is my chance.
But I'll tell ya, VB still pulls at me from time to time.

There are VERY few pics of VB that do it justice. It has a depth and color shift around the curves that camera just doesn't pick up. It also appears darker Blue in real life. By my eye, Velocity and Lightning are VERY VERY similar, with the VB being just a touch lighter Blue.

I saw the Carbonized Grey on a F250 and it WOW'd me also. Bright silvers like Iconic just don't do it for me. I liked the old Magnetic Grey, which was darker and they parked the Carb Grey right in between Iconic and Magnetic.
There's a pic here that almost pulled me away from Blue, I'll see if I can find it. My daughter and I both loved the look when we saw it. More likely because of the overall look than just what color it was.

Found it! Even though the potato blurred the shot...the one on the right with the mod bumper....damn!
I just really like the look.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...er-banks-big-bend-base-on-steel-wheels.11077/

Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? 1615248573593

Decent shot of VB: Shows the darks and lites of it. I tend to mostly see the darks in it in real life.
Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? 1615248828292

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing wrong with blue, but it's not for me. I chose black.
I've had two black vehicles that I loved and they look amazing when they're clean. When they're clean.. Black looks good on the Bronco though for sure !

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask your wife. If you dont have a wife, ask your mother. If you dont have one of those ask your dog.

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LOL!! Oh, man...they are both rich colors and both are stunning in real life.

My thoughts:
If you haven't gone to your dealer just to ogle colors, you absolutely must. I probably went 8 or more times just to look at AMB, VB and CG. And also to check out A51 when it arrived. Nice , but not my thing at the moment.

I ordered AMB. I've always wanted something similar to GM's and BMW's "Black Sapphire" and this is my chance.
But I'll tell ya, VB still pulls at me from time to time.

There are VERY few pics of VB that do it justice. It has a depth and color shift around the curves that camera just doesn't pick up. It also appears darker Blue in real life. By my eye, Velocity and Lightning are VERY VERY similar, with the VB being just a touch lighter Blue.

I saw the Carbonized Grey on a F250 and it WOW'd me also. Bright silvers like Iconic just don't do it for me. I liked the old Magnetic Grey, which was darker and they parked the Carb Grey right in between Iconic and Magnetic.
There's a pic here that almost pulled me away from Blue, I'll see if I can find it. My daughter and I both loved the look when we saw it. More likely because of the overall look than just what color it was.

Found it! Even though the potato blurred the shot...the one on the right with the mod bumper....damn!
I just really like the look.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...er-banks-big-bend-base-on-steel-wheels.11077/

Decent shot of VB: Shows the darks and lites of it. I tend to mostly see the darks in it in real life.
You just didn't make this one any easier ! :ROFLMAO:o_O I feel like Video would do VB justice, way more than pictures. I like to visit my dealership on Sundays because they're closed & you don't get bothered, just went yesterday actually and at least 5 others showed up looking at the colors on the Bronco Sports for their Bronco orders ! It was really bright as the sun was setting over the lot so it wasn't too accurate as it looks like 10 different blues depending on where you look.. Great input. Patience is truly a virtue especially in this case & maybe I'll just have to wait it out to see it wrapped on the Bronco in video or in person. Thanks again for the info!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
VB will be an excellent color in the real world. It's not as much of an attention getter as you're imagining (IMHO), it doesn't scream attention nor does it get as many looks as Lightning Blue did (arguably Lightning Blue was more extremely bright and characterful in full sunlight).

Can't imagine you not being happy with VB in the long run where as Carbonized Gray will be just as boring and dull in 2 years as it is today. At least VB will perk you up and provide some visual interest on that long hood every time you're driving it.

Obviously you'll order whatever you want. But you asked so that implies you're open to the ideas of others.

Good luck and Go Braves!

Pic for attention. F150 in Lightning Blue, Mustang in Velocity Blue. as you can see, VB isn't quite as loud, it has a subtle silver base to it which mutes the color a little bit.
Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? 20180815_164237_99de9f3509519c5a78354cb93768589363c69c25

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

im Having the same dilemma. When I go into the parking garage at work all I see is a sea of grey, silver and white so I wanted to do something a little different. While I’ve seen some beautiful velocity blue mustangs, trucks often don’t look right to me in the color. This is why I need to see a couple (not counting the outer banks) before I can decide @Ford. I sometimes consider moving up a model to get more color choices but then I get pissed that I’m essentially paying thousands more for a color. Fords model pricing is genius. I want a base but would love mid for heated seats , hitch and some more color choice. That essentially would cost me 6-7 k So frustrating

Exactly. My advice to myself though was that I wasn't going to give in and be willing to pay whatever just to get a different option if it wasn't completely necessary for me personally.. I also wasn't going to pay for features or higher end models just to say I have one.. My other advice though was that this is a commitment and you should get what makes you happy and whats going to go the best with your lifestyle because at the end of the day, its your life and your money and the extra 5-7k doesn't do much a difference in monthly payments, only the total you're paying in the end really.. Happy with my Base though as its what will work best for 'me' !

There's still time to make model and color decisions though, I think we'll be getting more vids & info soon so its a waiting game

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow. So you really think silver vehicles get in more wrecks... Because of their color? And that red has higher insurance. You being serious?

Velocity Blue looks cheap and torquise to me in person and I love blues.
Sponsored