Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all, hope everyone has a good week ! Looking for a little clarity after this post about my paint color choice...

I picked Velocity Blue from the rip with this vehicle after looking through all of the paint options for the Base. With having to soon possibly lock my order in (I already ordered but can alter by 3/19 I was told) I'm having second thoughts on the color.

I've owned nothing but dark (black & dark blue) vehicles so I know first hand how difficult they are (personally) to keep clean and free of swirl even after a wash. Therefore, I probably would never get another dark vehicle again (So no SB OR AMB). However, Oxford White is too white (personally) and Silver is not a good color in GA - a lot of accidents (Silvers) and higher insurance with Red (So no IS OR RR) . So that kind of only leaves me with Carbonized Grey and my original choice...Velocity Blue - 2 completely different colors!

Nothing is wrong with VB, "I" am just a lowkey, non attention seeking individual..Years down the line would this color play out, or play out quick, is this a color I could live with, are there too many shades from different angles...it's just not what I'm used to so idk if its an eye sore or its just me needing to get used to something new which is why I've decided to reach out to the forum. Maybe some of you already have a vehicle in this color that you like/dislike? Out of 20 cars sitting at a red light, the VB Ford sticks out to me for sure! I consider this an investment & a big deal when making long-term decisions, I want to be satisfied with my choice! There are more expensive Bronco options yes but my price is still expensive to me & I want no regrets. However, at the same time I didn't want a color too basic as it's already a Base. I recommend anyone else in this same predicament to visit a Ford dealership on Sundays. It puts the colors into better perspective but only helps but so much because the color is still on a completely different frame silhouette than the Bronco - but at least you can see what the color looks like to the eye.

I know there are other threads on VB, but still didn't help solidify a choice in my mind 100%. I appreciate all reading this & those who offer their input! At the end of the day no matter what we all post on here, we will make our decisions thats best for us individually so thanks to everyone again for any advice on my small simple dilemma. I think maybe the fact I still haven't seen this color much on the base Bronco is swaying me

- Base 2 DR No Sas ( doing my own wheel & tire upgrading )

So finally I ask, Velocity Blue or Carbonized Grey?

Not expecting people to make up my mind, just getting opinions from other future Bronco owners!
Sponsored

Last edited:

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I can't answer for you. I just know how I feel when I see a color. When I saw Area51 I just KNEW that was my color. No matter how much I thought I liked Cyber Orange or Cactus Grey, I just liked the Area51 better. See I also have been looking for an excuse to break the mold on standard colors as I, also, have mostly ever owned black vehicles.

Personally I like both of these colors you are picking from, but I like VB more. I like it more because I wanted a blue color and I like how VB pops. VB was only not in my top 3 because of availability.

Carb Grey is a good color though, and it looks very good on this vehicle - especially the base. I think that if you can't sleep at night thinking about VB then you should probably switch to carb grey and be done with it. You know it won't stand out too much (it already will being a Bronco), and you know it looks good on this vehicle. How you are feeling about VB I was kind of feeling with CO. When I finally saw Area 51 in person - I knew instantly I was going with that color.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hate to break it to you, but you can change your color choice, up until Ford issues a VIN # for your build. Depending upon your reservation time stamp, that may extend your deadline for making a decision for several weeks or months.

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man I can't answer for you. I just know how I feel when I see a color. When I saw Area51 I just KNEW that was my color. No matter how much I thought I liked Cyber Orange or Cactus Grey, I just liked the Area51 better. See I also have been looking for an excuse to break the mold on standard colors as I, also, have mostly ever owned black vehicles.

Personally I like both of these colors you are picking from, but I like VB more. I like it more because I wanted a blue color and I like how VB pops. VB was only not in my top 3 because of availability.

Carb Grey is a good color though, and it looks very good on this vehicle - especially the base. I think that if you can't sleep at night thinking about VB then you should probably switch to carb grey and be done with it. You know it won't stand out too much (it already will being a Bronco), and you know it looks good on this vehicle. How you are feeling about VB I was kind of feeling with CO. When I finally saw Area 51 in person - I knew instantly I was going with that color.
You're absolutely right. Thanks for your post, it was needed

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI. You can alter your order all the way up until a VIN is assigned... which occurs about 2 weeks before it’s actually built. Depending on your reservation that might be quite a ways a way.

This should give you some time to see the colors in the real world on other models, and potentially even Broncos, and change your final decision.

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hate to break it to you, but you can change your color choice, up until Ford issues a VIN # for your build. Depending upon your reservation time stamp, that may extend your deadline for making a decision for several weeks or months.
Good to know, I have longer to be indecisive!?!? Lol but you're right thanks for the info!

• Haha
Reactions: abe
OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FYI. You can alter your order all the way up until a VIN is assigned... which occurs about 2 weeks before it’s actually built. Depending on your reservation that might be quite a ways a way.

This should give you some time to see the colors in the real world on other models, and potentially even Broncos, and change your final decision.
Good to know, thanks man

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was having trouble with the same choice. I am getting a Basesquatch and decided on the carbonized grey. I wanted a darker color, I've never had a brightly colored vehicle and I really like the look of the grey with the sasquatch package.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going VB, so to make my color more of a rarity, go with the gray 🙃

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While the Carbonized Gray isn't flashy, it looks really good on the Bronco. With the Base grill having the blacked out BRONCO and other grays/blacks of the flares, door handles, mirrors, MIC top, Carbonized Gray could be a great unifying color. Also with the 2-dr, there is the body color interior panel on the doors so it won't clash with the onyx interior seat/dash. Get the windows tinted after delivery, and you'll have one sharp looking Bronco.

Recent Carb Gray thread has the Bronco looking like a mirror.

Last edited:

Bronco Beard

Base
First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all, hope everyone has a good week ! Looking for a little clarity after this post about my paint color choice...

I picked Velocity Blue from the rip with this vehicle after looking through all of the paint options for the Base. With having to soon possibly lock my order in (I already ordered but can alter by 3/19 I was told) I'm having second thoughts on the color.

I've owned nothing but dark (black & dark blue) vehicles so I know first hand how difficult they are (personally) to keep clean and free of swirl even after a wash. Therefore, I probably would never get another dark vehicle again (So no SB OR AMB). However, Oxford White is too white (personally) and Silver is not a good color in GA - a lot of accidents (Silvers) and higher insurance with Red (So no IS OR RR) . So that kind of only leaves me with Carbonized Grey and my original choice...Velocity Blue - 2 completely different colors!

Nothing is wrong with VB, "I" am just a lowkey, non attention seeking individual..Years down the line would this color play out, or play out quick, is this a color I could live with, are there too many shades from different angles...it's just not what I'm used to so idk if its an eye sore or its just me needing to get used to something new which is why I've decided to reach out to the forum. Maybe some of you already have a vehicle in this color that you like/dislike? Out of 20 cars sitting at a red light, the VB Ford sticks out to me for sure! I consider this an investment & a big deal when making long-term decisions, I want to be satisfied with my choice! There are more expensive Bronco options yes but my price is still expensive to me & I want no regrets. However, at the same time I didn't want a color too basic as it's already a Base. I recommend anyone else in this same predicament to visit a Ford dealership on Sundays. It puts the colors into better perspective but only helps but so much because the color is still on a completely different frame silhouette than the Bronco - but at least you can see what the color looks like to the eye.

I know there are other threads on VB, but still didn't help solidify a choice in my mind 100%. I appreciate all reading this & those who offer their input! At the end of the day no matter what we all post on here, we will make our decisions thats best for us individually so thanks to everyone again for any advice on my small simple dilemma. I think maybe the fact I still haven't seen this color much on the base Bronco is swaying me

- Base 2 DR No Sas ( doing my own wheel & tire upgrading )

So finally I ask, Velocity Blue or Carbonized Grey?

Not expecting people to make up my mind, just getting opinions from other future Bronco owners!
You going MIC top or soft top? I really love the CarbGry with MIC top. Its one of the few colors in the base model selection that really pops with the grey MIC top, especially when you add the grey beauty rings. The VB is quit nice though. I really considered the VB but imo figured if I was going to get bored of one of these two colors 4-5 years from now it would probably be the VB. So I'm going CarbGry. I'm pretty sure I will always be ok with the gray.

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was having trouble with the same choice. I am getting a Basesquatch and decided on the carbonized grey. I wanted a darker color, I've never had a brightly colored vehicle and I really like the look of the grey with the sasquatch package.

exactly, I wanted to so something different than what I'm used to, make it stand out since it's a Bronco, but VB is just so bright for my taste. Thanks for your input, highly appreciated !!

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While the Carbonized Gray isn't flashy, it looks really good on the Bronco. With the Base grill having the blacked out BRONCO and other grays/blacks of the flares, door handles, mirrors, MIC top, Carbonized Gray could be a great unifying color. Also with the 2-dr, there is the body color interior panel on the doors so it won't clash with the onyx interior seat/dash. Get the windows tinted after delivery, and you'll have one sharp looking Bronco.

Recent Carb Gray thread has the Bronco looking like a mirror.
You're absolutely right, it just looks so good on the Bronco especially the base. Thanks for the input, much needed!

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You going MIC top or soft top? I really love the CarbGry with MIC top. Its one of the few colors in the base model selection that really pops with the grey MIC top, especially when you add the grey beauty rings. The VB is quit nice though. I really considered the VB but imo figured if I was going to get bored of one of these two colors 4-5 years from now it would probably be the VB. So I'm going CarbGry. I'm pretty sure I will always be ok with the gray.

MIC Hard Top & you may have just got me with the "4-5 yrs from now" comment .. Thanks for the input !
Sponsored

Last edited: