Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever it takes to get a smooth finish top to make it easier to paint white.

KADNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU Anvil, 2012 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I agree
Agree!
I hope shadow black is offered on all models, but doesn't seem to be the case.

The grey top reminds me of the Honda Element, which haven't aged well, at least in that respect.

I have similar opinion on body color tops on Wranglers. They can look sharp when newer, but not over time. Doubly true on the Jeep body color bumpers.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haven't heard that one. There's a bit more logistically involved with the modular tops as they have to be sent out for painting, but other than that, there's no difference in availability. If anything, they will be easier to produce as the molded SMC panels are being provided by an outside vendor whereas the MIC is being made in house.
well that's good to hear. But supposedly its a near verbatim quote from Ford to dealers. Let us know what you hear...thanks!

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t know why they wouldnā€™t offer the dual top option with the 2 door- seems strange to me not too
As the doors are larger on the 2 doors this makes the front part longer than the back. Could be a little tricky to have a folding down structure that still fit at the back of the truck.

just trying to understand reason there is no soft top on the 2 doors...

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I havenā€™t seen much discussion on this topic... anyone considering a color matched HT? Iā€™d love to see some in the wild before making a final decision ...

Thoughts?
I love the contrast.

Using the Wrangler as my best point of reference... There werenā€™t a whole lot of those that were full color matched that really caught my fancy. There was something about the very rigid, boxy design, with square windows and all one color that seemed to make it less desirable than the 2-toned look.

also, every white/white looked like a post office truck. Maybe itā€™s the fact they start looking like delivery vehicles when all one color that turns me off. Oddly, the black/black always looks good to me.

I guess Iā€™m just full of it.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like others are saying - Seems to be supply issues. Unlike wrangler, I donā€™t think the soft top will be in the trunk when ordered with a dual top. I think they are scrambling on getting mod tops in different colors and the thought was to deliver with a soft and have hard top sent from supplier.

this is likely why they canā€™t get white tops done in time. Maybe we find that in B&P itā€™s a dual top option as a DIO. Which could come with delays. We may also find out the same for body matched hardtop, since it basically would share the same supply problems as getting a white top.

at this rate I just hope we could get the shadow black mod top from the factory without delays. We havenā€™t seen one yet in the pre-prods and a member who works at the factory said as of last week he hasnā€™t seen a single painted mod top, including shadow black.

If it sounds like supply continues to be an issueIā€™m very happy ordering a black top without causing further delays and if it needs to be painted white later on, fine. I have a Day 1 ressie but my lease extension runs out in end of August 2021. Cutting it close.

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I havenā€™t seen much discussion on this topic... anyone considering a color matched HT? Iā€™d love to see some in the wild before making a final decision ...

Thoughts?
Yes, since day 1.

Color chosen - Oxford White.
I will take the opportunity to post pictures to troll the "two-toners" who keep complaining that they aren't getting a white top.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going color matched HT if possible. Oxford White. If not possible, I'll have to go with the gray MIC. Maybe the gray MIC won't look too bad on a white Badlands with a gray grille.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without a doubt, a body colored top is my #1 preference. I've never been a huge fan of tops that don't match the rest of the body. I hate the way it breaks up the visuals. Doesn't matter if they were white, gray, black or any other non matching color. Unpainted plastic ones just look cheap regardless of color. The only other option I'd settle for is a black painted top and either paint the windshield frame in matching black so everything above the fenders matches or the roof from the top of the side windows up body color to carry the color from the windshield frame back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoJay

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, since day 1.

Color chosen - Oxford White.
I will take the opportunity to post pictures to troll the "two-toners" who keep complaining that they aren't getting a white top.
This is my 2nd choice... the Ox White is super clean.. I like the white top with it...
Area 51 is leading the way for me right now

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going color matched HT if possible. Oxford White. If not possible, I'll have to go with the gray MIC. Maybe the gray MIC won't look too bad on a white Badlands with a gray grille.
I've seen an HD pic of the fully white with Carbon Gray grille. It's a darker gray at times, which makes it match the factory bumper a bit better. Let me find it real quick.

Btw, the wheels in your profile pic look like American Racing Outlaw 2's. Those were like the poster child 4x4 wheels years ago. They still look good, and now I'm wondering if I should try those out in the future.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've seen an HD pic of the fully white with Carbon Gray grille. It's a darker gray at times, which makes it match the factory bumper a bit better. Let me find it real quick.

Btw, the wheels in your profile pic look like American Racing Outlaw 2's. Those were like the poster child 4x4 wheels years ago. They still look good, and now I'm wondering if I should try those out in the future.
Thanks for noticing the American Racing wheels - I was thinking about Baja's, but the Outlaw 2's look even better. I pulled the graphic of the wheels from an online pic of an old school Bronco, and I'm trying for an old school look, so those wheels will work nicely.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I'm thinking about the color-matched top for my Badlands trim if I go CG or AMB.

Ultimately, B&P will help with decision-making, but I'm not 100% against carbon grey. I think it looks really sharp with Iconic Silver - I'm just not firm on color yet. The more I see of Iconic Silver, the more I like it.
Sponsored