Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the MIC carbonized grey still modular? Does it still have the 4 removable panels?
Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the contrast of a light body color with a shiny shadow black top. but i like the grey too too, and think it would go well with cactus grey

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forgive me if this has been covered, but wouldn’t the MIC tops be more scratch resistant?

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Area 51 looks to me like it could be the same as “Performance Blue” on the Raptor. Thoughts?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Forgive me if this has been covered, but wouldn’t the MIC tops be more scratch resistant?
Theoretically, yes. Though you'll have to deal with more/earlier fading since it's plastic.

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My phone is water resistant, doesn't mean it's be a good idea to go swimming with it

"Resistant" doesn't carry a lot of meaning in marketing

While some say it's too early to say the top will fade, I'll argue that it's too early to simply take it for a fact that they won't fade.

Until these things spend a few seasons in the sun nobody really knows how they'll hold up. I'm sure ford tested, but testing isn't the real world.

I don't have a dog in this fight, hopefully they won't fade but it's too early to tell
The Jeep tops appear black to me - I am wondering if they fade :unsure:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 2 door Black Painted Hard Top is $1200.
It comes standard with Grey Plastic Hard Top.

The 4 door Black Painted Hard Top is $1900.
The Grey Plastic Hard Top is $700.
It comes standard with soft top.

I think.
I think there's one more black painted top much like the $1900 one, except the windows are not removable. I would expect that one to price around $1500?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still not convinced that the $700 hardtop isn't just a single molded piece. The $1900 version includes the word "modular." Is there any documentation or pictures of the $700 one on the 4-door?

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm still not convinced that the $700 hardtop isn't just a single molded piece. The $1900 version includes the word "modular." Is there any documentation or pictures of the $700 one on the 4-door?
There isn’t a single molded piece top. The modular top adds the pop out windows and the “sunroof” above the back seats on the 2-door. I think the $1900 top on the pricing tool is the shadow black top, not the MIC top, even though the email details don’t say that.

Last edited:

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really thought the “base” hardtop has removable sections over the first row, second row, then the back was all one piece.
I know I’ve seen that in a video. And one of the official ford people commented on the difference between modular and the “standard” hardtop in one of the Q/A sessions.

anyone smart enough to search for that and find proof? I can’t remember where I saw that. Kind of information over load at this point.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really thought the “base” hardtop has removable sections over the first row, second row, then the back was all one piece.
I know I’ve seen that in a video. And one of the official ford people commented on the difference between modular and the “standard” hardtop in one of the Q/A sessions.

anyone smart enough to search for that and find proof? I can’t remember where I saw that. Kind of information over load at this point.

@ 2:22

Reactions: RLW

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love the contrast of a light body color with a shiny shadow black top. but i like the grey too too, and think it would go well with cactus grey
I don’t. For all the reasons people avoid black cars, I am avoiding a gloss black roof

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm more of a body colored top person, but I can't understand the gray top and fenders that is the same texture that's on the jeep, it tends to fade to an ashen color over time and if you get wax on it it will almost most be ruined.
Sponsored