Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd agree, but the black is a high gloss shadow black.

I want black molded in color, not painted black.
Totally agree that the "carbonized grey" top doesn't even match the carbonized grey paint. Perhaps they should just call it faded black? I want a MIC black as I think that it looks a lot better than the grey AND it's lighter, more durable and should be far less expensive than the painted gloss black. Here's to hoping that's one of the things they change since they still have nearly a year before they'll deliver the first units.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess we will find out soon enough

It certainly seems that the body color top would be a premium option vs the mic top. Mic doesn't need paint and with every truck getting the same color it's logistically easier than 11 colors to paint
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Is the mic top something like $900 and the painted top $1500? I'm thinking the mic top is a low budget option in the hard top offerings.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah, I can see that being actual and factual for a new model release. They need to source raw materials and manufacture the final products for field testing well before Job #1.

That being said - On topic - The "Carbonized Gray" color is not 'carbonized gray' of the body paint and matching the body color to the MIC top is not possible. There should be some correction or material adjustment for better matching "Carbonized Gray" or offer black MIC for the rest of us.

Release the Kracke... ummm, Colors... We want to see them in-person.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd prefer the MIC top in black, with the removable panel. But that's not what they're offering.

If I hate the gray, I'll probably spray a layer of PlastiDip on it. That way I can even change it pretty easily to try out white, if I feel so inclined. The stuff is pretty durable, easy to fix scratches, and then it peels off pretty easily in a nice sheet. As a bonus, It'll likely protect the color of the plastic as well.

I don't want a glossy or body painted top.

I'm already planning to do something about the chrome BRONCO on the grille. Either PlastDip or something. I really hate chrome.
Plastidip roof might be worth exploring. In regard to the grill lettering, I never notice any chromes ones, I thought they were only black or white

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plastidip roof might be worth exploring. In regard to the grill lettering, I never notice any chromes ones, I thought they were only black or white
Just talking about the BRONCO letters. They are chrome on, I think, every model but the base. I don't want my badlands to be fancy and sophisticated, I want it to mean... even with it's tiny little turbo 4-banger :p

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct.

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Call up dealer - ā€œCan I get the sunbleached black fenders and door handles to match?!ā€

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I'm not sure the reason with the gray top. In my opinion it doesn't match any other plastic on the bronco. Then it looks like you got a sun bleached top from the factory. I will at a minimum getting the molded black top. It just looks better.
Maybe this is why it is gray...so it won't look like crap in 3-4 years being a surface that will get pounded by the sun. Chevy Avalanche truck with as molded panels comes to mind...they all look like sheet. Maybe painted and wrapped in clear to protect during removal and stowage?

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct.
Interesting, I had assumed it was chrome, I guess I hadn't looked closely enough. Still not sure about white either though. Time to decide though.

Thanks

Sponsored

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could it be that Carbonized Gray, and Carbonized Gray Metallic, are clearly 2 different things? Thatā€™s what it appears to me and would make sense based on how the color reflects in light.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could it be that Carbonized Gray, and Carbonized Gray Metallic, are clearly 2 different things? Thatā€™s what it appears to me and would make sense based on how the color reflects in light.
Very different; The roof has pigment mixed into a textured plastic before the roof is formed and the resulting product looks more like it's coated with primer. The paint matched with metallic plus a clear coat sprayed on a smooth surface will look as though they are 2 different colors.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe we are in the minority here but I agree. I actually love the gray. I donā€™t mind the contrast to the black handles, trail sights, bumpers, etc. Would I prefer matte or satin black? Sure, but I still love the gray. Iā€™d also love to see white tops rolling around town. Such a classic look. Iā€™d also love to see soft top two doors running around as well, but such is life. Iā€™m just so stoked to see this vehicle as a reality, Iā€™m probably more forgiving of things not offered on the Bronco than I would be on an existing vehicle like the f150, or Wrangler/Gladiator.
The grey will fade.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is Carbonized Gray on the Mach E which is pretty close to the grille and hardtop. The MIC plastic will have a bit more of a flatter finish than the paint but the colors should be close.

Carbonized Grey Mach-E Mustang 2.jpg
The gray hardtop is plastic and will fade.

32A3AF2C-0A93-4E63-871C-88D1789F1027.jpeg
Sponsored