2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What we need to do is start threads for regional swaps. If someone in Denver wanted a black top, and someone ordering a Wildtrak wanted the grey for some reason, let them get together and work out the purchases and a price for the swap. Like Tinder for grilles, options, and accessories. :LOL:
Perfect. I'm in Denver too but I'll need you to order a white 4door bronco if they allow body colored tops and they don't allow my wife to order a white top on her cactus grey 4dr lol. I can then trade you the standard top and $ or the painted black top.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Perfect. I'm in Denver too but I'll need you to order a white 4door bronco if they allow body colored tops and they don't allow my wife to order a white top on her cactus grey 4dr lol. I can then trade you the standard top and $ or the painted black top.
I’m serious about this. I think it would be beneficial to a lot of buyers.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford's website has been very fluid over the last 6 weeks. Back then I cut & pasted all the BD info into a word doc for reference....and back in July, the BD info included this option:

Modular Hard Top Body Color-Painted

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im pretty sure this is incorrect.

Scroll up to the pic of that blue 2 door. That top is Carbonized Gray AND it has the removable panel over the rear seats.

It looks like both the MIC and the Modular hard tops on the 2 door have the removable panel over the back seats.

The Modular top is different in that it has the pop out cargo windows and its painted.

According to Ford website today, for the 2 door:

MIC top in Carbonized Gray is the only top available for Trims up thru Black Diamond.

For the OB and BL, top options are either the MIC top in Carbonized Gray or the Modular Top in Shadow Black painted.

For Wildtrack and First Edition, only top option is the Modular Shadow Black Painted.

That top in the above picture has the removable panel over the rear seats, and it is Carbonized Gray, so it must be the Molded In Color top.
That image of the 2-door top on the colorizer used to be the color matched version before it was pulled from the literature. Ford didn't draw a new top to represent the MIC top. They just locked the original painted top into the Carbonized Gray and let it ride. No one but the most hardcore enthusiasts would likely ever notice. I'm sure that was their line of thinking.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
That image of the 2-door top on the colorizer used to be the color matched version before it was pulled from the literature. Ford didn't draw a new top to represent the MIC top. They just locked the original painted top into the Carbonized Gray and let it ride. No one but the most hardcore enthusiasts would likely ever notice. I'm sure that was their line of thinking.

... I clicked to that page everyday (bookmarked) for clarification.

... perhaps as mentioned in this thread they did a copy/paste.

Not amused on their accuracy :cautious:

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does the 2dr only come w/ Hard Top???

Don't quote me on it, but I believe so.

I was not wanting this option, and I'm getting a 2 door so I research further into this as the 2 door gets the MIC top as standard on the Base.

For those that prefer a soft top on their 2 door I hope yall have that option, but I am not sure.

when the B&P arrives for all, all our question and anticipation are hopefully answered :cool:(y)

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even more funky.... if you zoom in close on the 2-door colorizer images, you'll notice crude touch-up (or cover up) like bad photoshop with a shade pen line clearly visible in certain angle views. So not much credence can be taken from the shading or anything else related to top shown.

MIC gray colorizer top.png

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't quote me on it, but I believe so.

I was not wanting this option, and I'm getting a 2 door so I research further into this as the 2 door gets the MIC top as standard on the Base.

For those that prefer a soft top on their 2 door I hope yall have that option, but I am not sure.

when the B&P arrives for all, all our question and anticipation are hopefully answered :cool:(y)
So far from what we know you're gonna have to go aftermarket for a soft top on the 2-door unless something changes.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far from what we know you're gonna have to go aftermarket for a soft top on the 2-door unless something changes.
On the alleged accessory list that was posted in another thread a few weeks ago there were intended to be several soft top/mesh accessories for 2 DR offered at the build.....but in addition to, not in lieu of, the standard hard top

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m serious about this. I think it would be beneficial to a lot of buyers.
The problem I see is if you need to ship, it would be very costly. They're too big for UPS, so would need to go by truck.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The problem I see is if you need to ship, it would be very costly. They're too big for UPS, so would need to go by truck.
Oh it would have to be regional for sure. I wouldn’t pay to ship a hard top under any circumstances, but if a couple of folks within a couple hundred miles wanted to meet in the middle and trade tops in a parking lot, why not?

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What gets me and maybe I'm just lost is 4door has to come with a top? Right?

So how in the world are they adding $3000 for it. Soft top should be part of the base Badlands price of $44,590.

Badlands

2.3L EcoBoost 10 Speed Auto - $1,600
2.7L EcoBoost 10 Speed Auto - $3,500
Mid Package - $1500
High Package - $2,700
Lux Package - $5000
Sasquatch Package - $2,500
Hard Top Molded in Carbonized Grey - $700
Hard Top Molded in Shadow Black With Removable Glass - $1,900
Hard Top Molded in Carbonized Grey with Soft Top - $3,700
Towing Package with 2" receiver - $600
Roof Rack with Rails and Crossbars- $400