Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
keeping black plastic looking black is a nightmare. I feel like I go through more of that meguars ultimate black more than any other cleaner
I'm not an expert here as I only detailed and restored cars for a decade, and that devolved into boutique detailing for select clients long ago (customers are the worst!)

But your problem is that you're using a garbage product and wondering why it doesn't work. At least you didn't say "Back to black", which is possibly the only shi%%&^# product you could possibly be using to restore or protect black plastics.

If you want to actually re-finish black plastics, may I suggest Solution Finish. This stuff actually penetrates the plastic and will restore it's color. I've even used this without any surface prep work on a neighbor's stupid JEEP with fender plastics that had turned to a white powder appearance. Penetrated perfectly on the first pass and they still look good 5 years later.

Solution Finish: Black plastic and vinyl restorer

Treated/untreated
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray solution-finish-kit-3[1]

Before/after
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray sf-action-1[1]
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray sf-action-2[1]

I have been quite upset about the only hard top on the 2-doors being grey. So if I have to get stuck with that then i'll be trying the new Solution Finish for grey plastics.

Solution Finish: Grey plastic restorer

Also, using a UV protectant such as 303 aerospace protectant will go a long way in preventing the fading from starting.

FYI: The small, $15 bottle of Solution Finish Black should be enough to do about 20 Jeeps, restoring every single piece of faded black plastic and fender on every single one of them. That stuff just keeps spreading like a champ!

solution-finish-kit-3[1].jpg

sf-action-1[1].jpg

sf-action-2[1].jpg
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just imagine if that was painted to match with a nice glossy finish. It would give me ulcers. lol
When I saw that, I wondered if a painted top would probably still look new? That finish appears to be pretty fragile.

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not for $3,700 (dual top)
Agreed, I was thinking a few hundred, they are already painted, just paint the same as body color.

Sponsored

anfo

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 toyota tundra limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could have swore when I first checked the Ford site it had color matched painted top for the 2 door badlands as a option and not just the MIC grey, which I personally think looks horrendous. So no color matched hardtop for 2 doors ?

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
when I first checked the Ford site it had color matched painted top for the 2 door badlands as a option and not just the MIC grey,
7/14 Ford site said the same for BD

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prolly been covered, but help me out please. Are color matched top options still in the mix?

anfo

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 toyota tundra limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prolly been covered, but help me out please. Are color matched top options still in the mix?
From what I have been reading ,, it appears the color matched hardtops are for the 4 door only. ATM it seems 2 door can only get MIC grey and painted black.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone gauged what colors will
Work best with the (uugh) grey HT?
I liked the cactus grey and carbonized grey, seems to blend in better..
Thoughts?

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if ford plays bait & switch, they'll lose me.
They already have. The body colored modular hard top was most definitely an option on the 2 door for the first few weeks after launch. It was listed as an option and even used on the 2 door colorizer until they switched it out when they thought no one was looking. Such a Ford move.
Sponsored