First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if ford plays bait & switch, they'll lose me.
I can’t figure out why they aren’t set on what options go with what trims. Strange to me that things have changed from the initial launch for options
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not an expert here as I only detailed and restored cars for a decade, and that devolved into boutique detailing for select clients long ago (customers are the worst!)

But your problem is that you're using a garbage product and wondering why it doesn't work. At least you didn't say "Back to black", which is possibly the only shi%%&^# product you could possibly be using to restore or protect black plastics.

If you want to actually re-finish black plastics, may I suggest Solution Finish. This stuff actually penetrates the plastic and will restore it's color. I've even used this without any surface prep work on a neighbor's stupid JEEP with fender plastics that had turned to a white powder appearance. Penetrated perfectly on the first pass and they still look good 5 years later.

Solution Finish: Black plastic and vinyl restorer

Treated/untreated
solution-finish-kit-3[1].jpg

Before/after
sf-action-1[1].jpg
sf-action-2[1].jpg

I have been quite upset about the only hard top on the 2-doors being grey. So if I have to get stuck with that then i'll be trying the new Solution Finish for grey plastics.

Solution Finish: Grey plastic restorer

Also, using a UV protectant such as 303 aerospace protectant will go a long way in preventing the fading from starting.

FYI: The small, $15 bottle of Solution Finish Black should be enough to do about 20 Jeeps, restoring every single piece of faded black plastic and fender on every single one of them. That stuff just keeps spreading like a champ!

solution-finish-kit-3[1].jpg

sf-action-1[1].jpg

sf-action-2[1].jpg
I love me some aerosoace 303...use it on my jeep soft top and all my plastic door panels in the jeep and truck. Even use it on my jeep’s rollbar padding.

Sponsored

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not an expert here as I only detailed and restored cars for a decade, and that devolved into boutique detailing for select clients long ago (customers are the worst!)

But your problem is that you're using a garbage product and wondering why it doesn't work. At least you didn't say "Back to black", which is possibly the only shi%%&^# product you could possibly be using to restore or protect black plastics.

If you want to actually re-finish black plastics, may I suggest Solution Finish. This stuff actually penetrates the plastic and will restore it's color. I've even used this without any surface prep work on a neighbor's stupid JEEP with fender plastics that had turned to a white powder appearance. Penetrated perfectly on the first pass and they still look good 5 years later.

Solution Finish: Black plastic and vinyl restorer

Treated/untreated
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray simp

Before/after

I have been quite upset about the only hard top on the 2-doors being grey. So if I have to get stuck with that then i'll be trying the new Solution Finish for grey plastics.

Solution Finish: Grey plastic restorer

Also, using a UV protectant such as 303 aerospace protectant will go a long way in preventing the fading from starting.

FYI: The small, $15 bottle of Solution Finish Black should be enough to do about 20 Jeeps, restoring every single piece of faded black plastic and fender on every single one of them. That stuff just keeps spreading like a champ!

Just ordered the solution finish. thanks the the reco, Rick

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone gauged what colors will
Work best with the (uugh) grey HT?
I liked the cactus grey and carbonized grey, seems to blend in better..
Thoughts?
I've only thought of the colors that the base can get (since I'm getting a base trim 2 door), I've thought in the way of what would play ball with the MIC top, and what would dominate it.

I feel eventhough the top is a small part of the vehicle if you are looking at it in comparison to the body color and rim color, the grey coloring of the MIC top is distracting enough that it grips my attention away initially from any other vehicle part (... or is this just me ? ).

I think as a color to team up, or work together with the MIC top, Iconic silver (to me) looks like a decent blend.
I like some of the pics I've seen, and the shiny metal look it has.

Some dominating colors, I think of the darker colors like, Antimatter blue, Carbonized grey, and if you like-Shadow black (we've seen many pics of this combo and it works for me as a fall back ... that is if you like the color for your vehicle- some don't).

... I would hope to see more real life pics (or in person) the colors I have chosen on real production vehicles and less renders so we can all pick what colors we would like.

:cool:(y)

Deleted member 2346

Yeah the grey top looks silly when the handles and flares are black. And a gloss black looks just as silly. Ford trying to be different. Don’t do it Ford. Lol

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably make it black? Which I'm good with. I'm using mine for the plastic on my 2014 WK2. Started fading around 2018.
If so that’s an even easier solution than rhino lining it Matte black. DIY, cheap and won’t take more than an afternoon

Edit: @BroncoGuy would this work on the type of material used for the MIC top? Could it theoretically make a grey top appear black?

Last edited:

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If so that’s an even easier solution than rhino lining it Matte black. DIY, cheap and won’t take more than an afternoon

Edit: @BroncoGuy would this work on the type of material used for the MIC top? Could it theoretically make a grey top appear black?
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray IMG_20200904_104056

This stuff seems to penetrate well. I think if you removed any sealers/wax from the MIC gray top you could probably get it this black

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might be in the minority but I like the MIC top in Gray, BUT I would prefer the MIC in White?