First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As some of you may know from my various posts, I had a reservation placed with a dealer who converted it to an order without my consent. Many attempts to get them to retract this failed, and I was finally able to get my time-stamp transferred to my preferred dealer, but the order was still out there going to the original dealer.

I have been getting notifications of that unit (OuterBanks, 2.3 auto, MIC, Lux, tow, roast cloth,) getting a VIN and build dates well ahead of my final order (Badlands, similar options), and I have gotten duplicate of invitations to Off-Roadeo, the matchbox kits and the infamous Bronco prints.

This morning I actually got a call from that dealer letting me know that, despite my request to cancel the order, it was actually now built and awaiting shipment, and offering to put my name back on it and sell it to me (even at the originally agreed price), if I thought I might want it. I let him know that I have known about the status as Ford still sends the updates to me, but I have to give them kudos for this as I know they will be able to sell this "in a minute" for well more than MSRP. They wanted to give me 24 hours to think about it.

My original thought was to buy and resell it, since I am fortunate enough to (supposedly) have one coming in the next few weeks (unless the MIC top fiasco worsens). Now, I'm thinking "Let it go" and hoping someone will enjoy it. They may already have a buyer, since they changed the color from AMB to Ox White. If not, there is probably on opportunity for someone soon, unless I get mercenary about this quickly...

EDIT:
Update - I "let it go". I was really hoping to find someone who was waiting for this rather than have it hitting the "open market". The dealer assured me that they were going to go down their reservation list (in order) to offer it to reservation holders. I could not ask for anything better for them to do, so hopefully this will make a 'deserving someone' happy soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Though I hate to see the dealership benefit from doing you wrong in the first place. I think letting it go is probably the right thing to do. Assuming the other order you have being built is a result of moving that original order it may be seen as ā€œdouble dippingā€ šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish I had this dilemma. My karma must suck

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buying it would be a headache but Iā€™d rather buy it and sell it for what it cost you to buy it and letting someone enjoy without their 10K markup.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Split it with them. I can't imagine trying to sell a 50-60k 'used' vehicle to a private party....but they can sell it new....

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As for the "FankenBronco" both are Ox White, so that is out...

As for karma, yes, I really don't want to be "that guy" but it is a real temptation to 'cash in'. I'm hoping that they offer it to someone on their wait list rather than externally to someone who has not endured this past year of anticipation and agony

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you donā€™t want it Iā€™m sure someone on this form would!

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would 100% buy and sell. I would not mark it up by anything crazy. But why not make a quick and easy 5K? If you simply let it go to the dealer someone else will get one which is nice but no way the dealer does not mark that thing up 10k or more.

With that said I may not be the best role model.

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buying it would be a headache but Iā€™d rather buy it and sell it for what it cost you to buy it and letting someone enjoy without their 10K markup.
the sales tax would add $3500, plus whatever fees and so you are already at likely $5K above MSRP before the buyer would have to then pay tax and fees to their state...

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you donā€™t want it Iā€™m sure someone on this form would!
that is why I mention it - i'm betting 90% they have a buyer, but if not, I wanted somebody here to be able to snag it.

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Split it with them. I can't imagine trying to sell a 50-60k 'used' vehicle to a private party....but they can sell it new....
I had actually thought at one point that if they would get me a couple of the accessories (soft top and some other things) then I'd walk from it and they could sell. I'm sure their cost to those goods would be worth it for them, and for me, but they likely really do not need to do anything for me, so I have no leverage, and I was pleased they decided to do the right thing and offer it to me. Don't want to be a jerk above that...

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WOW, taxes are High in NJ