First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sell to a friend? Don't tell me you don't have a friend who would love to have one?
Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you can buy it and sell it for a small markup. If this dealer was not straight forward with you in the beginning then chances are they will put a huge markup on it. You can check their vehicle window stickers and see there normal dealer markup for high demand vehicles. For instance, Hawaii dealers mark up $5K-7K above MSRP. If a dealer is gonna sell it for $10K over then you can buy it and sell it for $5K over. The person buying it from you gets a 21MY they get it early, dealer gets a sale at MSRP and you get $5K for your troubles. That sounds like a win to me...

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As some of you may know from my various posts, I had a reservation placed with a dealer who converted it to an order without my consent. Many attempts to get them to retract this failed, and I was finally able to get my time-stamp transferred to my preferred dealer, but the order was still out there going to the original dealer.

I have been getting notifications of that unit (OuterBanks, 2.3 auto, MIC, Lux, tow, roast cloth,) getting a VIN and build dates well ahead of my final order (Badlands, similar options), and I have gotten duplicate of invitations to Off-Roadeo, the matchbox kits and the infamous Bronco prints.

This morning I actually got a call from that dealer letting me know that, despite my request to cancel the order, it was actually now built and awaiting shipment, and offering to put my name back on it and sell it to me (even at the originally agreed price), if I thought I might want it. I let him know that I have known about the status as Ford still sends the updates to me, but I have to give them kudos for this as I know they will be able to sell this "in a minute" for well more than MSRP. They wanted to give me 24 hours to think about it.

My original thought was to buy and resell it, since I am fortunate enough to (supposedly) have one coming in the next few weeks (unless the MIC top fiasco worsens). Now, I'm thinking "Let it go" and hoping someone will enjoy it. They may already have a buyer, since they changed the color from AMB to Ox White. If not, there is probably on opportunity for someone soon, unless I get mercenary about this quickly...

Update - I "let it go". I was really hoping to find someone who was waiting for this rather than have it hitting the "open market". The dealer assured me that they were going to go down their reservation list (in order) to offer it to reservation holders. I could not ask for anything better for them to do, so hopefully this will make a 'deserving someone' happy soon.
Sponsored