Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this has been discussed to death, but what is the current thinking/guesses on what the color of the MIC top will be? So far, we've seen everything from light gray to pretty much black. The B&P is all over the place. Ditto with respect to the pre-production builds we've seen. It seemed to be getting darker over time, but now some very gray images are surfacing again. This is obviously a pretty significant issue when it comes to picking a paint color. Any intel on whether Ford is likely to give us some idea of what the production color will be any time soon? Sorry for beating a dead horse here.
Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
I know this has been discussed to death, but what is the current thinking/guesses on what the color of the MIC top will be? So far, we've seen everything from light gray to pretty much black. The B&P is all over the place. Ditto with respect to the pre-production builds we've seen. It seemed to be getting darker over time, but now some very gray images are surfacing again. This is obviously a pretty significant issue when it comes to picking a paint color. Any intel on whether Ford is likely to give us some idea of what the production color will be any time soon? Sorry for beating a dead horse here.
Its carbonized grey with a rough plastic feel

Sponsored

Chuckster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly don't care, the various variations we've seen a real fine IMO. The bigger issue to me is does the top match the fender flares? Sort of like does the hair match the carpet....sort of important to me!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesnā€™t and thatā€™s part of what makes it look so bad.

Itā€™s carbonized Grey. Besides the badlands grill the rest of the trim on every Bronco is matte black.

Ford got too cute I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see it change in future years.

For ā€˜21 it should have been MIC black and optional Mod painted white. Weā€™d hear close to zero complaints on the top and thereā€™d be no confusion about the colors either lol

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Matte grey with a bumpier finish giving it scratch resistant.

The question is why not the same finish but MIC black?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought one of our people on the inside said thatā€™s itā€™s been getting noticeably darker over time...

...still not *black*... but much closer to it than the grays we saw at the beginning.

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I thought one of our people on the inside said thatā€™s itā€™s been getting noticeably darker over time...

...still not *black*... but much closer to it than the grays we saw at the beginning.

Mystery Insider, please give latest color guidance!
Sponsored