First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good Evening, friends. Has anyone else notice the deviation of paint shades between the sport and the regular? On the sport "carbonized grey" presents the same as Fords old "mineral grey", yet if you observe the 2 door it appears to be quite dark. A similar variation can be said about "Area 51" with the Sport more of a blue color and the 2 door more of a grey-blue. Any speculations as to which will be correct?
Sponsored

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at the Colorizer and see how each color has 2 shades in the little circle. One shade is the color in sunlight and the other shade is the color in shadow. Spin the car around and see how one side is in sunlight and the other side is in shadow. They are showing how each color looks in different light.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ddtcm81

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Look at the Colorizer and see how each color has 2 shades in the little circle. One shade is the color in sunlight and the other shade is the color in shadow. Spin the car around and see how one side is in sunlight and the other side is in shadow. They are showing how each color looks in different light.
Thank you for the reply, that make sense, and I fully understand that. However, the Sports Carbonized grey is almost Brown (in the sun and shade), while the Broncos Carbonized grey is a very dark grey(in the sun and shade)- a very large deviation between the two. I do not want to end up with a brownish bronco at all (haha).

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just went to the Colorizer and checked out both the Bronco and Bronco Sport with Oxford White, Cactus Gray, and Carbonized Gray. Both models were taken on dirt/sand that is brown. And having seen photos of these models in all three colors it looks to me that the Colorizer is making the paint look more brown since the ground is reflecting into the paint. But I do see what you are saying about the Bronco Sport vs the Bronco in the Carbonized Gray - which is actually the only real gray that Ford is offering - and am disappointed that the Fighter Jet Gray is not being offered. But the only way to know for sure what the color looks like is to see the real thing up close and in different lighting.

OP
OP
Ddtcm81

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just went to the Colorizer and checked out both the Bronco and Bronco Sport with Oxford White, Cactus Gray, and Carbonized Gray. Both models were taken on dirt/sand that is brown. And having seen photos of these models in all three colors it looks to me that the Colorizer is making the paint look more brown since the ground is reflecting into the paint. But I do see what you are saying about the Bronco Sport vs the Bronco in the Carbonized Gray - which is actually the only real gray that Ford is offering - and am disappointed that the Fighter Jet Gray is not being offered. But the only way to know for sure what the color looks like is to see the real thing up close and in different lighting.
if only we could get dark shadow gray from the 03-04 mach 1 mustang, or liquid gray from the gt, or even the abyss gray from the f150. I like the Carbonized gray and I hope it is as dark as it appears on the two door.

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Evening, friends. Has anyone else notice the deviation of paint shades between the sport and the regular? On the sport "carbonized grey" presents the same as Fords old "mineral grey", yet if you observe the 2 door it appears to be quite dark. A similar variation can be said about "Area 51" with the Sport more of a blue color and the 2 door more of a grey-blue. Any speculations as to which will be correct?
Hopefully Ford dealers will have physical examples of the paint in showrooms, even if it's just in a brochure, before order time. Even if the colorizer wasn't just a cartoon you can't trust your computer/phone monitor. RGB color (screens) is just different the CMKY color (paint).

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Carbonized Gray Metallic appears to be similar to Ford's older Sterling Gray with a heavier metalflake treatment.

There is no green/brown tint in the metalflake like you see with Mineral Gray.

(We have a Mineral Gray Flex and a Magnetic Explorer, and used to have a Sterling Gray Escape)

OP
OP
Ddtcm81

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully Ford dealers will have physical examples of the paint in showrooms, even if it's just in a brochure, before order time. Even if the colorizer wasn't just a cartoon you can't trust your computer/phone monitor. RGB color (screens) is just different the CMKY color (paint).
You are correct, hope they will do something like that as well.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure they just renamed fighter jet to cactus grey. Looks the same as the color leak, to me anyway

OP
OP
Ddtcm81

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty sure they just renamed fighter jet to cactus grey. Looks the same as the color leak, to me anyway
That would be a plus! as long as it doesn't have a green tint.... you know... like a cactus hahaha

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would be a plus! as long as it doesn't have a green tint.... you know... like a cactus hahaha
I thought fighter jet had a green tint, that’s why I liked it. Otherwise you just get grey

OP
OP
Ddtcm81

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought fighter jet had a green tint, that’s why I liked it. Otherwise you just get grey
maybe, I am not too sure. I was hoping it would be closer to abyss gray or Toyotas cement gray.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Carbonized Grey
Ford Bronco Color Variation between models. 636FB2E3-5C6C-4FAC-97FE-72CF80667989

Cactus Grey(Guy who took this photo said it was pretty true to color, compared it to the Cement Grey, but with a hint of green. Also said it changed hues quite a bit depending on angle/sun.)
Ford Bronco Color Variation between models. 88E1A39A-FEA3-430B-9BC7-E95E58F22E46

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
maybe, I am not too sure. I was hoping it would be closer to abyss gray or Toyotas cement gray.
That guy that saw the Broncos in the hotel parking lot initially called the cactus gray one “blue”. I think it is going to take on quite a different tint depending on the lighting.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not the same - cactus gray looks like a cactus - green. But Ford does have a fighter jet gray - for the Mustang - and it is light also but a true gray - no green in it.
Sponsored