Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no experience with the local Ford dealers (both of my cars are Acuras) so feedback on service is something I'll be watching closely.

I take both of my Acuras to my local dealer for service and they treat me very well (and I do pay a premium for it I'm sure). It's easy to schedule and reschedule, get a loaner, etc and they have always been up front about service that is really needed and pointed out things that could be done as preventative but not necessary to be done immediately.

I'm hoping one of my local Ford dealers (between Castle Rock and Centennial) are as good to work with for service.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Trade-in is addressed in this thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-–-trade-in-guide.3870/

One thing I am not sure is whether we will be eligible for the tax credit for the trade-in when the transaction is out of state, this could be a good amount of savings based on the trade-in value. I am planning to trade-in my 2017 JKUR which could save me around $2400 in taxes (8% of $30,000 trade0in) value.
Can we clarification on this from Granger. Can they give the tax credit if we were to trade in our old vehicle out of state?

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I'm not sure if any of the Broncos from this group will be left for shipping from Granger by the time I get mine (I didn't reserve until about two weeks ago), I'm assuming that I might not be able to save any money on shipping by combining with the rest of you. So, I've already planned out how I want to drive back to the Denver area in order to a) avoid highways during the break in period, and b) actually see something scenic unlike the drive on I-80, a.k.a. the quickest way between Granger and Denver.

The quickest way between Granger and my house on Google Maps with the "Avoid Highways" option selected is 12 hours and 5 minutes, but doesn't go through anything particularly pretty. Nebraska has a couple of marked scenic routes in the North of the state according to this site, so it looks like I can do (with very minimal interstate driving):

Iowa Highway 141 NW out of Granger all the way to Smithland, Iowa
Old Highway 141 NW to near Sioux CIty, Iowa
US Highway 20 West to Willis, Nebraska
NE Highway 12 West to Valentine, Nebraska
US Highway 20 West to Van Tassell, Wyoming
Wyoming Highway 159 South to Torrington, Wyoming
US Highway 85 South to Colorado and points beyond

This route hits the Outlaw Trail (scenic bluffs, waterfalls, a city with a population of 1, and buffalo herds) as well as the Bridges to Buttes Highway (Agate Fossil Beds National Monument, and the Sandhills).

According to Google Maps, that puts me at 14 hours and 33 minutes, or only a little over 2 hours longer than the quickest non-highway route. For me, since I'm a road trip nerd, well worth it to see something a little prettier.

Also, if you wanted to break the trip up into two about equal days, Valentine, Nebraska has a couple of hotels (Super 8 and others).

Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone switching to Granger but contemplating flying out and driving home instead.

Chris
I was looking at the same kind of thing; it looks like you found more than I did. The Kansas/Nebraska drive is ... not on my list of things I want to repeat.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at the same kind of thing; it looks like you found more than I did. The Kansas/Nebraska drive is ... not on my list of things I want to repeat.
Understood, and as someone who went to University of Kansas (hence my name) and lived in KC for a long time, that I-70 drive is one I've done way too often. I've heard that Nebraska (for a plains state) is actually pretty anywhere other than I-80, so I started doing a little research on where exactly, and that itinerary looked pretty solid.

Chris

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understood, and as someone who went to University of Kansas (hence my name) and lived in KC for a long time, that I-70 drive is one I've done way too often. I've heard that Nebraska (for a plains state) is actually pretty anywhere other than I-80, so I started doing a little research on where exactly, and that itinerary looked pretty solid.

Chris
Jahawkco, I grew up in Nebraska and the I-80 drive is not great. There are some great areas but you need to venture off the beaten path.

Give roadtrippers.com a look. I have posted it a few times. Came across it as I am going to be driving home from Granger to Atlanta. I knew that there had to be a better way to route things than just Googlemaps.

This website and app will allow you to pick areas of interest on the map by making selections. You can then create your custom route on the areas you want to see. I found some great new areas to explore. Hope is helps. Always a fan of your basketball team.

Another thought for those heading back to Colorado is to stop at lake Mcconaughy. It is 21 miles long and has some great sandy beaches to storm!

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m starting to think that after a long day, I read “use tax” and my brain processed it as the “ownership tax.” I have far less confidence in this than I did an hour ago. I’ll still call the Dept of Revenue tomorrow to confirm.
Yep, I was dead wrong. Apologies to everyone for getting hopes up.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep, I was dead wrong. Apologies to everyone for getting hopes up.
Did you get any clarity from Dept. of Revenue whether we will get tax credit for trade-ins in case of out of state purchases?

rancid53

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is your dealer giving you invoice or below invoice pricing? I didn’t see that in your comments. That’s where @Granger_ford is saving you $

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you mean the $275 X-Plan fee, then yes, they have to charge that per Ford's very strict X-Plan rules. But the extra $300 in their offer to X-Plan folks is aimed at covering that added cost, which non-X-Plan buyers don't have to pay.
That's what I thought, but in the math above, it doesn't have that listed.
@North7 probably can provide some insight on this, I believe there has been some discussion around this and a newer V 10 which was developed and reverted to the V9 to exclude $275 from the calculation.
Here is how the X-Plan Administration Fee of $275 is figured into your X-Plan transaction, this is per the Ford X-Plan rules document.

X-Plan document "Administration Fee" quote:
"The fee ($275 for 2010MY and later vehicles) is included in the AXZD-Plan price collected from the customer on Ford's behalf at the time of vehicle sale.
The dealership should not add the fee into the transaction, as the AXZD-Plan vehicle price has already been "grossed-up" by the amount of the fee."
What is shown in the X-Plan rules sample invoice is the X-Plan Price has already been "grossed-up", meaning, they have added:
Invoice Price + Destination & Deliver Fee + $275 Admin Fee = "grossed-up" X-Plan cost.

In my spreadsheet, I have to create this number myself, which I do by adding:
Invoice Price + Destination & Deliver Fee + $275 Admin Fee = "grossed-up" X-Plan cost.

However, what is important to understand is that you will receive a custom prepared X-Plan Invoice, by Ford, for your individual Bronco. The total you will see will already include the $275 Administration Fee. So yes, the customer pays this fee, but it is precalculated into the total X-Plan cost. It is simply in my spreadsheet to calculate how Ford creates the X-Plan Total Invoice cost you will pay.

NOTE: My example above is for normal X-Plan pricing, from any Ford Dealer, it is not a discussion of the special Granger Ford hybrid $1,300 offer for X-Plan customers.

Disclaimer: Regarding final pricing rules for X-Plan, the current -0.4% is an example only, from the Ford X-Plan document. Each model has its own custom percentage that may be below or above the Invoice price. Once Ford releases the Bronco X-Plan pricing program I will update my spreadsheet.

2021 Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Invoice and Below Invoice)

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry I have been away for a couple of days and this thread only had 5 pages If I have missed something please ask again...

Albert
If we were to have a trade in can you still get the tax credit from the trade in if we were to trade it in at your dealership even though you are out of state? Ex...trade in 20k new vehicle 35k only pay tax on 15k difference..... thanks.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we were to have a trade in can you still get the tax credit from the trade in if we were to trade it in at your dealership even though you are out of state? Ex...trade in 20k new vehicle 35k only pay tax on 15k difference..... thanks.
that is per individual state...Some do that others do not...

If yours does then you will pay taxes on the trade difference not the full price...

We are not collecting out of state taxes and tags...

If you are financing it and need to put that in the loan we just need to know the rates for taxes and tags, at that point we will include them and cut you back the check to pay for it...

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, with all the excitement about the deal Granger is offering is someone able to tell me roughly what the difference between Invoice and MSRP could be...because I live in AZ and by the time I pay for shipping I wonder if I am better off sticking with my dealer..who is clear that all they do is MSRP and honor the X Plan.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK, with all the excitement about the deal Granger is offering is someone able to tell me roughly what the difference between Invoice and MSRP could be...because I live in AZ and by the time I pay for shipping I wonder if I am better off sticking with my dealer..who is clear that all they do is MSRP and honor the X Plan.
There has been A LOT of confusion on X-Plan, invoice, and fees so let me take a shot at clearing some things up (please correct me if any of this is wrong). If this is correct, I'll add it to the original post for reference:

Basic example if the invoice price (not MSRP) comes to $50,000:
  • Standard X-Plan: $50,000 x .996 = $49,800 + $275 admin fee +$100 DOC fee = $50,175
  • Granger offer: $50,000 - $1,300 + $45 transit fee +$100 DOC fee = $48,845
  • Difference of $1,330
Some dealers may require additional dealer installed accessories (i.e. paint protection, undercoat, car alarm, their own financing terms, etc.) so just because they say they will honor the X-Plan, does not mean that they cannot add things and force you to pay for them – make sure you get it in writing that they will not require anything in addition to factory. From what I've read, @Granger Ford will not be requiring add-ons like this.

One other thing to remember is group shipping to Denver, CO is an estimated $425 (or more if one-off shipping). Obviously, the extra cost for going to Granger and bringing the Bronco back on your own will vary as well. A number of folks are approaching this like a mini-vacation and adventure by going to Granger to get their Bronco.

Lastly, the amount above does not include the destination fee (roughly $1,500) and sales and use taxes (which are based on where you live – not where you buy).

Colorado guy posted this in the previous page.
Sponsored