Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah, I have been in for a while. That was my selection as well on that poll.

The Georgia dealers are the same as everywhere else it seems. Many of us have already switched. I switched in early August after speaking with Albert.

Can’t wait to be a part of this great Granger movement. Annual Broncotown, USA fest. Similar to Sturgis but for Broncos!

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might want to add a poll on the first post OP. This is so tempting, damnit!! It would make surprising my wife so much easier and it’s way less work. On the flip side I want that trade in tax credit and I would kind of be sad to not meet Albert tbh. Decisions, decisions.
Come on Bronco4lyfe85. You have been in on the trip for a while. I know, the trip through the land of the devils to the East presents a challenge?.

You have to meet Albert and the crew. Cool that you are working a surprise for your wife. It will certainly make it easier to say, “great day for a drive, let’s head down to Centennial and back for a spin.“ Instead of “we are getting on a plane and heading to Iowa!“

Now you have some good options. Enjoyed your posts. Shows you we can have different teams but all come together on the Bronco!

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These new cars are all 50 state legal
I contacted the California DMV and took that very long wait time and they told me that any car coming out of state has the pass California emission laws. Can you please share any info that you have showing that they are producing the same vehicle for every state. Plus you have to license it in the state that you purchase it in so your tax and licensing will be done again when transferring the title to California which I’m not an expert at

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been very tempted to switch just because of my reservation dealer.: hasn't been real bad but also no communication, and are known to change their mind on commitments even if in writing.
Just waiting for the B&P and to talk to them and see what comes up so may be in on this.

Not to be a wet blanket, but the logistics of delivery are could be a real nightmare depending on how Ford builds them: I didn't take a count on possible people in on this, but has to be 20+ so it's possible that you could wait days or weeks till the truck gets full for a delivery run. Of course nothing is known yet on that so pure speculation on my part.

And lastly, an alternative to check into on the transport: I've used them previously and quite a few dealers here in the Springs use them as well:
Diamond Express
Being local for what it's worth might come up with a better price?
Just a thought

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I contacted the California DMV and took that very long wait time and they told me that any car coming out of state has the pass California emission laws. Can you please share any info that you have showing that they are producing the same vehicle for every state. Plus you have to license it in the state that you purchase it in so your tax and licensing will be done again when transferring the title to California which I’m not an expert at
You sir are brave for contacting the DMV!
I have no docs, but I don’t see any way that any manufacture builds a California specific vehicle. if a car is 50 state emissions legal, it would imply that it meets the strictest guidelines and that would be California’s.

Cars transfer ownership state to state several thousand times a day.

@Granger Ford or anyone with more car knowledge can answer this better than I.

I’m just going to use AAA’s DMV services to register and title , and get a smog test when I get back to CA.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no docs, but I don’t see any way that any manufacture builds a California specific vehicle. if a car is 50 state emissions legal, it would imply that it meets the strictest guidelines and that would be California’s.

I’m just going to use AAA’s DMV services to register and title , and get a smog test when I get back to CA.
Also just a heads up you cannot do out-of-state license plate transfers at Chick-fil-A. Do you have to get a CHP to look at it and go to the DMV.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also just a heads up you cannot do out-of-state license plate transfers at Chick-fil-A. Do you have to get a CHP to look at it and go to the DMV.
what does the CHP inspect?
Smog test verifies emissions compliance.

Please share your documents to verify that. Never heard of any of that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what does the CHP inspect?
Smog test verifies emissions compliance.

Please share your documents to verify that. Never heard of any of that.
California is so ridiculous they had me take a motorcycle I had purchased from Georgia to get a CHP inspection for Vin verification and the Dmv wanted a small check when motorcycles don’t get smog checks. A lot of people at the DMV are ridiculous. I also purchased a vehicle from Missouri and I could not take care of that at Aaa

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
My question as well. And I'm still not convinced "A/Z" means the same as "every plan A through Z" because Mike is extremely careful with his word choice. Maybe he means A and Z, not necessary X.

Probably overthinking it but taking everything Mike says with a grain of salt, especially after the BnP delay
...I'm not sure if you know..A/Z is for Ford employee and retirees...which get a better deal than X plan..I'm eligible as a worker/retiree...

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base

..All Ford vehicles are 50 state legal and N/C

Supacoop22

Black Diamond
First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello fellow Coloradans (and nearby neighbors). A small group of us have been sharing notes on our progress working with our local Ford dealerships and in short, we all came to the same conclusion. Up to now, not a single CO dealership has been very transparent or are willing to be competitive with a well-known Ford dealer and member here, @Granger Ford. Albert has been nothing short of fabulous in this forum representing Granger Ford in Granger, IA (approximately 700 miles from Denver area) and for our small group, we decided to change our reservation to Granger and are inviting others to join us. For our small group, it came down to the combination of transparency and excellent pricing… and with that we decided to work with Granger.

So here are the details followed by links with more details. Granger is offering the following pricing for out of state buyers:

Invoice -$1,300 if you have X-Plan (if not, you can sign up for $25 here)
+$100 DOC
+$45 Transit tag
+$425 Group Shipping (handled by Granger) - this is a discounted shipping rate so there are a couple of caveats in this estimate:
1) this estimate could increase if fuel prices spike by delivery next year​
2) requires a full load of six vehicles (may have to wait until there are six vehicles ready to ship)​
3) add $250-300 for one-off shipping​

Granger pricing explained: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...icing-and-clarifications-for-the-masses.2296/

Granger pricing info for out of state buyers: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-out-of-state-customers.3950/

X-Plan clarification: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-x-plan-price-admin-fee-clarification.3524/

Changing dealership info: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-changing-dealerships-thread.2539/

Bonus decal from Granger: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-specific-decal-for-only-our-customers.4972/

The more that we have join in, the faster the deliveries will be… so please join us!

EDIT - changed DOC fee to $100 (with x-plan).
EDIT #2 - clarified that the shipping is being handled by Granger (not us).
count me in, I have a reservation at Brighton Ford, and I have not heard a word from them. I’m ready to switch as well

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I’m just curious is Granger going to have more reservations then every other dealer combined? Lol
Sponsored