Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger Ford is going to have a line of Bronco's stretching down the street!!
I think they will start putting up billboards welcoming people to Broncotown, USA as you approach Granger, IA!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't made the call to Ford to make the switch just yet. I was considering waiting until B&P is out before doing so, understanding that it may be a while. Granger Ford, are there any logistical concerns on your end if I switch later? Before the switch deadline of course.
When you make the change, here's what you will need to know:

Call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English; Opt 3 Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you make the change, here's what you will need to know:

Call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English; Opt 3 Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.
Thank you! Added this to original post.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Added this to original post.
You're very welcome... great idea to add this info to your original post.

BTW, I really like Albert!!! I expect all will go well for all you guy's and gal's!!!

Sponsored

FernieSanders

Badlands
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3, Bronco Badlands 4Dr NoSas MIC 2.7 CG High
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unless we coordinate a CA group buy ... :unsure:

I am curious though, because when I talked to my salesman and told him about some of the offers being done, such as Grangers - he told me that when it comes to X plan pricing, dealers are not allowed to budge on price by one penny... which makes it sound like, even if we have an X plan pin, Granger won't be using it - but will give us $1300 under invoice just for having the pin?

So - I don't understand how they can afford to do this? doesn't this mean they'll be losing $1300 on each Bronco they sell? What kind of sense does that make for them as a business?
There's more money there usually, something called "Dealer Holdback" which is money that the dealer gets if they meet certain criteria. So they are probably making $500 profit still despite going $1300 back of "invoice".

There's also a lot that has to do with the options that I won't get into. I know the GM of my store that I'm assigned to, I can ask him if he'd be interested in setting up a group buy.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holdback is inflated pricing that Ford charges dealers to acquire the vehicle but pays back when the vehicle is sold. Holdback on the Broncos is 2%, but if the dealer meets sales goals set by Ford, the payback improves to 3% IIRC. As a small-city dealer with smaller inventory, lot space and annual sales, Granger has cleverly seen the value of lightning-quick transactions of a high volume of Broncos, guaranteeing their holdback payout will max out. Ford will also reward their epic sales figures by giving them more inventory for their lot (when Ford eventually gets around to doing that for the Bronco).

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holdback is inflated pricing that Ford charges dealers to acquire the vehicle but pays back when the vehicle is sold. Holdback on the Broncos is 2%, but if the dealer meets sales goals set by Ford, the payback improves to 3% IIRC. As a small-city dealer with smaller inventory, lot space and annual sales, Granger has cleverly seen the value of lightning-quick transactions of a high volume of Broncos, guaranteeing their holdback payout will max out. Ford will also reward their epic sales figures by giving them more inventory for their lot (when Ford eventually gets around to doing that for the Bronco).
Truth. Especially, lightning-quick transactions. Literally, they are basically all pre-sold and require minimal leg work. Process paperwork upon arrival, prep vehicles, and they are gone. All the work is done virtually. Only two events and even they will be spread out. 1) walk through to order in December, answer questions and make sure everyone is happy with spec and price 2) finish financial paperwork and walk through of vehicle. Maybe 1-2 hours tops, between both?

Smart move by Granger. I wonder when they did the math on all of this? Post Mach-E, after they saw what that process was like?

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truth. Especially, lightning-quick transactions. Literally, they are basically all pre-sold and require minimal leg work. Process paperwork upon arrival, prep vehicles, and they are gone. All the work is done virtually. Only two events and even they will be spread out. 1) walk through to order in December, answer questions and make sure everyone is happy with spec and price 2) finish financial paperwork and walk through of vehicle. Maybe 1-2 hours tops, between both?

Smart move by Granger. I wonder when they did the math on all of this? Post Mach-E, after they saw what that process was like?
Albert mentioned using this type of strategy, though obviously in much lower numbers, in a few previous new launches and I assume Mach-e was one. Ford is still rolling out this new reservation system, which isn't helping as we all know, yet Granger is still making the most of it. They vetted the early concerns with Ford corporate, ramped up the reservations as Ford did and were able to hit the ground running for this. They're taking soooo much sh!t over the phone and email from other dealers. Crybabies.

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm already with Granger, but the shipping looks intriguing to me. I would still need to drive it from Denver to Flagstaff, but that would be much easier, I think.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The delta is likely a 'little' bit higher due to discounts on options packages and accessories....but most likely not enough to change your reservation.
I'm glad you found the route that works for you! Feels like so much cumulative anxiety on the forum about finding the right dealer for them. So more people that find their dealer, the less anxiety we will all have!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who is your dealer?

dgorsett

Big Bend