Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if we trade in our vehicle at Granger or out of state, won't we get that tax reduction?

This is what I can save on taxes for my car
State Tax = $1,716
Sponsored

Last edited:

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not greater, just the same.
so true, no delta. Maybe on accessories if you do any of those.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure you clarify other fees — doc fee, D&H, etc.. The best I could get out of any dealer near me was X-Plan pricing + D&H + $400 doc fee + $45 temp/title fee. That was from Larry H. Miller in Lakewood. Brighton Ford will match. I’m effectively saving $2500 by going to Granger. More if I opt for any factory additional accessories.

If timing on my Bronco delivery isn’t ideal and I need to arrange shipping, I’m still saving about $1300 by going with Granger. I was trying to hold out for the Build and Price to go live before switching to Granger. A couple of the local dealers are not willing to put numbers in writing or fully talk about it until final pricing goes live. So I have not switched yet, will do so before the change deadline expires.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's great. You should definitely go with them then.

I had an entirely different experience with the many dealerships I called before switching to Granger.

I started out shopping around for price but after listening to a lot of lies, misinformation, avoidance, and general rudeness, decided to change on principle. It's as if all the Front Range dealerships have been instructed to not accept transfers from other Front Range dealerships, or discuss pricing, or put anything at all in writing. I fully expect them to charge whatever they want once they have people locked in, and after the October 31st deadline.

And oh, I stand to save a hell of a lot more than $75 :cool:

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Granger is discounting accessories.
Granger is a substantial savings below xplan.
Would encourage you to visit the doc that compares the different pricing strategies. It’s stickied at the top of the forum:

Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Intriguing, but has Larry Miler put this in writing? Phil Long Ford, Colorado Springs, speaks of great deals until I asked for written confirmation. Granger has. If Larry Miller will, they will get a lot of business moved to their dealership.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Especially for folks with trade-ins, it may make a lot of sense to buy local. That's great.

I was at Larry H Miller in Colorado Springs last summer looking at a Sequoia, and every truck I saw had a $1,000 "windscreen nano coating" added. They said it protected the glass from hail damage ? . Maybe they won't do that to the Bronco, but when I hear "no dealer markup", that doesn't mean "no dealer accessories". Add in the fact that dealers in the area have been cagey with putting their deal in writing, and I bailed.

But, I don't have a trade-in, so I have less to consider.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So here’s something else for everyone to take a look at. Page 3 says this:
Vehicles purchased outside of Colorado
Motor vehicle sales made outside of Colorado are not subject to Colorado sales tax. Generally, a vehicle sale occurs at the location where the purchaser takes possession of the vehicle.
If a Colorado resident purchases a motor vehicle outside of Colorado and registers it in Colorado, the purchaser must pay Colorado use tax and any applicable local use tax at the time of registration. If the purchaser paid any sales, use, or other similar tax legally imposed by the state in which the sale took place, the purchaser is allowed a credit against the use tax due for the sales tax paid.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/SUTT_MotorVehicles.pdf
So, if sales tax is 6% in Iowa and 8.31%in Denver, that’s $231 per $10,000 spent that you save on taxes. Plus you get to reduce your first year use tax by the amount of sales tax paid in Iowa. So a $40,000 Bronco saves $924 sales tax and you get $2,400 to credit towards your use tax. I don’t know if that carries forward, but you could get out of use tax for 1-3 years! That’s another $800 minimum for a total savings of $1,724!
@Granger Ford do you have any experience with this little nugget of info?
Thank you for looking this up. I knew I was going to have to figure this out eventually. You've just saved me some time.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BroncoChicken I think you glossed over this line:

If a Colorado resident purchases a motor vehicle outside of Colorado and registers it in Colorado, the purchaser must pay Colorado use tax and any applicable local use tax at the time of registration

So, if you paid the Iowa sales tax rate when you purchased you would get credit for that amount but still owe the delta of 2.31% upon registering in CO. However, Granger may be set-up to take the entire 8.31% tax that will be owed to Denver. That is something the OP and Ganger can clarify.
Sponsored