Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sjp said:
Are you really getting an Outer Banks? Because we are being overrun by the Badlands people in here and I could really use some support.

Would you mind telling me your reasons for going OuterBank? The reason I'm asking is that you live in Colorado (One of my Kids lives in Bailey) he wants me to order WT or BL, I'm leaning towards the OB.
Sure. The main reason is cost. It's the lowest priced Bronco that has the High package as an option (I want the 360-degree camera, not available on Base, Big Bend, or Black Diamond) and the option to add the Advanced 4x4 without adding the Sasquatch package (not an option on Base or Big Bend).

Badlands comes with features that are nice, but that I don't need, like the sway bar disconnect. I drive a lot of very rough backroads for work, but I'm not taking it rock crawling. And the cost is much higher - I've priced out both with the options I want and the Badlands costs about $5K more than Outer Banks. The WildTrak is even more, and has the Sasquatch, which is super nice and looks great, but for all the highway miles I put on (15,000 annually), it doesn't make sense. I know some people like the vinyl or leather interiors, but I hate sitting on hot (or cold) plastic and I avoid buying leather (I'm an ethical vegan). I'm not taking this thing to the beach (Colorado isn't exactly a coastal state) so I don't need the washout interior either.

I'm a freelance writer and one of my gigs is writing Colorado outdoor recreational guidebooks, so I'm either working from home or working on the road. I need something that can get me where I need to go on both highway and backroads. The 360 camera and advanced 4x4 will come in handy both places, especially with our crazy weather and bad drivers.

Finally, I'm kind of short - just 5'6" - so I actually like the step. Can I haul myself into the truck without it? Sure. But after hiking all day (every weekend, averaging 26 miles a weekend through the summer) I don't want to. I just want to drop my pack, sit down, take off my boots, put the seat back, and sleep.
Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Would you mind telling me your reasons for going OuterBank? The reason I'm asking is that you live in Colorado (One of my Kids lives in Bailey) he wants me to order WT or BL, I'm leaning towards the OB.
The most common reason I have heard is OB is a good choice if you want the lux package but don't need the offroad capabilities of BL.
This. This will be my DD with occasional off-road use. I wanted some amenities.with the ability to off-road.

Edit - sjp described it well. I've considered dropping down to a BB or BD to get the price down but the OB has what I want and the price works.

Last edited:

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure. The main reason is cost. It's the lowest priced Bronco that has the High package as an option (I want the 360-degree camera, not available on Base, Big Bend, or Black Diamond) and the option to add the Advanced 4x4 without adding the Sasquatch package (not an option on Base or Big Bend).

Badlands comes with features that are nice, but that I don't need, like the sway bar disconnect. I drive a lot of very rough backroads for work, but I'm not taking it rock crawling. And the cost is much higher - I've priced out both with the options I want and the Badlands costs about $5K more than Outer Banks. The WildTrak is even more, and has the Sasquatch, which is super nice and looks great, but for all the highway miles I put on (15,000 annually), it doesn't make sense. I know some people like the vinyl or leather interiors, but I hate sitting on hot (or cold) plastic and I avoid buying leather (I'm an ethical vegan). I'm not taking this thing to the beach (Colorado isn't exactly a coastal state) so I don't need the washout interior either.

I'm a freelance writer and one of my gigs is writing Colorado outdoor recreational guidebooks, so I'm either working from home or working on the road. I need something that can get me where I need to go on both highway and backroads. The 360 camera and advanced 4x4 will come in handy both places, especially with our crazy weather and bad drivers.

Finally, I'm kind of short - just 5'6" - so I actually like the step. Can I haul myself into the truck without it? Sure. But after hiking all day (every weekend, averaging 26 miles a weekend through the summer) I don't want to. I just want to drop my pack, sit down, take off my boots, put the seat back, and sleep.
Excellent points.

The complaints used to be with any new vehicle, lack of choices. This Bronco has so many making it almost frustrating to build just what ya want or think ya need...I like it that way!

Thanks for the great information.

Reactions: sjp

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This. This will be my DD with occasional off-road use. I wanted some amenities.with the ability to off-road.

Edit - sjp described it well. I've considered dropping down to a BB or BD to get the price down but the OB has what I want and the price works.
I'm almost ready to fall on the OB side of the fence for the same reason as you.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT :geek:

If you are a Colorado reservation holder/buyer and have already switched to Granger but have not been added to the Colorado Group Buy private thread, please post in this thread to let me know. I will add you to the private thread so you can be up to speed on the transport delivery option... or just join in the conversation about other things with fellow Coloradans.

Keep in mind that transport shipping is totally optional as some members are going to Granger in Iowa to pick their Bronco up and drive it back, and some members are handling their own personal shipping of their Bronco, but you are welcome to join in the conversations and make the decision when it comes to your delivery.

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT :geek:

If you are a Colorado reservation holder/buyer and have already switched to Granger but have not been added to the Colorado Group Buy private thread, please post in this thread to let me know. I will add you to the private thread so you can be up to speed on the transport delivery option... or just join in the conversation about other things with fellow Coloradans.

Keep in mind that transport shipping is totally optional as some members are going to Granger in Iowa to pick their Bronco up and drive it back, and some members are handling their own personal shipping of their Bronco, but you are welcome to join in the conversations and make the decision when it comes to your delivery.
I know I am part of this thread. Not sure If I am part of the private thread. Hook a brother up. Thanks.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m with granger also. Littleton Colorado for me. Hook me up too please
Just added, welcome to the group!

By the way, you are officially our 100th member in the private thread.

ComplexAfraidLadybug-max-1mb.gif

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t live in CO. But if the group needs more more car to meet the bulk ship rate, I’m interested. I have an October reservation and will fly out to Denver for pick up, from LA. Let me know...looking for a shorter flight and drive back.

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just put in my switch to Granger, so add me please!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU, BMW 535xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I am part of this thread. Not sure If I am part of the private thread. Hook a brother up. Thanks.
I finally was able to talk to Ford and switch my reservation (which had been converted to an order without my knowledge) from Groove Ford to Granger. Please add me to the private thread. Thanks!

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally was able to talk to Ford and switch my reservation (which had been converted to an order without my knowledge) from Groove Ford to Granger. Please add me to the private thread. Thanks!
Glad to hear you got yours resolved!

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just put in my switch to Granger, so add me please!
Added you both, welcome to the group!

jmadsen

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350, 2017 Explorer, 1945 Ford GPW, 53 C6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally decided what I wanted for my July 13th reservation and placed my order with Granger.

Thinking of either having it shipped to Utah or possibly joining your Colorado group shipping and picking it up there if you guys have room for another and will have me?

Thanks
Sponsored