First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went yesterday at 4. Not many people there, only had to wait maybe 10 mins to see and sit in the Bronco. Told them Granger, didn't get a hat. Wish I would have asked for one, kinda mad I didn't get one. She seemed perturbed that I was with Granger and not a local dealer. I have no beef with CO dealers, it was my OKC dealer that screwed me over and that, combined with moving to Denver and the Granger group buy was why I switched over.

Most impressive thing there? Bronco Sport! Been trying to talk my wife into one to replace her MDX and she went from a hard no to a maybe after riding/driving one through the little obstacle course.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the Broncos they had, and the Bronco itself. I guess I'm one of the few who has seen the 2DR Badlands Sasquatch in person (see profile pic) and I'm not sure if having a 2DR there yesterday would have made a difference but, given the news and info over the last week and my disappointment yesterday, I'm now strongly considering dropping my reservation and getting a Tacoma. Going to test drive one this week so it vs the Bronco will be fresh in my mind.

Not sure what the MSRP was on the ones they had there but my build is $65k and there is no way I can justify that after seeing/sitting in one in person. $45k for a TRD Off-Road Tacoma loaded to the hilt is a way better buy for me right now.

I've been waiting since around Nov 2019 for this. I cancelled a custom Scout II build in favor of waiting for the Bronco. I've put down reservations (two), showed up to Super Celebration West in 2020 to see it in person and Ford has done nothing but disappoint.

I know this is off topic but I need to share it with someone to get it out of my system. Wondering if anyone walked away from yesterday with the same feelings.

:(

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m going to go see it this afternoon. The email last week was super discouraging, but I’m still on board. My biggest concern is if my head will be above the roll bar or not (it can be on jeeps).

I also saw the 2 door at super cel west last year. Thankfully the 2 door still works for my needs, so I was able to Get a basequatch v6 under $41k.

@cardinalsfan it sucks that it doesn’t fit your needs. If you don’t mind me asking, what was it about the Bronco itself you found underwhelming? The badlands at super cel west, even on 33s seemed super impressive, so I’m surprised this event was underwhelming.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to go see it this afternoon. The email last week was super discouraging, but I’m still on board. My biggest concern is if my head will be above the roll bar or not (it can be on jeeps).

I also saw the 2 door at super cel west last year. Thankfully the 2 door still works for my needs, so I was able to Get a basequatch v6 under $41k.

@cardinalsfan it sucks that it doesn’t fit your needs. If you don’t mind me asking, what was it about the Bronco itself you found underwhelming? The badlands at super cel west, even on 33s seemed super impressive, so I’m surprised this event was underwhelming.
Honestly, it boiled down to price. Sitting in one yesterday I just couldn't justify paying $65k for any build of Bronco. Especially not when I can order a very capable Tacoma TRD Off Road for $45k and have $20k left for accessories and parts. I had no real clue on pricing when I saw the Badlands at Super Cel West, I was thinking maybe $50k at that point.

And the Tacoma just fits my needs better - having a truck (that can haul 6500#) has come in handy a ton. The Bronco was always a compromise for me but I thought the perks (convertible, doors, off-roading capabilities) would make up for it. And it does to a point - just not enough to justify the price.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly, it boiled down to price. Sitting in one yesterday I just couldn't justify paying $65k for any build of Bronco. Especially not when I can order a very capable Tacoma TRD Off Road for $45k and have $20k left for accessories and parts. I had no real clue on pricing when I saw the Badlands at Super Cel West, I was thinking maybe $50k at that point.

And the Tacoma just fits my needs better - having a truck (that can haul 6500#) has come in handy a ton. The Bronco was always a compromise for me but I thought the perks (convertible, doors, off-roading capabilities) would make up for it. And it does to a point - just not enough to justify the price.
Fair enough, if a build that fit my needs was over $50k I’d be looking elsewhere too. (Thankfully I can be a bit of a Luddite at times 🤣)

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair enough, if a build that fit my needs was over $50k I’d be looking elsewhere too. (Thankfully I can be a bit of a Luddite at times 🤣)
This is the first time I've really considered anything other than a Bronco so I'm still researching and comparing what features/capability I might lose between the two.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those in the Denver Metro Area that has not signed up for a space, I was able to go today and get in to the event.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first time I've really considered anything other than a Bronco so I'm still researching and comparing what features/capability I might lose between the two.
It's hard to discount the Off-Road version of the Tacoma/4runner...that's really the sweet spot in pricing I think. Also can get them in green this year.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I went and saw them today. My two biggest concerns were immediately relived (that my head would be above the roll bar, and that I wouldn't have good enough visibility through the windshield).

The interior felt really nice to me, definitely an upgrade from my current 2015 f150 xlt. I personally don't understand all the underwhelmed reactions, but I also dont spend any time in luxury vehicles (nor typically care about the features that differentiate modern luxury vehicles).

Given that my basequatch v6 order came in under $41k, I'm now even more excited, and I definitely think I made the right choice.

Sponsored

cscherrer

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw them yesterday. Nothing jumped out at me that made me want to cancel my reservation. Over all, I was impressed with what I saw. (I do wish they would have had a Sasquatch to look at.) In fact, I wanted to wait until I had seen them in person before I converted to an order and I will be doing that this week.

Now, I just need to find a dealer that I can transfer my reservation to.

bstoked

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Either Sasquatch?
Neither one were SAS. It was great to see the base wheel/tire set on there though. I was impressed at the look/size and confirmed my decision to go non-SAS. I'll likely put a set of 33s on there by the 32s looked great!
Sponsored