First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my default dealership is Mike Naughton here in Aurora. Other than one canned email, I haven't gotten any communication from them. (Nor have I reached out since it seems like others have.) No real strong ties to stay with them for that reason if nothing else.

Just curious why some of you are tempted to buy locally without any discounts from CO dealers? Buying from Granger will save around $1,400 off a local purchase with X-Plan. Add tax to that (8% here), and that's $1,512. A one way flight to Des Moines even on short notice is less than $200. Driving back even if you wanted to stretch over two days would be maybe $200 for gas and a hotel room. So that still a savings of around $1,100. Am I missing something?

Chris
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my default dealership is Mike Naughton here in Aurora. Other than one canned email, I haven't gotten any communication from them. (Nor have I reached out since it seems like others have.) No real strong ties to stay with them for that reason if nothing else.

Just curious why some of you are tempted to buy locally without any discounts from CO dealers? Buying from Granger will save around $1,400 off a local purchase with X-Plan. Add tax to that (8% here), and that's $1,512. A one way flight to Des Moines even on short notice is less than $200. Driving back even if you wanted to stretch over two days would be maybe $200 for gas and a hotel room. So that still a savings of around $1,100. Am I missing something?

Chris
Some of us are definitely leaning that way. I've spoken with five Colorado dealerships so far (four this morning) and aren't happy with any of their answers. They are not going to do anything at all on pricing.

CentennialState

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very fast stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chris
Supporting a local business and not having to hassle with travel is worth something to me... but it's not everything. Local dealers need to get their act together pretty quick to keep my money in CO. Granger is looking more and more attractive every day...

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Supporting a local business and not having to hassle with travel is worth something to me... but it's not everything. Local dealers need to get their act together pretty quick to keep my money in CO. Granger is looking more and more attractive every day...
It would be worth, say, $200 to have less "hassle" at time of pickup. My time is obviously worth some money. But when also weighing the time and hassle during the lead up, I think that gets evened out. I'd also like to support local when possible, but again, I think that's balanced out with supporting what seems to be a good company who isn't trying to pull wool over any of our eyes as opposed to local guys who will seemingly try their best to not save us a buck. Plus, I'm a nerd who collects counties and new roads, so having to take a slower way back as opposed to the abomination that is I-80 across Nebraska doesn't sound like a half bad deal either.

Chris

CentennialState

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very fast stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be worth, say, $200 to have less "hassle" at time of pickup. My time is obviously worth some money. But when also weighing the time and hassle during the lead up, I think that gets evened out. I'd also like to support local when possible, but again, I think that's balanced out with supporting what seems to be a good company who isn't trying to pull wool over any of our eyes as opposed to local guys who will seemingly try their best to not save us a buck. Plus, I'm a nerd who collects counties and new roads, so having to take a slower way back as opposed to the abomination that is I-80 across Nebraska doesn't sound like a half bad deal either.

Chris
Roger that - I agree with you. Hopefully B&P will come out and that will inspire some dealer in CO to do something creative before mid-/late-Oct., but in the (more and more likely) event no dealer around here steps up, I'll more than likely be calling Ford up and adding one more reservation to Granger's extensive list.

I'm very happy to have Granger as an option - while not exactly 'next-door', they're not *that* far away either - and man; no one can fault Albert's presence on these forums. Incredible!

Sponsored

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to deal with Medved twice. Once in 2002 then another in 2012. Felt like I needed a shower after both instances. Swore I would never again. FWIW.

I spoke with Fernando (SM with Phil Long in Chapel Hills). Super nice guy but at the time we spoke (in person) said no markups but that X plan would not be honored. He also mentioned just Phil Long Chapel Hills alone has 350 reservations again FWIW.

And Finally, if you go out of state (and you are financing) make sure ALL of your taxes (Co state,, county and local ) are paid to the dealer where you are buying the car. Otherwise it will hurt to cut the DMV that $3500-$4000 check.

That being said, I will most likely get mine from Sewell in ODessa, Tx and have it shipped. I’d love to get it here though.
My Friends recommended not to shop with Phil Long in Chapel Hills. They do not treat well and charges are hidden until you find out. Phil Long South (Motor City)is better I heard.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe Granger is also offering their pricing on options as well. So at a minimum you are saving ≈1,200.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe Granger is also offering their pricing on options as well. So at a minimum you are saving ≈1,200.
I officially changed to Granger today. Two weeks with no contact from Naughton. I got an email from Albert within a half an hour of me changing.

Chris

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The thread below has information on Colorado Dealers offerings X plan without any additional doc fees and also calculations on savings.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/565/#js-comment-2443
I don't trust a lot of the information on that thread. For one, Town & Country saying that if you switch dealers you fall to the end of that dealer's line, which is simply not true. I spoke with them the other day and it was clear that they have no idea how transferring a reservation even works. In fact, most of the dealerships I spoke with weren't even aware of the process.

Also, a dealership saying they won't charge anything extra above MSRP means nothing to me unless they're willing to put it in writing, and so far none of them have.

I've spoken to multiple Colorado dealerships and am getting similar responses from all of them:

(1) "Don't transfer your reservation because we can't fulfill the orders we already have until 2022" (which tells me they don't know what they're talking about - as far as I know, no dealerships have a limit on how many reservations they can accept, and taking on a new one that was made mid-July is not going to affect the other people on their list of reservations);

(2) "We won't charge anything extra except for..." (and this is when they start talking really fast, like the fine print on a disclaimer);

(3) "Front Range dealerships aren't going to do anything special with pricing" (which leads me to believe they have been speaking to each other and have all agreed to not do any discounts at all outside of Ford X plans, etc. so they won't have to compete with each other on price and can all charge whatever they want);

(4) "The margin on these things is so small that we're not making any money as it is and we couldn't afford to discount them if we wanted to" (which we all know is BS because other dealerships are offering better deals);

(5) AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE: "We're not going to discuss pricing with you at all until the build and price tool comes out." Since it's not coming out until October now, we will have very little time to have any discussions with any dealerships before the 31st. My bet is they will probably avoid talking to people so they don't have to commit to anything.

I am not going to agree to buy anything from anyone without knowing what I'm paying for it first, and attaching myself to a dealership who won't put that information in writing is not going to give me the best price. They can charge me whatever they want, and if I don't want to pay their price, they won't care. There will be plenty of other people with late reservations or no reservation at all who don't want to wait until 2022 or later and will be willing to buy the one I order.

I was in sales for many years and I know the games salespeople play to get paid. I never played them as a salesperson, and I won't play them as a customer. I'm switching my reservation this week. I'm willing to bet that once the B&P tool comes up in October and people start calling their dealerships to talk pricing and financing, and realize they are not going to get any kind of deal at all, there will be a rush on places like Granger, Laura, Stephens, and Sewell.

Sponsored

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have heard nothing at all positive about the larger dealerships in the Front Range. Has anyone gotten any more positive vibes from non-Front Range Colorado dealerships that they've talked to? Thinking places like Summit Ford in Silverthorne, etc. I know a Canon City dealership posted here a while ago, but didn't seem to stick around.

I wouldn't really mind driving to Iowa and making a trip of it if it means both a discount and great customer service, so that's kind of the way I've been leaning lately. But, if there's somewhere in Colorado where I'll at least get decent customer service, if not a discount, that might be most ideal.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty soured on dealers around here. I've never had a good experience; they've all been pretty bad to some degree. I'm a pretty simple dude...I want all the negotiations and as much of the paperwork done ahead of time as possible (and in writing/email). If I have to meet with a finance person, the only numbers I want to discuss are rate/term and what they can do to beat my bank. Hell I'd like it if just once I can get out of a dealership in less than 4 hours of waiting and unwanted discussions.

Little story on my last car purchase. I arrived to pick up my car and not only didn't they have it ready for me, but they didn't even know where it was! Apparently it was a transfer from another dealership in Boulder (which I didn't know) and they had it in inventory but couldn't find it. So while I was waiting at the dealer they finally found it...on display at a mall.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty soured on dealers around here. I've never had a good experience; they've all been pretty bad to some degree. I'm a pretty simple dude...I want all the negotiations and as much of the paperwork done ahead of time as possible (and in writing/email). If I have to meet with a finance person, the only numbers I want to discuss are rate/term and what they can do to beat my bank. Hell I'd like it if just once I can get out of a dealership in less than 4 hours of waiting and unwanted discussions.

Little story on my last car purchase. I arrived to pick up my car and not only didn't they have it ready for me, but they didn't even know where it was! Apparently it was a transfer from another dealership in Boulder (which I didn't know) and they had it in inventory but couldn't find it. So while I was waiting at the dealer they finally found it...on display at a mall.
Join us!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/colorado-group-buy-with-granger.5673/

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Off topic and change up. I'm from Louisiana been in Colorado 2 years. Mud riding is a big thing down there. Go to the spillway run through mud holes get dirty pull people out when they get stuck. Is there places like that out here or is it all rock and dirt trails?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off topic and change up. I'm from Louisiana been in Colorado 2 years. Mud riding is a big thing down there. Go to the spillway run through mud holes get dirty pull people out when they get stuck. Is there places like that out here or is it all rock and dirt trails?
This summer I stayed in a cabin in Almont and did a few days of side by side trail riding. There was a group of people in side by sides and Jeeps a couple of miles east of Taylor Park Reservoir in a section next to a creek that feeds the reservoir doing some mud bogging. It was pretty packed so I didn't try it... but it looked like a lot of fun.

There are tons of trails in that area too. It was a blast and can't wait to go back with my Bronco.
Sponsored