Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This summer I stayed in a cabin in Almont and did a few days of side by side trail riding. There was a group of people in side by sides and Jeeps a couple of miles east of Taylor Park Reservoir in a section next to a creek that feeds the reservoir doing some mud bogging. It was pretty packed so I didn't try it... but it looked like a lot of fun.

There are tons of trails in that area too. It was a blast and can't wait to go back with my Bronco.
I'm high school we took my 79 bronco mudding almost every weekend. Can't wait to take my new one out and maybe try some other trails and some rock crawling.
Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This summer I stayed in a cabin in Almont and did a few days of side by side trail riding. There was a group of people in side by sides and Jeeps a couple of miles east of Taylor Park Reservoir in a section next to a creek that feeds the reservoir doing some mud bogging. It was pretty packed so I didn't try it... but it looked like a lot of fun.

There are tons of trails in that area too. It was a blast and can't wait to go back with my Bronco.
Look me up when you do. We've been in Crested Butte for the past 24yrs and are looking forward to taking the Bronco off-road. Would be great to have more than one in the group. :)

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look me up when you do. We've been in Crested Butte for the past 24yrs and are looking forward to taking the Bronco off-road. Would be great to have more than one in the group. :)
Absolutely! By the way, how are the colors up there right now?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely! By the way, how are the colors up there right now?
Big change in just the last couple of days. The trees are stressed compared to the best years. But there are still lots of pretty places.

11120AD0-BA53-4DC3-A4C9-1206044630DE.jpeg

74F65D63-BAC9-4341-80CD-506491B64725.jpeg

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big change in just the last couple of days. The trees are stressed compared to the best years. But there are still lots of pretty places.

Ford Bronco Colorado Springs 74F65D63-BAC9-4341-80CD-506491B64725

Beautiful... looks like maybe a few more days away from peak.

Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was always cool at my house in manitou, which is at 7500ft, to look up at 14000 then see the aspens turning at the tree line around 11k. Then everyday they would turn about 1000ft lower until they made it to me. Very pleasant.

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome pics man. What trail is it?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome pics man. What trail is it?
Those are just a couple places we walk to out the back door. The top one is on the Columbine trail in the Mt Crested Butte ski area bike park and the bottom one is part of my daily exercise loop over on Snodgrass. But those are just typical samples. You can't really get away from it. Pretty much everywhere you go around here is pretty. We're surrounded by 5 different US Wilderness areas but there is still lots of places to off-road. Here are three more phone pics from the house in different directions that I just took. For reference Aspen is about 16 miles behind the mountain in the top pic. People hike/bike/ski various routes between here and there. It's a bit more hazy than usual because of the fires out west.

Ford Bronco Colorado Springs IMG_1389

Ford Bronco Colorado Springs IMG_1388

Ford Bronco Colorado Springs IMG_1387

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You live in one of my favorite areas of Colorado and my favorite mountain town, @jsharpe .

We've been looking to buy a cabin or small vacation home around there for a couple of years now. We started looking around Crested Butte South but have expanded to Almont and further east of that toward the reservoir. The updated Cottonwood Pass has cut out around 45 minutes for driving for us so we are even more eager to find something around there!

Do you ever go four-wheeling around the reservoir or anywhere else around you? If so, I may have to hit you up for some places to go. :)

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You live in one of my favorite areas of Colorado and my favorite mountain town, @jsharpe .

Do you ever go four-wheeling around the reservoir or anywhere else around you? If so, I may have to hit you up for some places to go. :)
We haven't for a while since they kids moved away and we downsized from SUV's. My wife has been missing off-roading for a while which is why we are in line for the Bronco. It will be her DD as well.

We've been here for 24yrs andI know the local area pretty well and have been biking most of the 4wd roads in addition to the bike trails (some are so gnarly that I wouldn't even attempt them in any vehicle but were fine on a bike). Thet change quite a bit from year to year. We plan to do a lot exploring in a wider radius than my personal knowledge though so it would be great to have another Bronco to go with. :). I didn't get my reservation placed until the end of August so don't expect it to be built for a while after they start production. Still hoping for fall next year though.

Sponsored

CraigB

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just north of Colo Springs in Elbert County. Glad to have you back In Colorado.

Reactions: sjp

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Deville, 92 Pathy, 82 SR5 Pickup, 96 Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Checking in. Can't wait to take my rig on the trails.

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moving to Monument here in about 3 weeks. Reserved 7/14/20 and hoping to get my Bronco before Supercel West in September though I think it'll be after that due to not receiving a build email yet. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Reactions: sjp

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Deville, 92 Pathy, 82 SR5 Pickup, 96 Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
No idea who is still following this thread, but I'd like to get an email list or something going so we can all stay in touch and get groups together for trail rides and such. If you're interested, shoot me a DM with your email address and/or any other preferred contact info and I'll be happy to organize!

Ford Bronco Colorado Springs 1636470869032

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No idea who is still following this thread, but I'd like to get an email list or something going so we can all stay in touch and get groups together for trail rides and such. If you're interested, shoot me a DM with your email address and/or any other preferred contact info and I'll be happy to organize!

Ford Bronco Colorado Springs 1636470869032
I'll ping you next year when/if I get my Bronco. Waiting on a VIN and build date. There are a bunch of us waiting, and a dozen or so in the process of getting theirs right now.
Sponsored